Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
I think the director is talking about today's actresses can't be paid the same amount as actors because the whole movie is carried by the actors. But in the other decades, Sridevi used to get paid more than her heros in the movie
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
But actors like Abhisheikh Bachchan whose dance moves create waves🤢 deserve to get more than Katrina whose SKJ is the floppest item number till date.

Actors like Imraan Khan desrve to get more for his flawless acting in Kidnap🤢 than Anushka Sharma who gave only flops.

If BW males think like this then actresses do not deserve 20 crores.🤢

TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Kal El

I guess the question is whether the eye candy deserves the same kind of money as the "star hero" who is the driving force of the movie.

Unless it's Salman, in which case the heroine should get minimum amount and the rest should go to bechara Pompy who keeps Bhai energized with his dancing and cooking.

Ditto, i think he was talking about Katz, and not about other actress...🤔 not sure though...

First of all, we dont have a mind blowing actress in todays days , some are good , but not versatile ...  and its a known fact that all movies or some movies have lead lady for romance, crying and shadi , thats it , end of movie, very very very rarely a female oriented movies comes out and they run amazingly well ... 

Why do movies like Ra.one, Rockstar, Ready, Bodyguard, Ghajani , Don2, Dhoom3, all makes news even before a year before release and not a movies like Pyar ka Panchnama, Shaitaan, Stanley ka dhabba, etc... star power of Males ..

Those top actors dont deserve that much money for sure, they hardly shows all emotions in a movie, mostly its ur typical stereotype emotions  

Anyways, I would love to see a gal from industry taking amount close to a hero, say around 80% close to him ... 

Budha kahi ka, ladies should ban him off 
ana1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Pay should depend on the amount of work the actor or actress provides to the movie

LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Here is the deal...A Salman Khan with a newcomer Sonakshi and unknown director can make a movie ATBB. Heroines on the other hand can't. It's not their fault...it's the way the structure is. Audience go to see movie based on hero...here there everywhere...most heroines don't pull in the crowd (maybe if they have an item song!). And not to forget heroines roles in any movie is short and their impact is short. They hardly get good meaty roles and when they do and they try something different the movie tanks and there goes (there are some exceptions but the amount of money generated is low)

If anyone today Katrina should get equally paid as any Khan...she pulls in the crowd like any other hero can...she has had hits after hits...with the Khans or the newcomers like IK (she even got hit with John and Neil! says something!).  So why can't she be offered 20 crore?
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Originally posted by: Terenaina

I think the director is talking about today's actresses can't be paid the same amount as actors because the whole movie is carried by the actors. But in the other decades, Sridevi used to get paid more than her heros in the movie

That is also true. Sridevi did get paid more...she used to pull the crowds. Well today we have Katrina who pulls the crowds. I am not going to bring in talent...people don't get paid in cinema based on talent.

I think as ana1 said pay should be based on how much time you need to give for a movie...including movie + promotion...that's base salary. I think the actresses need to form a union and demand their rights! You have to fight the system- prove your point and get your rights but most actresses are too busy hanging onto big heroes coat tails!
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I know kat pulls the crowd. Even I love the songs she chose but she does us audience a favor by doing the songs and having short role in a movie. I mean did she even had a role in that movie with hrithik, Farhan, Abhay, the whole movie was about these three guys, it would've NOT been fair if she got paid the same amount as them who spent so much time on that movie

Even if you see the behind the scenes pics of her movie with salman, it looks like salman is doing all the action and stuff and Kat is standing there with high heels on a short dress. It would not be fair if she got paid the same amount as salman
Edited by Terenaina - 12 years ago
LifeOLicious thumbnail
^but does role size matter? arshad warsi had a equal size role as sanjay dutt in Munnabhai...and had equal hand in its success...I doubt he got paid more than Sanjay EVER! In Dhoom 2, Uday had bigger role than Ash but I am sure Ash got paid more.

I think lead hero/lead heroine + status (last hits,crowd pulling power) that's how payments are made currently. I am sure Kalki got much much less than Katrina in ZNMD so role size I don't think matters right now.

True someone should not get paid for just standing in a dress...but if standing in a dress adds value to the movie (more crowd + potential hit...why do you think item songs are put in movies?)...and that is the current criteria...I am not talking about ideal payment system...I am saying based on what it is right now...
Edited by LifeOLicious - 12 years ago
Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Terenaina

I know kat pulls the crowd. Even I love the songs she chose but she does us audience a favor by doing the songs and having short role in a movie. I mean did she even had a role in that movie with hrithik, Farhan, Abhay, the whole movie was about these three guys, it would've NOT been fair if she got paid the same amount as them who spent so much time on that movie

Even if you see the behind the scenes pics of her movie with salman, it looks like salman is doing all the action and stuff and Kat is standing there with high heels on a short dress. It would not be fair if she got paid the same amount as salman

am not getting you. You are trying to say actresses deserve way less. In MBKD Kat had same role as Imran, maybe even more but am sure Immu got paid more. why? because the world is sexist. Am not getting your argument, but the truth is that the world is sexist.
Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: LifeOLicious

Here is the deal...A Salman Khan with a newcomer Sonakshi and unknown director can make a movie ATBB. Heroines on the other hand can't. It's not their fault...it's the way the structure is. Audience go to see movie based on hero...here there everywhere...most heroines don't pull in the crowd (maybe if they have an item song!). And not to forget heroines roles in any movie is short and their impact is short. They hardly get good meaty roles and when they do and they try something different the movie tanks and there goes (there are some exceptions but the amount of money generated is low)

If anyone today Katrina should get equally paid as any Khan...she pulls in the crowd like any other hero can...she has had hits after hits...with the Khans or the newcomers like IK (she even got hit with John and Neil! says something!).  So why can't she be offered 20 crore?

Totally agree with everything you said. Especially the bold. Its the truth, bollywood and even the world is sexist. I bet freida pinto is paid more than all our top actresses combined, only because she is in hollywood