Page 1
Page   of 8
Page 2 Page 8

-Rinky-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Rinky-

Posted: 13 November 2011 at 7:20am | IP Logged
Hello,
             I was feeling really bored and idling my time on the internet so I thought of doing something subjective. Can men and women be only friends? Thanx to popular movies by yash raj and popular fiction we have been fed with the idea that men and women can't be only friends...But going by what I have experienced and seen in real life I am thoroughly convinced otherwise...
            The idea to search on this topic was inspired by the discussions done on this forum. Where people have categorized Rishi as Indira's future lover Confused.It is highly possible that it is exactly what will happen. My question is why can't we accept a man and a woman being only friends?
              According to research it is quite possible for  a man and woman to be in a platonic relationship. In a society where men used to take care of work outside and women inside the house it was difficult to communicate beyond romance. But now it has changed where men and women both are entering into the opposite sex's field and domain and sharing ideas and concepts. With women becoming more confident the man having the upper hand in things is also fading away. Now friendship between a man and woman is more equal. Equations have changed...Not that i am saying a man and a woman should not fall in love but its immature to push every casual friendship into the path of love. Cause it might eventually affect a great friendship...
              Coming to the context of the show.I think both Rishi and Indira can make great friends. Indira needs a friend who can see through her tough exterior and recognize the sensitivity within. Who can make her take things light and laugh and love the world. The attraction part need not come and can be saved for future... Indira can contribute a lot in a friendship as well, dedication,care, i will be by your side for ever through thick and thin attitude, honesty...I am yet to understand Rishi to know what he seeks in a close friend...
              With so many serials concentrating on the romantic side of a man woman relationship why can't Indira and Rishi be different? Its a LOT to ask from a Hindi serial but hopes should never die. I want to see atleast one serial which concentrates on the platonic side of a man woman relationship. And I think Indira and Rishi would make a perfect example of that...

So what do you think guys? do you think man and woman can be just friends? or does the attraction always override? do you have platonic male friends? what sort of relationships do you share with them? and do you feel Indira and Rishi should/would be headed for a simple friendship? 

Please reply

Regards
Rinky

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

sky86sweeniNupsdipsrozina-Ratidua22ana.khana little faithclustersofstarsur001-Amri-gopi06Pratamesh-Khushi--Pri.RP-InvisibleSmileAngels_Sweetz-RageOfAngelz-J.LOrelentless.Silent.Dreamer

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Can Men and Women Be Friends?" in Hitler Didi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ratiheaven33

ratiheaven33

Posted: 13 November 2011 at 7:23am | IP Logged
but dear in this show they are couples nobody can deny that

sweeni

Posted: 13 November 2011 at 7:28am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Rinky-

-Rinky-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Rinky-

Posted: 13 November 2011 at 7:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ratiheaven33

but dear in this show they are couples nobody can deny that

how do you know? did the producer personally message you?

dua22

gopi06

IF-Dazzler

gopi06

Posted: 13 November 2011 at 7:41am | IP Logged
my wish also same as you rinky...both Rishi and Indira can make great friends
With so many serials concentrating on the romantic side of a man woman relationship why can't Indira and Rishi be different? Its a LOT to ask from a Hindi serial but hopes should never die. I want to see atleast one serial which concentrates on the platonic side of a man woman relationship. And I think Indira and Rishi would make a perfect example of that...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

a little faith-Amri-Angels_Sweetz-Rinky-Silent.Dreamer

a little faith

Goldie

a little faith

Posted: 13 November 2011 at 7:43am | IP Logged
Rinky,

Interesting topic. 

The intricacies of an individual human soul is incomprehensible let alone all those computations when you add into the mix another heart's complexities.  However your post specifically centres upon the attraction element between two souls. 

In terms of lust, desire and attraction, I think most people if not all will ponder, even if just for an instant, the possibility of something more than platonic, with every acquaintance.  Whether it happens upon first impressions, in the aftermath of an epiphany or even continually throughout the relationship, it is something that occurs.  Whether you label it as natural, primal or something more visceral, I think its existence, even for the briefest of moments is undeniable.  Most of us have had that I can't believe I am thinking about THAT person experience, which a little contemplation can vanquish into the realm of the forgotten or never to be thought of again regions of your mind.

In terms of love, more is needed, this fragile, delicate and nowadays rare emotion, is never just a natural consequence of two people meeting. Something of kindred, affinity and a little history is needed, which comes after knowing a person and sharing something of your soul too.  Maybe desire was the initial phase of this journey towards love, but at some point acquaintanceship and friendship is needed. 

Now to my point.  Can men and women be just friends?  Yes.  However there is a disclaimer attached which reads that at some point they will both contemplate something more just as platonic love or friendship is a pit stop in some journeys to love.

With much love, Sabah

Edited by a little faith - 13 November 2011 at 7:54am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-Amri-gopi06Pratamesh.SilentPrincessAngels_Sweetz-Rinky-Silent.Dreamer

sur001

IF-Dazzler

sur001

Posted: 13 November 2011 at 7:48am | IP Logged
As per me why not but sometimes good friends make a great couple coz they understand each other and for the question how one can be confident Rishi is opposite Indira. . .the thing is that if not Rishi than someone else will be there than whats wrong in Rishi. . .and dear its an Indian daily soap so there will be surely someone and if not than this show will be a real exception

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Gil-oxiellia90-Rinky-

.SilentPrincess

IF-Rockerz

.SilentPrincess

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 13 November 2011 at 7:48am | IP Logged
In real life that entirely possible. But this is "tellywood". Keeping Rishi-Indira in mind I don't think they'll remain just friends. Yes they will be friends eventually, but then one of them will fall in love etc...

Although I hope they do something different here...HD is very different and I hope they do something different.

-Rinky-

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.