Intriguing character: Indira Sharma

Gagan-06 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 12 years ago

Let me begin with saying, I had no expectations from this show nor did I anticipate on watching HD. If the title was not already enough to make me laugh at the silliness, I thought this show was going to be ' ahh cheezy and a major snooze fest. Anyway, circumstances had it and i happened to come across hitler didi airing on TV, while my parents were watching it.

Now to my surprise, I was actually blown away by the first episode. I honestly did not expect it to be presented so well. Yes, it is not perfect nor do i expect it to be, but the overall quality was great! Let me start from the beginning, first, I loved the little kiddo. I loved the narration from his perspective at the beginning and then as he leaves, the transition to Indira's perspective. The difficulty she faces to run the family financially is well portrayed. Then comes the next two episodes and you realize what a faltoo family Indira has' bunch of useless people and you feel bad for Indira. The demands of her family and the carelessness towards the financial situation is the highlight for the next two episodes. One can sense that she is taken for granted, but she stays strong. The special thing about Indira is that she doesn't let herself breakdown. She is a believable character. Coming to yesterday's episode, again one of the best episodes after the 1st one. You feel Indira's pain.  After doing so much for the family, all she gets is taunts and how heartless she is'. Finally, she yells I am PROUD of Myself!  One of my favorite scenes. Yes she wasn't going to take crap from anyone be it her own family. Why should she? The ungrateful family cannot even offer her warm dinner! Indira does have feelings and emotions, but when no one cared she buried those emotions. Why should she feel sorry for taunting at her brother, making her bhabhi cry, bossing her sister, and yelling at her mother? Truth Hurts, doesn't it? Do they ATTEMPT to understand her or help her? No! In fact their increasing demands never tend to stop.  This is the best part about Indira. She knows she has responsibilities and she fulfills them, but without letting her family run over her. Indira Sharma: It's my way or the highway and guess what buddy emotional blackmailing isn't going to work. Perfect!

I haven't watched today's episode, but once I get off work, I will watch it. However, I did want to mention that I loved the face to face meeting between her and her dad yesterday and now I am intrigued to see the confrontation today :D 

Gagan
Edited by Gaganjot.S - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EtherealRati thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
omg omg...gagan di gagan di.. ❤️

welcome to the forum di...was waiting for u..🤗.

Awww lovely post di...superb, mind blowing  is the word shayad ...ok leave i can never find a word to describe your posts...u just rock...love u loads and loads and loads diii 🤗❤️

Coming to the post ...Ya the show gave much more than expected . Rati made a good choice . Anyone can relate to indira's character well as its near to real life and with rati's expressions ...everyone can feel indira's  pain to depth .Its just a week the show start airing from...and still it made people go attached to it...which is a big achievement in itself . The show has a unique concept and the most important thing has great scope . Just not rati di as an actor is impressive but all the dialogues are well written and the real locations from delhi are the cherry on the cake . So we have got an opportunity to see our angel in a complete new avatar ...and she is rocking which ones again proves who versatile our angel...i am really happy right now...first about show , than forum and now u ...🤗

waise preeti di kaha hain...i miss her presence around ...hope she joins us soon...❤️..
Edited by Surbhi123 - 12 years ago
rouble_lover thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Extremely well said!! 👏 Everything written here, I felt the exact same, after watching the show. And also, one of my fav. dialogues from this show also is, in the first episode, the last scene, where she says, "...someday I will also laugh, and when I do, it will echo through the whole city." That was a truly touching dialogue, and how it was contrasted and compared with the rain in delhi. aaah.. awesome!!! and I also, think the new guy, Sumit, is kinda growing on me. I mean, yea he is a newcomer, but I feel like he is putting effort in his acting. Which is nice! :)
Gagan-06 thumbnail
Hey Surbhi!!! How are you?? aww soo sweet of you!!! *hugs*

@mayurartirocks: thank you so much!

Gagan-06 thumbnail
Originally posted by: rouble_lover

Extremely well said!! 👏 Everything written here, I felt the exact same, after watching the show. And also, one of my fav. dialogues from this show also is, in the first episode, the last scene, where she says, "...someday I will also laugh, and when I do, it will echo through the whole city." That was a truly touching dialogue, and how it was contrasted and compared with the rain in delhi. aaah.. awesome!!! and I also, think the new guy, Sumit, is kinda growing on me. I mean, yea he is a newcomer, but I feel like he is putting effort in his acting. Which is nice! :)

@bold: Could not agree anymore! I loved that scene on the bus!
Not to mention the actual location of Delhi being shown is Amazing! Makes it all so real then the fake props we have been used to seeing :D
-SupriyaluvsMN- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
beautifully said gagan!!!👏

Welcum 2 HD forum!😃
EtherealRati thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Gaganjot.S

Hey Surbhi!!! How are you?? aww soo sweet of you!!! *hugs*

@mayurartirocks: thank you so much!

me fine diii...missed u so much...🤗...from the very first day the forum opened...i was like where is di...i mean our ratians family is incomplete without u...🤗...love u loads di...❤️...u rock...i can't even tell u how happy i am today...🤗
-Rinky- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
welcome to HD forum gagan...i know you couldn't resist it...😆

wrt the post will get back with a longer reply later...😃

-aishuu- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Gagan ur entry to the forum 😎
Welcomess dearr!! Its me Aisho 

Okayyy, Now will wait for more posts from you!! :)

We love you<3

AreYaar thumbnail
Hey Gagan...I had no expectations from this show either but it has surprised me pleasantly in many ways...the presentation so far has been surprisingly good and refreshing...the cast is good and they are acting well...I also liked yesterday's scene with Indira seeing her father in the gali...the show is being presented well...I like the bg music too.

Indira's character is definitely different from the run of the mill...the premise and the way she handles her life and circumstances is what I'm finding interesting right now.