Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

KAREENA'S Autumn Winter shoot with Metro Shoes (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 9

Page 1 Page 6
Page   of 9
Page 8 Page 9

Naach_Basanti

IF-Sizzlerz

Naach_Basanti

Posted: 10 November 2011 at 5:21am | IP Logged
Kareena brands herseld as a glamorous star so all the backlash she is getting for the Thunder thighs is totally justified.

Someone like Konakana or Vidya dont get so much criticism quite simply because they dont market themselves as a glamourous person but more of a serious actor.

Kareena got lauded for her size zero, remember the amount of PR it generated? If you ask me that would have a bigger negative image effect on younger girls, she was even very proud of her size 0.

So i see nothing wrong with all the criticism.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ReldasmarieSam_dean4EvabamboocopterKatalicious

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "KAREENA'S Autumn Winter shoot with Metro Shoes (Page 7)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

smarie

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 10 November 2011 at 5:59am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Katalicious

Kal El

IF-Rockerz

Kal El

Posted: 10 November 2011 at 7:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by smartie_pants

I would have spammed her fat ass to lose weight if she was on twitter...

sadly she isnt...Angry

Thank goodness!

Neetu_Unleashed

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 10 November 2011 at 8:38am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

.khoobsurat.

IF-Sizzlerz

.khoobsurat.

Posted: 10 November 2011 at 8:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Naach_Basanti

Kareena brands herseld as a glamorous star so all the backlash she is getting for the Thunder thighs is totally justified.

Someone like Konakana or Vidya dont get so much criticism quite simply because they dont market themselves as a glamourous person but more of a serious actor.

Kareena got lauded for her size zero, remember the amount of PR it generated? If you ask me that would have a bigger negative image effect on younger girls, she was even very proud of her size 0.

So i see nothing wrong with all the criticism.

So glamorous stars can't have body fat? Last time I checked being glamourous has nothing to do with weight. 

Konkana is not even that big. But yes Vidya does get criticized for her weight even if she is not a glam actress. 

Yes kareena's size zero phase was a bad message for girls. But I never said Kareena was the one who should be a role model. If you remember she lost all that wieght because she was also criticized for being fat in the Don song. She wanted to be skinny so she can be accepted by the media and people who were calling her fat. These public figures are influenced by our opinions, and how they present themselves also influence young girls. So it's up to us to change how we expect them to be "perfect" all the time. 

Look at Anuska. And how scary she looks now. Because directors are asking her to loose wieght. Why? Because of people like us who expect these stars too look thin or pretty or whatever. At the end of the day, these producers and directors are influenced by the people who watch these stars. Until we change how we think...these actress are gonna be pressured to loose weight when they don't need to...in case of ANuska. 

IMO- big kareena and Vidya look much sexier and more pleasing to the eye than Anuska. Yeah kareena and Vidya...shake what you mamma gave yeah. I like to see some meat on girls. 

Edited by beboholic - 10 November 2011 at 8:55am

Naach_Basanti

IF-Sizzlerz

Naach_Basanti

Posted: 10 November 2011 at 9:19am | IP Logged
If actors can lap up the applauses and the exhaggerated praises and the back licking and hero-worshipping

They also have to accept the criticism, brick-bats, the snarky comments on appearance.

its all a part of the deal.

When Kareena can set a negative image for youngsters for being a poster girl for size 0 and earning money through the image (remember the samsung size 0 ads?), she can also be criticised for gaining weight.

No one is asking her to be stick thin- but if you are going to pose with a dress that reveals your thunder thights, it is going to be unaesthetic.

Its a part of her job and her responsibilty towards the image that she has created based on her appearances to either make sure that has the right body frame or wear clothes that dont show her wobbly bits.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sam_dean4EvaKatalicious

.khoobsurat.

IF-Sizzlerz

.khoobsurat.

Posted: 10 November 2011 at 9:24am | IP Logged

If actors can lap up the applauses and the exhaggerated praises and the back licking and hero-worshipping

They also have to accept the criticism, brick-bats, the snarky comments on appearance.

When Kareena can set a negative image for youngsters for being a poster girl for size 0 and earning money through the image (remember the samsung size 0 ads?), she can also be criticised for gaining weight.

No one is asking her to be stick thin- but if you are going to pose with a dress that reveals your thunder thights, it is going to be unaesthetic.

Its a part of her job and her responsibilty towards the image that she has created based on her appearances to either make sure that has the right body frame or wear clothes that dont show her wobbly bits.

lol you don't have to worry about kareena. She learned how to handle criticism. I never seen her backlash at the media. That's one of the things I like about her. instead of complaining about it...she lost the weight...and criticism stopped. 

this was never an argument about stars accepting criticism. The argument is about them showing a positive image to girls. 

let's say a young girl is reading the posts on her. And she weighs around kareena. Don't you think she will be self conscious too...just based on what people are saying about Kareena. I think so. It's not always about stars you know. Weight is a big issue that American girls have to deal with on single day basis...because of the pressure to look thin/fit. And where does this pressure comes from? It comes from these stars who always look "perfect". And the girls are always pressured to look like them. 

Edited by beboholic - 10 November 2011 at 9:32am

Naach_Basanti

IF-Sizzlerz

Naach_Basanti

Posted: 10 November 2011 at 9:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by beboholic

lol you don't have to worry about kareena. She learned how to handle criticism. I never seen her backlash at the media. That's one of the things I like about her. instead of complaining about it...she lost the weight...and criticism stopped. 

this was never an argument about stars accepting criticism. The argument is about them showing a positive image to girls. 

let's say a young girl is reading the posts on her. And she weighs around kareena. Don't you think she will be self conscious too...just based on what people are saying about Kareena. I think so. It's not always about stars you know. Weight is a big issue that American girls have to deal with on single day basis...because of the pressure to look thin/fit.

So the very young girls you talked about- how would they have got affected by size 0 in the first place? Kareena went all out promoting her being the champion of size 0 in India. What about that?

In response to the bolded line- Quite frankly, kareena is the least of my worries. And when did Kareena handle criticism well? isnt she the same woman who started making stories about Bhansali because he refused to cast her.

Kareena has never reacted well to criticism. When she was size 0 she said that was the best she has looked as it suited her, now when she has put on weight she has trurned it all around to say women look better with weight on.

As i said before if she didnt use her body appearance for promoting herself I would quite seriously not borthered about commenting on her weight gain.

But when she can use it to her benefit, there is nothing wrong in commenting on her thunder thighs.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Sam_dean4EvaYankeesKataliciouspetticoat

Post Reply New Post

Go to top