Suggestions / Comments

MOTW!!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Sun7shine

IF-Rockerz

Sun7shine

Posted: 14 November 2011 at 8:36pm | IP Logged
Hi all! I jst wanted to know abt MOTW!! Wt's d basis for choosing such members n who chooses them??

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "MOTW!!" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Nafisa.

IF-Stunnerz

.Nafisa.

Posted: 15 November 2011 at 3:23am | IP Logged
It would be the way MOTW is chosen I would rather it be more objective rather then a subjective choice, we have the Hall of Fame (the number of votes from forum members on a person), which is nicely split into, day, week, month and all time members of the forum...I think the weekly activity only should make the decision of who is MOTW. That is a more objective choice, therefore no prejudice, like previous quarrel with the person or cronyism/kalakari actions is involved in the decision. A more fairer decision is made that way.

But in our forum for a very long time I was at the top of Hall of Fame for 7 weeks (in the Daily, Weekly, Monthly categories) but was chosen only on the 7th week. 

The explanation I was given is that Hall of Fame doesn't come into the choice, but active contribution in the forums, Fan fics, VM's where the whole forum appreciates your work then you get picked as MOTW. But just to warn you I wrote fan fics during that 7 weeks, and if I am 7 weeks at the top of Hall of Fame people in the forum were appreciating my contribution on the forum and were voting for me...so I think you have to shame the people who choose the MOTW (by staying at the top continuously for 7 weeks like I did) for you to get to be picked...at the moment no objectivity is used in choosing MOTW.

Sun7shine

IF-Rockerz

Sun7shine

Posted: 15 November 2011 at 3:29am | IP Logged
Are these d mods who choose MOTW or regular members of forum can also choose??

.Nafisa.

IF-Stunnerz

.Nafisa.

Posted: 15 November 2011 at 3:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sun7shine

Are these d mods who choose MOTW or regular members of forum can also choose??

In our forum one Mod makes the decision, the last MOTW needs to come up with 3 names and then the one Mod makes a decision on that, but yaar if we have the hall of fame why are these subjective means used, just go by the decision made by the whole forum (hall of fame on the votes).

Edited by Nafisa_blossoms - 15 November 2011 at 3:33am

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.