•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
1. she allows her DIL to work .
2.She allows nimmi to follow her religion,
3.She never says every bahu to wear saree.
4.She wants her every bahu to be perfect in everything. means they should handle the whole responsibility very efficiently.AND THERE ARE CERTAIN RULES IN EVERY FAMILY.SO WHAT IS WRONG IN FOLLOWING THAT. LOVELY IS DETERMINED TO BREAK EVERY RULES MADE BY MAASA BECAUSE SHE HAS NOT GOT THAT MUCH ATTENTION from her parents. She has been brought up by nanny. And Maasa has brought up their kids with certain values  and because of that values Kartik lied that he ran away with lovely and everybody knows that this is not true.
Originally posted by indianlady

Maasa has brought up their kids with certain values  and because of that values Kartik lied that he ran away with lovely and everybody knows that this is not true.

πŸ˜†

maasa teaches  to lie.what an observation.

πŸ˜†

Originally posted by 100raj

πŸ˜†

maasa teaches  to lie.what an observation.

πŸ˜†

you go it wrong I mean to say that  she instilled that values that Kartik supported lovely the liar and saved her reputation and from her parents anger.
one comment: Adults are called adults b/c they are allowed and expected to make their own decisions and we don't see that happening in this show. 
And if a joint family must have rules everyone should come up with them together not the dictatorship we see in this show. 
A a man and woman are allowed to marry and have children then they should have the right to make a decision on how they want to raise their children, and what they want to do with their OWN lives. 
Masa's rules are not rules they are strict enforcements that strips away the identity of an individual to a point where they stop thinking on their own and blindly follow what she says even when it comes to children. 
Its no whether or not they are bad or good rules, its the psychology behind her controlling behavior.  For eg regardless of what my personal stand point on children watching TV is, I would hate it if my mother or my mother in law came to my house and started dictating on what my children can do in their free time and whether or not they can watch TV or celebrate diwali. Personally I would have a huge objection to that! 

1. she allows her DIL to work .
2.She allows nimmi to follow her religion,
3.She never says every bahu to wear saree.

Also all these statements imply that she is doing them a favor by ALLOWING them these things. Working, following your own religion and wearing the cloths that you want to wear are some what of basic human right in the 21st century. They are not favors that some one bestows upon you. That's like saying she allows them to eat food or drink water. So what if she didn't allow then they would stop eating? 
My point is that her ALLOWING these things makes the statement ridiculous in it self b/c these issues are none of her business. Whether or not her DIL works, or what she wears is that DIL's problem, and Masa should def not interfere. 

you go it wrong I mean to say that  she instilled that values that Kartik supported lovely the liar and saved her reputation and from her parents anger.

what principle he is fallowing by telling lie to his mother??
even today maasa dose not know karthik is lied.
so what is difference  between karthik and lovely??πŸ˜†
Edited by 100raj - 12 years ago
i think another plus point is that maasa is not portrayed as the typical indian saas where she hates her DIL and tries to kick her out of the house or make her get a divorce with her son, which we often see in hindi shows.
maasa is strict but at least she is not trying to seperate lovely and kartick, she is just trying to make lovely fit in with the way she wants.
i think its better that way, at least lovely is with the family and slowly everyone is accepting her, and slowly there will be change in the famiy too.
Originally posted by simidhillon89

i think another plus point is that maasa is not portrayed as the typical indian saas where she hates her DIL and tries to kick her out of the house or make her get a divorce with her son, which we often see in hindi shows.
maasa is strict but at least she is not trying to seperate lovely and kartick, she is just trying to make lovely fit in with the way she wants.
i think its better that way, at least lovely is with the family and slowly everyone is accepting her, and slowly there will be change in the famiy too.

mrs.kaushik taken firm decision already -if lovely dose not change then she and karthik need to leave house.
she will change lovely otherwise lovely need to leave house.

its like head i win -tail you loose.
Plus points : she doesn't believe in Dowry , She doesn't believe in accepting pricey gifts given by daughter in law's maayka, she respects daughter in law's family, she's proud of Simran , that means she accepts working women that too in different fields.

But all her good points are suppressed because of her weird strict nature and old time 'Hitler' rules , horrible punishments !
Originally posted by 100raj

what principle he is fallowing by telling lie to his mother??
even today maasa dose not know karthik is lied.
so what is difference  between karthik and lovely??πŸ˜†Difference bitween kartik and lovely is kartik lied for loverly's honour not like lovely who lies for each and everything