India-Forums

Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

On-screen and On-stage

sachin123 Newbie
sachin123
sachin123

Posted: 07 March 2005 at 3:58am | IP Logged
The saga of Indian television's First Family has kept viewers hooked for close to four years now. So when the cast of Kyunki saas bhi kabhi bahu thi, which included Muni Jha, Jiten Lalwani, Ritu Chaudhury, Jaya Bhattacharya, Khyaati Keswani, Jitendra Trehan, Rakesh Paul, Sudhir Dalvi, Rushali and Master Karan, also decides to perform together in a play titled Sabse bada rupaiyya, you know that, notwithstanding the many on-screen villanies and shenanigans of the cast, the actors remain a close knit lot.

Says Muni Jha, the co-producer of the play and who as JD chacha, is a popular character on Kyunki.., "Most of the actors of Kyunki.. was interested in doing theatre. In the last four years, we have grown really close as a family. Which is why we thought that it would be great if we could venture out with an extension of the show. Infact, I was planning to get the entire cast of 30, but it was not very feasible because of availability of dates and other logistic problems."

The play Sabse bada rupaiyya is a comedy, lampooning the greed of two sons who discard their father after inheriting his property. Jiten Lalwani, who plays the younger son, says he relishes playing negative characters.

He laughs, "I enjoy negative roles as my persona in real life is a very positive one. Playing negative roles affords me a chance to vent any accumulated frustrations." Muni Jha, meanwhile is all praise for the Pune audience. He says, "I have been performing plays here since the last 15 years and I love Pune's audience for being so culturally and intellectually rich." About his future plans, Jha says, "I am considering staging another play with the cast of Kyunki... on how in this materialistic world, we still need to maintain our family bonding."

An apt instance of how the cast that 'plays' together stays together.

cutereems IF-Dazzler
cutereems
cutereems

Posted: 07 March 2005 at 5:56am | IP Logged

Thanx for info sachinSmile

Sounds interesting...need to watch

Nankri IF-Rockerz
Nankri
Nankri

Posted: 07 March 2005 at 11:08pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the info
Safiyah Senior Member