Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

sameer.84

IF-Sizzlerz

sameer.84

Posted: 04 February 2006 at 9:27pm | IP Logged

I was wondering if the western countries are being double standard in their actions.

a) the disgusting caricatures of prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) is 'freedom of press' while they bombard Al-Jazeera news channel station in Iraq for showing true picture of war.

b) the publishing of immoral cartoons of prophet Jesus (peace be upon him) is termed as 'freedom of expression' while anything against jews is 'anti-semitism'.

c) hindu deities pictures on inner-wears is 'right-to-express ' but male sikhs and muslim girls are not allowed to wear turbans and headscarves (hijab) resp. in their schools. they are discriminated at jobs as well.

I fear that the power is being turned to either anti-God people or who are racist.

P.S.: taking western world as a whole

Edited by sam_84 - 04 February 2006 at 9:30pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "are western nations 'double standard'?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

IF-Sizzlerz

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 04 February 2006 at 10:18pm | IP Logged

it is really annoying....they think they have the power to do anything they want but if any1 questions them they make up stupid excuses and try 2 make the other side look bad..even whaen it is their fault.

what is funny is that you have combined 2 current debates into 1....the 1 abt the cartoon of prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and the other about the "so-called" initiative 2wards making secular-izing people by stripping them of their basic religious rights

Edited by ~PaKi*PrInCeZ~ - 06 February 2006 at 3:50pm

hazelgirl

IF-Rockerz

hazelgirl

Posted: 05 February 2006 at 5:24am | IP Logged
i think wester ppl rather ppl living there can ans this better Tongue

SuperDuper01

SuperDuper01

Posted: 05 February 2006 at 7:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sam_84

I was wondering if the western countries are being double standard in their actions.

a) the disgusting caricatures of prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) is 'freedom of press' while they bombard Al-Jazeera news channel station in Iraq for showing true picture of war.

b) the publishing of immoral cartoons of prophet Jesus (peace be upon him) is termed as 'freedom of expression' while anything against jews is 'anti-semitism'.

c) hindu deities pictures on inner-wears is 'right-to-express ' but male sikhs and muslim girls are not allowed to wear turbans and headscarves (hijab) resp. in their schools. they are discriminated at jobs as well.

I fear that the power is being turned to either anti-God people or who are racist.

P.S.: taking western world as a whole

I totally agreeeeee 101%

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 05 February 2006 at 10:51am | IP Logged
I was disgusted by the Prohpets cartoon showing disrespect !!

Later i watched the CNN late edition and the Saudi Ambassador to Denmark was being interviewed on the cartoon issue. I was shocked to see when they showed pictures of Jewish people drinking blood , and the star of david being merged with Swastika  in the Saudi Newspaper in December 2005 .

Both these depictions of Prohpet and anti semetic pics were disrespect for other people's religon and were sick and hypocritical !!

Edited by Aparna_BD - 05 February 2006 at 11:04am

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 05 February 2006 at 1:03pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Aparna_BD

Later i watched the CNN late edition and the Saudi Ambassador to Denmark was being interviewed on the cartoon issue. I was shocked to see when they showed pictures of Jewish people drinking blood , and the star of david being merged with Swastika  in the Saudi Newspaper in December 2005 .

Both these depictions of Prohpet and anti semetic pics were disrespect for other people's religon and were sick and hypocritical !!

do you remember which newspaper it was?

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 05 February 2006 at 2:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by T.

Originally posted by Aparna_BD

do you remember which newspaper it was?

No they mentioned the Newspapers name , i just didn't catch the name . Seemed like Al- something (not Jazeera) It was the Wolf Blitzer show - Late edition came this morning (may have been a repeat)

AbsolutelyNuts!

AbsolutelyNuts!

Posted: 06 February 2006 at 7:12am | IP Logged
I'm a Westerner. So let me give you a 'westerner's' view.

You said western countries. Just because a couple of countries did that doesn't make the other countries just as bad. And even all the people in the country shouldn't be labelled bad because of what the few have done. Osama has done some pretty bad things. Should I call all Muslims terrorists? No, right?

You do realize that this is the first time someone made a joke about the prophet in print, right? Obviously the same thing must have happened to the Jews. That's how doing anything against them is now called anti-semitic. Mel Gibson's Passion of the Christ was considered anti-semitic by the masses. You didn't see people going crazy over that. You didn't see people rioting over that.

c. That's not true. Where I live and the university I go to accepts people the way they are. If Muslim girls choose to cover their heads, it's allowed. If sikh men decide to wear turbans, that's allowed too. And guess what? They even have different religious organizations for Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs, etc. I want to remind you that just because a few countries or universities take away the right to express yourself religiously, doesn't mean all of them do so too. Please refrain form overgeneralizing.

~PaKi*PrInCeZ~
Yea sam i agree with you completely...not 2 be racist but whites (especially catholics) are very ignorant and closed minded and they claim 2 b the "most secular" group of people. they dont like "other" people...they find something wrong with every group that is not like them.

Do you realize that you just sounded like a racist yourself? Do you realize that you just made yourself sound narrow-minded by calling white people in general ignorant and narrow-minded? Let me tell you something. I've met so many desis with exactly that kind of mentality. But at least I won't stereotype and call all desis narrow-minded. Stop with the racist comments yourself. White people don't like other people... "they find something wrong with every group that is not like them." That's a racist comment if I ever saw one.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

reeha...k

Post Reply New Post

Go to top