Yeh Meri Life Hai

Info on Ronit's GRANNY!!aka BAA

ThE_kHan07 thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

FROM BAA TO BEAU: Sudha Shivpuri plays Baa in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
Sudha Shivpuri, who plays Baa on Star Plus' Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, will be moving on to play "girlfriend" in Sony's Yeh Meri Life Hai!

Before you jump to any conclusions, what we really mean is that Shivpuri will be called "girlfriend" by her mischievous grandson Ronit.

Although a lot of women were considered for the role, producer Vipul Shah settled on Shivpuri because her acting abilities fit the range of the role.

Says Shah, "We have signed Sudha to play the head of the Gujral family.
She will be Inder Gujral's mother and will be a lot sterner than her character in Kyunkiโ€ฆ She lives in London for six months and Haridwar for the next six.

Her character will be graceful, dignified and philosophical. She has a great relationship with her grandson โ€” they are more like friends, which is why he refers to her as his girlfriend."

Although Shivpuri doesn't know much about her character yet, she says, "I do know that my character will be a very loving grandmother. Once I get on the sets, I will figure the rest out."

Shivpuri's character of Baa on Kyunkiโ€ฆ will be eased off air in the next three months, because the show will be taking a 20-year age leap. Will Shivpuri miss playing Baa?

"Of course, I will. But I am sure Ekta Kapoor will offer me another exciting role soon. Besides, I still have another three months before I get off air from Kyunkiโ€ฆ," she says.

As for her part in the new serial, Shivpuri is going to be dressed in "designer sarees with an elegant hairdo. She will look natural on the show," says Shah.

Shah stresses that Shivpuri has not been introduced on the show in order to increase viewer ship.

"Just because you pick a popular character from another show and put her on your show does not guarantee you a rise in TRPs. It is pointless comparing her two roles.

Sakshi Tanwar's (Parvati from Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki) entrance on Devi made no difference to Devi's ratings. If a character is strong and well written, it will do well." 

Shooting for the show starts today, while the episodes will be aired on Sony in the coming week.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

No Angel thumbnail

BAA WEL COME TO THE SHOW!!๐Ÿ˜ƒ

PLZ DO SOMETHING TO GET POOJA RONIT REUNITED!!๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›

sheena_22 thumbnail
welcome baa.i hope u reunite pooja and ronit๐Ÿ˜ƒ.
ThE_kHan07 thumbnail
Originally posted by: No Angel

BAA WEL COME TO THE SHOW!!๐Ÿ˜ƒ

PLZ DO SOMETHING TO GET POOJA RONIT REUNITED!!๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›

She BETTER Re-unite Pooja and Ronit if she wants to become our beloved Granny as well Right?๐Ÿ˜‰

Selina thumbnail
I thought she was Ashmit's grandmother??
poison ivy thumbnail
hehe!! dream on ronit fans!! she's ashmit's granma so she'll so totallly unite only ashmit n pooja! hehe!!  sorry ronit fans
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: poison ivy

hehe!! dream on ronit fans!! she's ashmit's granma so she'll so totallly unite only ashmit n pooja! hehe!!  sorry ronit fans

Yeah pooja and ronit !! FORGET IT

~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail

thanx 4 da info

dis "girlfriend" MUST reunite her grandson n hiz true girlfriend..............