90'sGossip AB Sr's secret passion for Amrita Pg 99 - Page 5

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by guess_wh0

I really want to know more about the

Akshay-Sunny-Dimple-Raveena-Twinkle Saga.

Sadly there's not a lot of print on it. Its the most confusing affair in Bollywood history IMO with different versions. Could make a bollywood movie out of this.

You are not saying that Akki had an affair with Dimple right?😆
and i would love to know what really happened between salman and aish... they would have been the perfecto couple
yeh what exactly happened between sallu n aish??? 

I just know sporadic phases of it...dating first, sallu gets drunk and disturbed, abuses ash...she then calls it quits...

but wht went wrong?
this is unrelated to topic, but just wanted to say isnt it interestinf that when salman and aish broke up shahrukh was friends with salman and aish gave shahrukh the cold shoulder...and when shahrukh was on good terms with aish the whole salman and shahrukh feud erupted...
Originally posted by bamboocopter

^  Prakash Jaju who co-produced the movie Bin Bulaye Barati  

Oh yeah that film...😆
😃

Originally posted by choco786

this is unrelated to topic, but just wanted to say isnt it interestinf that when salman and aish broke up shahrukh was friends with salman and aish gave shahrukh the cold shoulder...and when shahrukh was on good terms with aish the whole salman and shahrukh feud erupted...

Probably didn't like SRK speaking to Aish...😕 but if that was an issue...isnt that bad? I mean Salman cant say who SRK should speak to?🤔
Edited by ruky786 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by Kal El

Sanjay Dutt's history of conquests actually goes all the way back to the early 80s. Yeah I know this thread is about the 90s but I feel we are doing injustice to Sanju Baba's hard work spanning 3 decades if we leave out the 80s. 😆

His first girlfriend was Tina Munim (also his first heroine in Rocky) who dumped him for Rajesh Khanna for the remainder of the 80s.

There were rumours linking him with his co-stars Rati Agnihotri, Kimi Katkar and I think even Amrita Singh.

He later married Richa Sharma. The marriage did not last. She passed away in the mid-90s.

Aside from Madhuri, he also supposedly had an affair with Lisa Ray in the 90s.

BTW Kimi Katkar was also linked with Govinda and Anil Kapoor (who was famously rumoured to have something going on with another one of Sanjay's conquests, Madhuri, much to the annoyance of his wife Sunita).

90's gossip seems the juiciest. On Sanjay ya poor Richa who got real sick. My relatives who live in the states have met her as she resided in NY/NJ area her daughter who now wants to act  lives abroad with her moms side, and Sanjay rarely visits.

Anyhow, these days with the Net and all gossip is churned on a daiy basis and most relations not that intense its more like "Wham Bam Thank You Mam lol "
Originally posted by smartie_pants

I just know sporadic phases of it...dating first, sallu gets drunk and disturbed, abuses ash...she then calls it quits...
but wht went wrong?

It is one of the greatest mysteries of the universe. 🤪

I do remember that Ash claimed that Salman admitted to cheating on her.
Edited by Kal El - 12 years ago
Read this on BollyWhat:

The much-chronicled relationship, born on the sets of the blockbuster hit Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, has served as a focus for the agitations of conservative Hindu politicians (Salman Khan is Muslim; Aishwarya is Hindu). But the majority of the scandal has arisen from Khan's questionable treatment of her. Her black eye at a televised awards ceremony (attained, she claimed, through a fall) provoked whispers of domestic violence.

At the time, Ash firmly dismissed the idea. "For some perverse reason, no one wants me to believe that I fell down the stairs. First the media calls me the woman of the millennium, a woman of substance. Then how can the same media make me out to be such a doormat? I'm a self-respecting woman, I don't take nonsense from anyone. No one tries caveman tactics on me. Even Arnold Schwarzenegger can fall and get hurt, so why should I be any different? If I had been accosted or physically beaten, I'd have reacted violently. If there has been no reaction from my side, it means there's no truth in those stories about me. My silence fanned the rumours. I don't react to mudslinging." (Filmfare, May 2002)

But the whispers grew louder in 2000, when Aish's neighbors reported a late night visit from Salman in which the actor beat on her door for several hours, demanding to be let inside in an aggressive and seemingly intoxicated tone. Aishwarya's own parents then added to the brouhaha by publicly expressing their disapproval of Khan. Recently they filed a complaint with the Mumbai police, alleging that an intoxicated Khan broke windowpanes and furniture in Aishwarya's home, and also made threats against the Rai household. In the complaint, the Rais stated that they "should not be held responsible for any untoward incident involving the actor." (B4U TV, Jan 2002)

The scandal peaked in early 2002, when an agitated Khan stormed onto the sets of Aishwarya' upcoming film with Abhishek Bachchan (Ramesh Sippy's Kuch Na Kaho). He pushed the actress to the ground, prompting intervention from spectators, who demanded he leave. Before departing, Khan backed his car into another automobile -- Aishwarya's, by some reports -- leaving the witnesses shocked and, in the case of our fair heroine, bruised to boot. (B4U TV, Jan 2002)

Finally, after years of denials, Aishwarya admitted to the Times of India in September 2002 that her relationship with Khan had been a troubled one -- even after their official split. "Salman and I broke up last March, but he isn't able to come to terms with it," she told reporter Afsana Ahmed. According to the actress, the couple split after he inadvertantly admitted that he had been unfaithful to her. "After we broke up, he would call me and talk rubbish. He also suspected me of having affairs with my co-stars. I was linked up with everyone, from Abhishekh Bachchan to Shah Rukh Khan. There were times when Salman got physical with me, luckily without leaving any marks. And I would go to work as if nothing had happened."  She also claimed that Khan would physically abuse himself in order to gain her attention. (The Times of India, September 27, 2002)

Originally posted by smartie_pants

but wht went wrong?
This information is as per some magazines that I used to read religiously some years back!

Basically Ash and Salman were very serious about one another...he definitely was and desperately wanted to marry her! But Ash was dithering...mainly because her parents were strictly against the relationship, since Salman is a muslim (and not exactly of a good reputation and character) and Ash did not want to go against them!

She wanted time to think over everything and apparently wanted her parent's to reconcile to the idea of her realtionship with Salman, but he wasnt' ready to wait! According to some reports, he had even arranged for a Nikah Ceremony and actually landed up at Ash's house to take her away, but she refused to get married without her parent's blessings, which was certainly not coming! (This was also the time when he got drunk and killed those poor street dwellers...this guy's karma is certainly not looking good!)

Since Salman wanted to get married and Ash wanted some more time, it started a huge rift between them, wherein he started dating other girls, just to spite her...and when she tried to break off the relationship alltogether, he physically abused her multiple times!

Ash's parents actually seeked police protection against Salman and it was only on Bal Thackrey's intervention, that Salman finally backed out and accepted that he could not marry a girl without her consent!

And since he could not have her, all the love turned into hell's fury and he turned the entire industry against her, with the exceptions of the Bachchan's...and ofcourse, the hapless Vivek Oberoi, whom Ash used as a temporary shield against her ex-boyfriend!

This is the story that I know of...

PS: Apparently Salman was so obsessed with Ash, that he had even tried to kidnap and marry her forcibly😲 but for Bal Thackrey (Who was in power at that time and very influential in Mumbai) who threatened Salman that by harassing Aishwarya, he would be igniting communal tensions, since she was Hindu and people would percieve it as a muslim man harassing a hindu woman, ect. ect! Salim Khan also intervened in the matter and threatened Salman to let go of Aish, when things got out of hand!
Edited by poppy2009 - 12 years ago
Pathetic as it might sound, I really think that Salman did love Aishwarya (probably still does) and that is why he has never married...he has spoken about all his ex-lovers (and he has had many) but never about Ash...

On another note, Aamir and Juhi also supposedly had a mild fling but later turned into best buddies...though that friendship soured when SRK and Juhi became friends!

Aamir also had a short-lived affair with Karishma Kapoor during the filming of Raja Hindustani!

Manisha Koirala and Salman also had something going on, but later they had a huge fight (regarding the film Khamoshi, I think...) and never made up!

Salman had a huge crush on Bhagyashree, but she was already married when Maine Pyar Kiya was being filmed!
Edited by poppy2009 - 12 years ago