Can Men and Women Be Friends? - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
@sweeni- i too want them to remain best freinds...

@gopi- thanx for liking what i wrote...

@sur001- well my point is also why not keep them friends? i know thats a very big thing to expect but it would definitely be different, hai na?
and some other guy can come for Indira while mandira and rishi would make a great pair...thats a solution if we HAVE to think of a solution that is...
Originally posted by a little faith

^^πŸ˜† Yeah, I love his retraction of his men and women can't be friends' line in that film.

Thing is there are two types of attractive, one seen with the eyes and the other seen with the heart and mind. The first is pretty much instant BUT the second requires a little intimacy, a sharing of souls. I know I have had that when did he get so good looking moment. As Harry finds out for himself. πŸ˜†

Even then. there could have been a sub  conscious level of attraction, have you contemplated that sabah πŸ˜† .  I agree, attraction doesn't always have to do with looks, could also be with the individual's character or personality, but there is some factor about them that has drawn towards them isn't it πŸ˜›.
Ok i will reply to Sabah and Revathy together...

what if the person you are friends with share NO quality you are looking in a life partner? does the when did he look so good moments matter as well? i do have male freinds about whom i never thought beyond friendship...its another thing they never found me attractive...🀣
But I do believe and I have seen such friendships where people chose friendship over the lust part...cause it was too precious to loose...
^^

I am not denying that sometimes desire or attraction isn't an element of love or even friendship. I mean we are attracted to flowers because of their fragrant scent and bright colours but some of us chose to remain close because of their wholesomeness.

I am just saying, that like Harry, when that primal desire of the eyes begins to fade, a more substantial feeling of love, (which yes, can include an element of desire) begins to smoulder. 

Upon a tangent, I know I knew your name. I remember our conversations from way back BUT just can't quite remember. I also remember you always remained an enigma, in that you never really offered  your name, though you did your hand of friendship, so I won't push it. I want to say Rachna, but I have a feeling I am wrong. Still, it was lovely to talk to you again. With love, Sabah

EDIT, Revathy.  Thanks Rinky. I knew it began with R. 😳 Sorry.
Edited by a little faith - 12 years ago
Originally posted by .SilentPrincess

In real life that entirely possible. But this is "tellywood". Keeping Rishi-Indira in mind I don't think they'll remain just friends. Yes they will be friends eventually, but then one of them will fall in love etc...

Although I hope they do something different here...HD is very different and I hope they do something different.

neither do I expect that to happen...they wont remain freinds that is...and why just tellywood...even watch the english serials...even bones, cis, friends couldnt do without colleges room mates not being in love...toh hindi serials kya cheese hai...πŸ˜†
@Rinky

As I said the complexities of the human experience.  I do not disagree with you BUT as you affirm my point, even if just for a moment you did in fact contemplate something more, even if further contemplation banished such thoughts forever, or the reality denied fruition of such thoughts.

As for the they didn't reciprocate element Rinky, trust destiny, for it knows best.  Sometimes its hindsight saves us much hurt.

With love, Sabah
Originally posted by -Rinky-

Ok i will reply to Sabah and Revathy together...

what if the person you are friends with share NO quality you are looking in a life partner? does the when did he look so good moments matter as well? i do have male freinds about whom i never thought beyond friendship...its another thing they never found me attractive...🀣
But I do believe and I have seen such friendships where people chose friendship over the lust part...cause it was too precious to loose...

@bold...I don't like the word lust,  let me stick with the term attraction, rinky the moment one of them finds themselves attracted to the other person, the  friendship is no longer platonic, I mean u cannot deny or control what you have felt, even if they have decided to put it behind them for the sake of friendship.

@blue...you may not be exactly looking to find a life partner in your friend, the question is even for a split second, if the thought crosses your mind, would you be able put it aside as if it is not a big deal πŸ˜‰. go figure

@ Revathy😳

@bold...I don't like the word lust,  let me stick with the term attraction, rinky the moment one of them finds themselves attracted to the other person, the  friendship is no longer platonic, I mean u cannot deny or control what you have felt, even if they have decided to put it behind them for the sake of friendship.

I disagree, as I said in my initial post, it is only natural that when two people meet, that they will consider something more, even if for just one moment, upon first impression or after an incident or throughout their relationship.  Whether you want to call it primal, natural or something visceral, it occurs.  Its existence does not negate platonic, for sometimes just as easily as it comes, it fades away. It is a natural pit stop that happens in relationships and sometimes it is quite negligible and doesn't affect the substance of the relationship in any grand way.

With love, Sabah

Men and Women two essential part of this universe(why -because they are humans lol). . .and if we think from the friendship point of view A girl having a large no. Of boys as friends. . .will she love everyone? . . .the answer is yes but just as friends . . .so this point rules out. . .then comes attraction. . .if attraction is there then lust will be there so friendship is just a veil to hide the feelings. . .

@Rinky-I like Rishi and Indira together. . .they look good and has the potential to make a great pair. . . .just a matter of time. . .till then will wait to see the blossoming friendship cum romance(maybe)
yes it does cross the mind...but you see people around are always there to force it into your mind...πŸ˜ƒ

then its like...it wont work that way so lets stick to the way it works...

btw if you guys had seen Kuch kuch hota hai dont you think anjali wud have been better as a friend of rahul?