Armav's demons make him hurt his angel again

Posted: 12 years ago

Revisiting the symbolism of Khushi taking mud from Arnav's pot

Thirteen days ago we saw Khushi take mud from Arnav's pot to make diyas for La. At the time she did not know that the mud contained seeds that Arnav had sown.  Her inadvertent disturbance of the germinating seeds had ruined the chances of those seeds to grow into plants which could have flowered and maybe even borne fruits. Some of us felt that the seed reference could be to Arnav's growing feelings of love for Khushi and her haste may have ruined the chances of those feelings to grow. 

Well we saw this symbolism materialize in last week's episodes.  After the near kiss, Khushi in her typical impatience hounded him with questions, the answers to which he himself was groping for. Had Khushi given him the time and space to figure himself out and accept the inevitable, maybe, just maybe ,Arnav could have reacted more positively towards her.  In any case he would not have hurriedly announced his intention to marry La in order to prevent Khushi from finding out what was really in his heart.  As the saying goes, haste makes waste and so it was in this case too.

Symbolisms in Nov 8th Episode

Khushi  wanted to bid adieu to the entire family through phone but Anjali (and later Nani)invites her home.

This goes to show that it will be Anjali who will be responsible for getting Khushi back in the Raizada house.

Although Arnav was shocked and unhappy to hear that Khushi has quit her job and will no longer come to the Raizada house, he was irritated and annoyed when he heard Anjali tell Mamji that it is because of Khushi that Arnav agreed to marry La.

Arnav knows what a big blunder he made in announcing his intention to marry La.  Anjali's words only brought home the fact that Khushi was indirectly responsible for his hasty decision and he is angry with her as well as himself.

When Khushi tells her family she has been called  to the Raizada house Buaji surprisingly allows her to go and when she says that does not want to go she agrees for that too. In fact she even gives her the key to Arnav's mannat, thereby reminding Khushi she still has it.  

The imposing Buaji seems to have left everything in Khushi's hand.  She even indirectly indicated that she will support Khushi's relationship with Arnav by handing over the key to her. Is this an indication that Buaji will accept Khushi's decision to live with Arnav?

In the privacy of his room Arnav remembers his harsh words that belied the contrasting images of his soft actions.  He had told Khushi she means nothing to him but the mere recollection of Nani's words that it was Khushi's last day made him close his eyes in pain.    

This goes to show that however much Arnav tries to push away Khushi because true to her name she brings happiness to him which he fears may turn a mirage, he will not be able to rid his mind of her thoughts and losing her will cause him immense pain.

La comes to him and tells him it is Khushi's last day and how much she would miss her (if only she know how much Arnav was already missing Khushi) . She tells him that she will gift her a dress in her style since Khushi had made her wear a dress which was in her style. Arnav's leaves the room angrily.

We already know that Khushi managed to transform  La and make her more like her.  Would La change Khushi to be more modern like her? Would that irk Arnav, no end?  I wonder!

Arnav overhears his family's conversation on Khushi and learns that Anjali was responsible for getting Khushi to the house. He lashes out at Anjali for inviting her over. He even bites out that she may charge them for the extra day she spends with them.

This goes to show that although Arnav would have to accept Khushi for Anjali 's sake he would resent it because Khushi makes him feel emotions he would rather keep buried within himself.  He may accuse her of being a gold digger even if he knows deep within his heart that she is not.  He will keep resorting to using this weapon everytime he feels she is getting close to him.

Khushi overhears  his harsh words and with her eyes filling up in tears, she tries to leave but is stopped by Nani, Anjali and even La. La even goes to the extent of threatening to eat all the jalebis.

This shows that Khushi may try to leave when the pain gets unbearable but Nani may stop her from doing so. Now Arnav could be a good reference to jalebis.  Afterall his thinking is as twisted as the sweet.  Khushi's presence would prevent La from getting Arnav.

Nani gifts her a gold Devi Mayaa, Anjali gifts her a holy book which ius supposed to bring happiness and peace in her life and La gifts her a stylish suit. Although Mami does not give her any explicit gift she give her hand saying that is gift enough.

Devi Maiyya has always been Khushi's strength.  Maybe Nani will knowingly or unknowingly help Khushi find her strength.  Anjali will indirectly provide her the tools to help Khushi find peace and happiness in her life.  The one reason that will keep Khushi's spirits up when the going gets tough would be the fact that she is helping Anjali in some way.  La's gift shows that maybe she will be responsible for Khushi's external makeover at a later stage when she tries to establish herself independently.  We may see a modern Khushi in the place of our traditional chamkeli.  Not only will Khushi's dress undergo a change, even her thoughts may become more radical and modern thanks to La's influence. Coming to mamiji, by extended her hand (albeit relunctantly) she indicates that even she will help Khushi although not willingly. Maybe the Payash connection will bail Khushi (or Arshi) out at some point.

Arnav is infuritiated with OP and yells at him for not getting him black coffee and instead offering him juice. OP reminds him that he does not like sugarless black coffee but he shuts him up saying that he'd rather not hear him say what he likes and does not.

If only Arnav would let Khushi into his life, she is bound to sweeten it like the juice but he'd rather had the bitter coffee.

Khushi puts in all the gifts she received into her bag except La's gift which she holds in her hand as it is too big for it to fit into her small bag.

The gifts given by Nani and Anjali will remain hidden within her (as the emotions she derives from them i.e, strength, peace and happiness are intangible). La's gift of modernity would be visible for all to see.   

When the rest of the family go to receive the panditji Khushi excuses herself and goes to meet Arnav at the pool. Arnav lashes out in seeing her and when she tries to tell him something, he grips her shoulders and pushes her away from him.

The pool is where all eventful things happen in Arshi's life.  We do not know why she went there because Arnav does not let her complete her sentence but we can presume that she had gone there to return his mannat ki chabbi as she was digging into her bag.  Arnav cannot bear to have her around, especially near the pool, because she reminds him of his own weakness at the very same place not long ago.  The last time he held her face tenderly and was about to seal his feelings with a kiss but this time he gripped her shoulders and pushed her away showing that he will always push her away when his tender emotions threaten to take over him.

Khushi hurts herself in the broken glass even as he turns his back from her but she does not let him know that he hurt her. He thinks she is still around and turns back to lash out at her again but she is gone, much to hiss surprise.

This goes to show that no matter how much he hurts her, she will not let him know that. That does not mean he cannot sense it.  When she leaves him, she will do so silently, without any fanfare. He may not even know when she left.

Khushi hurriedly leaves the house, her wounded hand carefully hidden in her dupatta as Arnav looks from his room in shock and pain.

Now dupatta is symbolic of honour.  Khushi will always cover up the pain and wounds he inflicts on her with her honour. 

From the precap we know that he has found out that she is hurt and he will bandage her up. I'll have to see the entire scene to give my take on it but suffice it to say that although Arnav will be the cause of her pain he will also be her remedy.

Edited by Opti - 12 years ago
Great post, I don't know how supportive Buaji will be if she learns the truth about Khushi being in love with Arnav. Right now she is under Shyam's spell and thinks he is the best, once that spell is broken she'll probably be supporitve but until then I doubt it

Arnav is hurting from within but won't let anyone see so he resorts to lashing out. I notice how angry he gets when he hears of how Khushi was indirectly responsible for him announcing he was ready to marry Lavanya. He is still kicking himself for that decision

I really hope Khushi is not modernized, at least not in regards of her clothing. I don't want to see a makeover, I like her character for who she is now seeing her in a different avatar just would take away what makes her character unique.

I wonder if Arnav finds out about Khushi's injured finger through the broken glass, maybe he'll see blood on it and realize it doesn't belong to him or OP. Looking forward to seeing a caring Arnav in tommorow's epi even if it is short lived, it just proves that underneath his anger is someone who does care.
wow...amazing & on pointπŸ‘ yu r really gud @ dis...πŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by Opti

Symbolisms in Nov 8th Episode 

La comes to him and tells him it is Khushi's last day and how much she would miss her (if only she know how much Arnav was already missing Khushi) . She tells him that she will gift her a dress in her style since Khushi had made her wear a dress which was in her style. Arnav's leaves the room angrily.

We already know that Khushi managed to transform  La and make her more like her.  Would La change Khushi to be more modern like her? Would that irk Arnav, no end?  I wonder!

My thoughts exactly! I'm rooting for La and Khushi to remain friends even after La-Arnav breakup ... and for La to help Khushi with an external makeover of sorts.

Nani gifts her a gold Devi Mayaa, Anjali gifts her a holy book which is supposed to bring happiness and peace in her life and La gifts her a stylish suit. Although Mami does not give her any explicit gift she give her hand saying that is gift enough.

Devi Maiyya has always been Khushi's strength.  Maybe Nani will knowingly or unknowingly help Khushi find her strength.  Anjali will indirectly provide her the tools to help Khushi find peace and happiness in her life.  The one reason that will keep Khushi's spirits up when the going gets tough would be the fact that she is helping Anjali in some way.  La's gift shows that maybe she will be responsible for Khushi's external makeover at a later stage when she tries to establish herself independently.  We may see a modern Khushi in the place of our traditional chamkeli.  Not only will Khushi's dress undergo a change, even her thoughts may become more radical and modern thanks to La's influence. Coming to mamiji, by extended her hand (albeit relunctantly) she indicates that even she will help Khushi although not willingly. Maybe the Payash connection will bail Khushi (or Arshi) out at some point.

Great points - all of them!

Khushi puts in all the gifts she received into her bag except La's gift which she holds in her hand as it is too big for it to fit into her small bag.

The gifts given by Nani and Anjali will remain hidden within her (as the emotions she derives from them i.e, strength, peace and happiness are intangible). La's gift of modernity would be visible for all to see.  

I absolutely loved this interpretation of yours ... beautiful!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Khushi does not need to change from the inside ... she is lovely as she is, and her strength comes from her inner convictions, as exemplified by Nani's and Anjali's gifts. But yes, she does need to acquire some modern polish and some maturity ... again I hope La will help her.

Khushi hurts herself in the broken glass even as he turns his back from her but she does not let him know that he hurt her. He thinks she is still around and turns back to lash out at her again but she is gone, much to hiss surprise.

This goes to show that no matter how much he hurts her, she will not let him know that. That does not mean he cannot sense it.  When she leaves him, she will do so silently, without any fanfare. He may not even know when she left.

Again, agree completely. And he will realise too late and be left with his guilt and regrets ... until he finally accepts to himself that he IS vulnerable to this girl. His unconditional acceptance will be the final stage of his transformation from Beast to Man.

Khushi hurriedly leaves the house, her wounded hand carefully hidden in her dupatta as Arnav looks from his room in shock and pain.

Now dupatta is symbolic of honour.  Khushi will always cover up the pain and wounds he inflicts on her with her honour. 

And her pride ... she is as stubborn and proud as he is ... the word in Hindi is swabhimaan ... she has that in spades.

From the precap we know that he has found out that she is hurt and he will bandage her up. I'll have to see the entire scene to give my take on it but suffice it to say that although Arnav will be the cause of her pain he will also be her remedy.

Beautiful post, as always, Opti! πŸ‘

Fantastic post Opti.

The CVs could surprise us still - with no marraiges - but modern independent businesswoman Khushi track - will be great to see LA break up with ASR and team up with Khushi and give AR a run for money!! This can be super comic and fun.
Originally posted by sun2011

Fantastic post Opti.

The CVs could surprise us still - with no marraiges - but modern independent businesswoman Khushi track - will be great to see LA break up with ASR and team up with Khushi and give AR a run for money!! This can be super comic and fun.

Now THAT would be truly HATKE ... πŸ˜† ... and I for one would love to see that happening! Would really reflect 'nayi soch' ...
My God Opti! What a beautiful philosophical post. 
You present amazing analysis and explanation of the significance of even the most mundane things they show in the serial. 

Loved your post!πŸ‘πŸΌ
awesome post ... what symbolism ... I do not have any words to praise it ... simply πŸ‘πŸΌ