OodlesDoodles
OodlesDoodles

Posted: 07 March 2005 at 9:26am | IP Logged
Nigaar trades in her vamp image...
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   March 7, 2005

shaheen@mid-day.com
Nigaar Z Khan
Small-screen vamp Nigaar Z Khan, best remembered as the diabolical Sheetal in Lipstick (Zee), has finally shed her negative image. She will appear as the sacrificing Divya in Ayushman (Sony) from tonight.

"I am sure people will not recognise me in my simple character in Ayushman," says Khan about her new avatar. In fact, when Cinevistaas, the producers of the show, approached me for the role, I wondered why they had selected me. It was a challenge for them to present me in a totally new and positive light."

The track has Divya playing Dr Kavya's (Riva Bubber) sister, who is back on the scene after years to reclaim her child Kush. Due to societal pressure, Divya, an unwed mother, had left the child behind. When she remained untraced for many years, the family assumed she was dead.

Says Siddharth Malhotra of Cinevistaas, "One will see Nigaar in a totally different look, an absolutely positive character. It was a challenge for us to portray that and gain sympathy for the character. Divya will go through great emotional turmoil when she sees her own child attached to Kavya."

Khan points out that because of her negative image in her debut role as Sheetal (in Lipstick), "People assumed that I could only do grey roles. Somehow, I got slotted into that glam, vengeful mode. Though as Geeta in Saathiya, it was a positive track. But I entered the show towards the end, so in a sense, Ayushman is my first big positive role."

Khan is looking forward to doing more positive parts and, hopefully, after Ayushman, to being seen in more of the goody-two-shoes roles.

shaheen@mid-day.com

Who is Nigaar Z Khan?

* Began as a ramp model and made her small-screen debut as Sheetal in Lipstick (Zee)

* Featured as Anjali in Jeet (Star Plus), Geeta in Saathiya — Pyar Ka Naya Ehsaas (SaharaOne) and Shyla in Hum 2 Hain Na (Sony)

* Currently seen as Anjali in Prratima (SaharaOne)

meghavi IF-Rockerz
meghavi
meghavi

Posted: 07 March 2005 at 7:18pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the article!!  Good to know that shes going to do a positive role.
Safiyah Senior Member
Safiyah
Safiyah

Posted: 07 March 2005 at 9:50pm | IP Logged
Thanx Fortvpur for the article. I like her & always wanted to see her in positive Charac.
dkdisha Senior Member
dkdisha
dkdisha

Posted: 08 March 2005 at 3:22am | IP Logged

she looks too good in a positove role

Jessi

Tani91 IF-Sizzlerz
Tani91
Tani91

Posted: 09 March 2005 at 6:03am | IP Logged

I know i love her in a positive role

Thanks for sharing

Edited by Tani91 - 09 March 2005 at 6:04am
glamour_girl Senior Member
glamour_girl
glamour_girl

Posted: 09 March 2005 at 11:31am | IP Logged

THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS ARTICLE WITH US!! I REALLY WANTED MORE INFO ABOUT HER AND HOW SHE GOT THE ROLE THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN!!

SAIRA

~LiL*PrInCeZ~ IF-Sizzlerz
~LiL*PrInCeZ~
~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 09 March 2005 at 2:22pm | IP Logged
wow thanx 4 sharin.......yea i waz surprised 2 c her in a gud role 2
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index