Fights over Kumud-Kali makeovers

ThE_kHan07 thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
A few weeks ago, Kkusum's daughter Kumud (Aashka Goradia) got a makeover — a chic new hairstyle and colour job. Now, Mahi's daughter Kali (Rucha Gujarathi) has gone in for a new look too.

The on-screen rivals for Garv's affections (Chetan Hansraj) now seem to become rivals off screen as well. Both went to the same hairstylist, Perri Patel, and now have almost similar styles.

The Kkusum unit is abuzz about Kali aping Kumud. No matter how much Kumud and Kali deny it, this is a sure case of one copying the other. Here is what both have to say…

Kumud (Aashka Goradia)

Aashka Goradia
"I don't want to rake up dirt, but the fact remains that her makeover is similar to mine.

She can't look the way I look and vice versa. I want to be the best in whatever I do. She can do whatever she feels like; it doesn't matter.

It's flattering that people want to copy me. Now that she has gone in for a fringe, it creates a problem. We both can't sport the same look.

I wanted a new look, so I coloured my hair ash blonde. I have been playing Kumud for over a year and the general perception of my dukhayari image was affecting my personal image.

People think I am just like Kumud! I had a keen desire to reinvent myself — to go in for something more hip. But I admit this new style makes Kali look cute.

Kali (Rucha Gujarathi)

Rucha Gujarathi
I was plain fed up with my look and needed a different one. Initially, I had streaked my hair. I always used to like Mahi's (Poonam Narula Goyal) streaked hair.

Considering that she played my mother on screen, I got my hair done at the same place in Bandra. Then I did a shampoo commercial for which I had to have my hair jet black.

Post the ad shoot, I decided to change my hair style. I went to Perri Patel who recommended that I go for a golden blonde hair colour.

In fact, Kkusum's creative director wanted us to change our look for the serial.

So I got my hair coloured. It wasn't done to copy anybody. I am very particular about my hair and I was wary about going for a new look.

I went to Perri because he is the best in the business and I knew that he would do something good. I know Kumud has also had a makeover, but her makeover is different from mine.

Hers is the seedha-saadha Kumud look. Mine is more glamorous. Everyone says it makes me look like a firang.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SnowAngel thumbnail

"FIRANG"? Is that all they wanna look like??? y not like themselves??? WEIRD and kinnda annoying! just BE urself!

mikagurl23 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

i no rite! kumods bangs sorta bothered me at the beginnign, now its fine! but kali's m akes her look like small witch!!!! i swear!

-mika

jean thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
iqbal khan & Neaha bamab 4ever LOVE 😊
KIRAN AFTAB thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
I KNOW THEY R NOT SUPPOSE TO BE ALL FRIENDLY IN KUSUM...BUT DO THEY REALLY BITCH AT EACH OTHER ON THE SET...ITS CRAZY. DI THEY HAVE A SORT OF GUD RELATIONSHIP AS COLLEAGUES