Hitler Didi

India-Forums

TOI: You feel preyed upon in Delhi-Rati Pandey

Wings-of-Fire IF-Rockerz
Wings-of-Fire
Wings-of-Fire

Posted: 11 November 2011 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
You feel preyed upon in Delhi
Actor Rati Pandey, who has been shooting in the city, had no option but to slap a bouncer because he tried to act fresh with her

Divya Pal

Having shot the show "Hitler Didi" for over a month in the walled city of Old Delhi, jam-packed Azad Market and other congested areas, actor Rati Pandey has got used to male gaze. That's why she wouldn't have been shocked had bystanders passed strange comments or glared at her for no reason. But she was stunned when the bouncer, who was supposed to shield her from fans, tried to misbehave that too in Chandni Chowk. Rati had told us earlier how while shooting in the same area, a bystander while sipping tea, made a rather spiteful comment, 'Aaj chai bahut garam hai". "I was numb for a minute and didn't know how to react," she was earlier quoted as saying.
But this incident shocked her. The matter took an ugly turn when she confronted the bouncer and insisted that he shouldn't try to touch her again.
"We were shooting for a sequence wherein I had to board a bus from Chandni Chowk. Each time I got down from the bus, the bouncer held my hand as if he was trying to help me reach the other side of the road. I ignored it twice, but when it continued, I asked my director to intervene. When it was repeated, I couldn't control myself, removed his hand and hit him because I knew it didn't happen by accident. Matlab log aise hi nahin karte yeh sab," she says. What surprises her is the fact that no punitive actions have been taken against the bouncer. "He is still a part of the crew. He hasn't been asked to leave, I don't know why? But I have been assured that such an instance will not be repeated," she says.
A few weeks back when Rati with co-star Gargi had gone to Palika Bazaar to shop, the experience was, as expected, dehumanizing.
"Pata nahin kyun, lekin woh log hotein hain na, fukre type, humko aise dekh rahe the jaise hum kuch alag dikh rahein hon. I mean, we weren't even wearing body-hugging clothes. Is there a way to hammer decent thoughts into the minds of men in Delhi? It takes just one look to understand how men think here. Are they are conditioned to disrespect women? In our case, it is the image we build on the screen that makes men feel they can do anything to us and get away with it. Lekin hum sirf actors nahin hain, normal log hain. We too slog to do justice to our work." Is there a message she has for women in Delhi who experience this virtually every day? "Create a scene, yell, and make people around know if someone tries to misbehave. Don't take anything lying down," she explains.

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Daily/sk ... 1025361062

Edited by -roshnee- - 11 November 2011 at 12:10pm

The following 38 member(s) liked the above post:

hpotterbekuborshashahmayur4evrStrugglerparuldutta123sweenidimi-bestsky86ros92-786ananyasheraAsktheDustomjeetkhushiratisp87guessimgreat-Swetha-maxhotWAZMEmoksha89gopi06mygaby-Gunners-Favouriteofall-Samira-.SilentPrincesssumonetolubRitu.VYukti_Ratzholic-SupriyaluvsMN--Rinky-Angels_SweetzSwirledDreams.Nabi.Anaya_Silent.Dreamerstyle14PureBlissRajinilicious

dimi-best Senior Member
dimi-best
dimi-best

Posted: 11 November 2011 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
this girl is awesome Clap
good job rati i proud u dear Approve

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Wings-of-Fire

WAZME Goldie
WAZME
WAZME

Posted: 11 November 2011 at 12:51pm | IP Logged
she is a brave girl i just love her

Wings-of-Fire

snowflake. IF-Stunnerz
snowflake.
snowflake.

Posted: 11 November 2011 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
Good Job.. I am Proud to be a Rati Pandey Fan Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Shilpa.AgarwalWings-of-Fire

Struggler Groupbie
Struggler
Struggler

Posted: 11 November 2011 at 4:08pm | IP Logged
Many of us just shy away, feel embarrased from such experiences and don't admit it out in the open. I am so glad that she is using her lime light for the best and hoping girls in similar circumstances would raise a voice! Keep it up!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Shilpa.AgarwalWings-of-Fire-Rinky-

Ritu.V IF-Rockerz
Ritu.V
Ritu.V

Posted: 11 November 2011 at 4:37pm | IP Logged
So proud of Rati n i m so happy she discuss her bad experiece openly to her  fans so they can be aware of  these things happening  in the  places like delhi

Thanks for sharing

Edited by Ritu.V - 11 November 2011 at 4:39pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Wings-of-Fire-Rinky-

-Samira- IF-Rockerz
-Samira-
-Samira-

Posted: 11 November 2011 at 5:12pm | IP Logged
Proud of you Rati go girl
ur verry brave
thanks Rosh

Wings-of-Fire

gopi06 IF-Dazzler
gopi06
gopi06

Posted: 11 November 2011 at 7:27pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing roshnee
I am proud of you Rati..god bless you dear

Wings-of-Fire

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index