Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Films - interesting concept, failed execution.. - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
This content was originally posted by: tvdekha

Veer .Enough said😆

you thought that was a promising movie watching those cringe-worthy trailers   😛

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Love story 2050.

Wtheyyy moment 

Kismat Konnection ..I just hated it

Salaam Namastey : Utter crap

Golmaal returns : watched the whole movie in 10 min... Such bad script
This content was originally posted by: bamboocopter

you thought that was a promising movie watching those cringe-worthy trailers   😛

Dekhi nahi🥳
Saved my precious time
Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
7 Khoon Maaf. There was so much potential here but what a waste.

Raajneeti. Combining the Mahabharata with Godfather and adding some desi political masala (e.g. the Gandhi family) was a brilliant idea IMO. Sadly the end result was boring. Shyam Benegal did a much better job at adapting the epic for modern times in Kalyug.
TintinleMechant thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Kal El

7 Khoon Maaf. There was so much potential here but what a waste.

Raajneeti. Combining the Mahabharata with Godfather and adding some desi political masala (e.g. the Gandhi family) was a brilliant idea IMO. Sadly the end result was boring. Shyam Benegal did a much better job at adapting the epic for modern times in Kalyug.

Completely agree and to that list i'd like to add Raavan, as well as Delhi 6. 
Kal: word about Rajneeti.Such a boring movie...

DhobhiGhaat and Peepli live..Politically correct or whatever. I think I liked it initially cos m so gullible😡 but  honestly when later I thought about it they were not so interesting.

Peepli live was such a waste of time...
I had already watched an episode of Office office long time back which had exactly the same story as Peepli live so was nothing special for me..
👎🏼
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
In recent times...

Delhi 6
Mausam
Break Ke Baad
Love Aaj Kal
Raavan - such gorgeous visuals, edgy soundtrack, a story which lets heaps of character exploration, an intriguing central character, gr8 promos...had mani ratnam worked more on the script and appointed an accomplished actor and NOT AB jnr to play beera, this would have been a gr8 film...the tamil version was flawed too but it was not a disaster because it was Vikram playing beera there...

Saawariya - when i saw the promos,read the synopsis, it all seemed soo interesting...a love story set in a magical nowhere fairytale neon land, 2 newcomers, SLB directing it...i thought it was gonna be amazing...turns out the only amazing thing abt the movie is ranbir...the rest is just 

Love aaj kal - i know the movie did well,but i think its imtiaz ali's weakest work to date...The concept was gr8...the contrasting of love in different eras...the 70s and the present...it was the perfect setup for attempting a love story with a difference...
BUT, cringeworthy hinglish dialogues, deepika, slow pace, W*F scenes,lack of any chemistry between the leads,all screwed it up...the best part of the movie was the 70s...which was actually romantic (the leads shared some chemistry)...the "aaj" part of the movie was pathetic...
gamla_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
My Name is Khan. What a melodrama in second half 😡. It became hard to sit .
_notinuse_ thumbnail
Other than the ones already mentioned;

Saat Maaf Khoon and My Name is Khan. Both couldn't keep my interest.
Edited by PandorasBox - 12 years ago