sree
sree

Posted: 06 March 2005 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
I will never work with Kkavya: Ekta
   By: Upala KBR
   March 7, 2005

upala@mid-day.com

Ekta Kapoor

The queen of soap operas is hopping mad. Taken aback by accusations from actor Rakshak Sawhney (whom she had replaced in Kkavyanjali) that she refused to give him time off from a hectic shooting schedule, Ekta Kapoor is swearing vengeance.

"I will never cast him in a Balaji serial again. I treated him like a younger brother. I told the unit that whether he was good or bad, they should look after him on the sets. Everybody in my unit was up in arms against him and wanted him replaced, but I stuck up for him," says Kapoor heatedly.

She lays the blame for his late hours squarely on Sawhney's shoulders.

"Everybody was tired — Nivedita Basu (creative head), my unit, my cast and crew. Rakshak would take eight hours to shoot just one scene. He used to have difficulty understanding the scenes and his acting was amateurish. One time, it took the unit two-and-half days to shoot four scenes with him. Sometimes, my unit was shooting 24/7, and it was his fault. After we've put up with all this, how can he speak against me like this!" Kapoor exclaims.

The head of Balaji Telefilms is also upset about Sawhney speaking of the low TRPs Kkavyanjali was getting.

"How can he say it's a 10 TRP show?" fumes Kapoor. "Apart from him not keeping well, Rakshak also had a problem performing, so even if I hadn't replaced him he would have had to back out eventually."

After Sawhney exited Kkavyanjali, Kapoor had promised him a role in Kasautii Zindagi Kay. What happens now?

"I was thinking of casting him in Kasautii, but now I will never work with him again! I thought he would be able to understand the relatively simpler nuances of the character of Kasautii, but I'm having serious second thoughts. I will drop him from my serial. I don't care what anybody says. He has really upset me," she says, visibly angry.

upala@mid-day.com

The story so far…

* On March 3, hitList carried a story about Eijaz Khan replacing Rakshak Sawhney in Kkavyanjali. Sawhney refused to comment at the time.

* On March 4, Sawhney gave us his version of the story, claiming that the exceedingly long working hours had taken a toll on his health.

* He said that when he asked Ekta Kapoor for a break, she told him to leave the show, promising him a role in Kasautii Zindagi Kay instead

Nankri IF-Rockerz
Nankri
Nankri

Posted: 07 March 2005 at 4:14am | IP Logged
Thanks for the article..I read that in Mid-day..Ekta is right this time...
mere_pyaar Goldie
mere_pyaar
mere_pyaar

Posted: 07 March 2005 at 5:12am | IP Logged
thanx for the info!yeah i agree this time ekta has taken the right decision.
HUMM IF-Dazzler
HUMM
HUMM

Posted: 07 March 2005 at 5:12am | IP Logged
Thanks for the info sree!Smile
SONYA_K Goldie
SONYA_K
SONYA_K

IF’s Strict Mod

Posted: 07 March 2005 at 6:40am | IP Logged
Thanks 4 the info!Smile
cutereems IF-Dazzler
cutereems
cutereems

Posted: 07 March 2005 at 7:02am | IP Logged

Thanx for infosree!

Rakshak is cuteTongue

romaila IF-Addictz
romaila
romaila

Posted: 09 March 2005 at 7:13am | IP Logged
thanx 4 sharing da article.
keshoo Groupbie
keshoo
keshoo

Posted: 10 March 2005 at 6:24am | IP Logged
yeah thanks for sharing the ariticle with all of us especially with us who are overseas and dont knw whats goin on back in india....what did rakshak have to say about all this..all the accusations etc etc???
does anyone have any info???

Go to top