Dharampatni

   

Does saas like Saroj exist?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

romiosugar1

IF-Sizzlerz

romiosugar1

Joined: 29 March 2008

Posts: 20381

Posted: 07 November 2011 at 1:15pm | IP Logged
Guys, I know this is a fiction show that is written by someone just like us based on her/his imagination, but I have a serious question in my mindLOLLOL Does saas like Saroj exist in real world?  If they do, then how would you [think as a girlWink] overcome with it?Tongue Would you be as calm and peaceful as Kastur and try to entertain/pleasure her? I am so pissed off with this character. She is not entertaining me at all Ouch Why is she so hell bent down on putting Kastur down and sad? She really gets on my last nerve Tongue How come a mother in law is so jealous and insecure  with her daughter in law? Wacko She should be happy for her son man...I am not liking Saroj's character because she is just too much sometime Sleepy
Rest...loved today's episode =) It was so nice to see Mohan talking and comforting Kastur. I was actually thinking that Mohan stops liking Kastur soon after they got married, but for a chance, CV has something in store for viewers as they are showing Mohan as a cute and supportive man yet helpless/jobless young man. He is not confident enough to do or support anything/anyone, but he does make Kastur feel better with his few funny lines LOL


The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

luv.Harshitishivu01anitaraniSiddhi_KhatamKahani_Bidzie_pyar-ishknikita_88

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Does saas like Saroj exist?" in Dharampatni forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Yuks-

IF-Veteran Member

-Yuks-

Joined: 03 June 2006

Posts: 11530

Posted: 07 November 2011 at 1:26pm | IP Logged
This is the age old saas-bahu struggle.

When a new bahu enters the house, a saas feel threatened. Her position is being taken from her. The attention that was once hers is being shared by her bahu. There's some mother in laws who can overcome the feeling and accept it

But many many just cant.
And it can be worse in india where both saas and bahu are together at home, bahu trying to adjust and create a place for hersef and saas trying to cling onto the place she had.

And with this, the women clash.

Im not saying it's always the saas that lashes out. A lot of times it's the bahu, trying to create place forherself, trying to push the saas out of the picture.
And sometimes its the saas.

But the struggle between saas-bahu has been there as long as there were saas-bahus, and will continue.

If I were in Kastur's position, I would also try and win over my saas. Because you have to love with this woman, and she is not called MOTHER-in-law for nothing. It's better that you get along and be happy, that have fights and dramas every day.
But there is only so far that I would go. After a while, if she's not interested, then she's not. It's best to get on with your life.

Yuks

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Aymeemanasi_31KhatamKahaniromiosugar1pyar-ishk

anitarani

IF-Rockerz

anitarani

Joined: 13 June 2010

Posts: 7950

Posted: 07 November 2011 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
Yes Saas like Saroj do exist Unhappy  Had seen one of my neighbours'
go through a terrible time like this few years back.  It only ended
when the saas died.. sad but true.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

adutta94AymeeKhatamKahaniromiosugar1

_Bidzie_

IF-Stunnerz

_Bidzie_

Joined: 27 May 2010

Posts: 32236

Posted: 07 November 2011 at 1:37pm | IP Logged
I have seen saas like Saroj among my relatives, so its nothing surprising for me Dead
But yea, loved Mohan comforting Kastur with his cuteness Embarrassed

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

anitaraniromiosugar1KhatamKahani

romiosugar1

IF-Sizzlerz

romiosugar1

Joined: 29 March 2008

Posts: 20381

Posted: 07 November 2011 at 1:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by queenyuks

This is the age old saas-bahu struggle.

When a new bahu enters the house, a saas feel threatened. Her position is being taken from her. The attention that was once hers is being shared by her bahu. There's some mother in laws who can overcome the feeling and accept it

But many many just cant.
And it can be worse in india where both saas and bahu are together at home, bahu trying to adjust and create a place for hersef and saas trying to cling onto the place she had.

And with this, the women clash.

Im not saying it's always the saas that lashes out. A lot of times it's the bahu, trying to create place forherself, trying to push the saas out of the picture.
And sometimes its the saas.

But the struggle between saas-bahu has been there as long as there were saas-bahus, and will continue.

If I were in Kastur's position, I would also try and win over my saas. Because you have to love with this woman, and she is not called MOTHER-in-law for nothing. It's better that you get along and be happy, that have fights and dramas every day.
But there is only so far that I would go. After a while, if she's not interested, then she's not. It's best to get on with your life.

Yuks
Thanks for taking your time out to reply =) and yeah, I get the fact that saas is insecure because her position is being taken by her newly entered bahu but why does a saas need to feel so threatened? Why not view things differently because the bahu is none other than her own bahu. Bahu is not her (any saas) sauten who is there to snatch her right/positionLOL I see your points but I am not convinced with saas's such attitude. I would never try to pleasure my saas like Kastur does WinkTongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

KhatamKahani

romiosugar1

IF-Sizzlerz

romiosugar1

Joined: 29 March 2008

Posts: 20381

Posted: 07 November 2011 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by anitarani

Yes Saas like Saroj do exist Unhappy  Had seen one of my neighbours'
go through a terrible time like this few years back.  It only ended
when the saas died.. sad but true.

Ufff...I am dead then...I guess, I get the answer of my question and it's plain sad to know that such saas exist. I can understand saas not liking  bahu because she is uneducated and blah blah but why make such a big deal if her own son is happy with his wife ? This is the case with Saroj. She is just too egoistic and has been overlooking her son's happiness!! Confused

Thanks for convincing me! I am not gonna blame Saroj alone then coz it seems there are many more who is like Saroj LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

anitaraniKhatamKahani

romiosugar1

IF-Sizzlerz

romiosugar1

Joined: 29 March 2008

Posts: 20381

Posted: 07 November 2011 at 1:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Bidz_cutegal

I have seen saas like Saroj among my relatives, so its nothing surprising for me Dead
But yea, loved Mohan comforting Kastur with his cuteness Embarrassed


Yup, Mohan is super cute and loved the way he comforted Kastur. I just hope, he will be able to open Saroj's eyes soon! I want Saroj to accept Kastur as her bahu Wink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

KhatamKahani_Bidzie_

KhatamKahani

IF-Sizzlerz

KhatamKahani

Joined: 27 December 2009

Posts: 23508

Posted: 07 November 2011 at 2:31pm | IP Logged
In this case though, i do think the writers gave her enough background to also be sympathetic. She is wrong.  She's gone off.  And she has issues with her "taking her place in Mohan's life."

But at the end of the day, much of it is because of Baapji and his jackassery.  If he were a more decent head of the household, much of this probably would've been avoided.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

romiosugar1

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

 

 

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.