PriyaS Goldie
PriyaS
PriyaS

Posted: 06 March 2005 at 10:10pm | IP Logged
 Double take: Rimjhim's new role
   By: Tushar Joshi
   March 5, 2005

BRAT ATTACK: Narayani Shastri in her new look
After Kasautii Zindagi Kay (Star Plus), it is the turn of Zee's Piya Ka Ghar to take a generation leap.

The two year old soap revolves around a dutiful daughter-in-law Rhimjhim (Narayani Shastri) who has several ups and downs in her relationships.

However, the show has now taken an age leap with the focus shifting on the new generation.

This heralds the entry of Rhimjhim's daughter Megha, also played by Shastri. "Megha is nothing like her mother. In fact, she is the complete opposite. She is spoilt, rude and a complete brat."

Since Narayani does her own make up, she had a lot to contribute in her new look. "It is fun dressing up like a brat," she says. "I have always been very close to this show, and am doing my best to help make this generation leap exciting for the audience."

However, ask her for a genuine opinion on the bizarre leaps that shows across channels are taking, she says, "I find age leaps pathetic."

Says Shastri, "Soaps which have been going on for three to four years and taken a leap only become more boring. But I guess at the end of the day, it comes to what the audience wants to see. If they want the show to continue, there's nothing I can do about it."

She adds, "I really find it ridiculous when actors complain about not wanting to look old on their shows. It's like cheating the viewers. I would personally love to look old and grey on my show, but I guess the audience wants to see me in my beautiful young look."

Incidentally, Shastri also plays the role of a mother in the Balaji daily Kkusum (Sony). As Taashu, the former wife of Abhay (Anuj Saxena), she has a son through him called Ansh (Akashdeep Saigal).

Safiyah Senior Member
Safiyah
Safiyah

Posted: 06 March 2005 at 10:15pm | IP Logged
Thanx for posting this article Priya.
cutychet Senior Member
cutychet
cutychet

Posted: 07 March 2005 at 12:02am | IP Logged
thanks for the infoSmile
jas Goldie
jas