TOI: Rajan Shahi reinvents himself

Posted: 12 years ago
 Rajan Shahi re-invents himself!
Amrita Mulchandani | Nov 7, 2011, 04.43PM IST

Article

Comments

Read more:
Vibha Chibber|sara khan|Sachin Khedekar|Romit Raj|rajan shahi|Mohnish Bahl|Kritika Kamra|Alok Nath
Rajan Shahi
Producer Rajan Shahi on his new avatar.
 Rajan Shahi who is known for launching fresh young faces as protagonists - Bidaai, Yeh Ristha Kya Kehlata Hai has made stars out of Parul Chauhan, Kinshuk Mahajan, Angad Hasija and Sara Khan and at the same time had prominent roles for Alok Nath, Amardeep Jha and Vibha Chibber - who are seen in Colors' Havan and Sony's Kuuch toh Log Kahege.

He started the trend of launching fresh faces combined with the seasoned old actors and once again he is back with senior actors like Mohnish Bahl and Rukhsar in Kuuch toh Log Kahege, Narendra Jha in Havan. The hunt for the Godman was on from a long time and well known actors like Kiran Karmarkar, Nitish Bhardwaj, Arun Govil and Sachin Khedekar were considered for the lead role but Narendra Jha was chosen for the role.

Rajan directed his first independent show Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahi in 1999 and has directed hit shows like Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi, Hamare Tumhare, Rishtey, Kareena Kareena, Reth, Saat Phere, Mamtaa, Millee, Virasaat and Saathi Re. He worked as a series director for Ghar Ki Laxmi Betiyaan and Maayaka. In 2007 he opened his production house Director's Kut and turned producer with Star Plus' Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai followed by Yeh Ristha Kya Kehlata Hai.

Producer Rajan Shahi says, "Seasoned actors as well as young newcomers combination go well with the storytelling I am doing through my new shows. I am very happy to have Alok Nath, Mohnish Bahl Rukhsar and Kritika Kamra in KTLK and Narendra Jha and Shubhangi Atre in Hawan. My previous shows followed similar pattern."

Check out Stars Homepage

Edited by Armu4eva - 12 years ago

Thanks for sharing . I never knew he made so many stars .

Thank u so much Rajan Ji for first giving us Bidaai with the Awesome Foursome and now KTLK with the magical AshNi!! <3
thanks for sharing dear😊
thanks Rajan Ji for giving me my two favorite jodis on the planet...Sangad/Salekh & AshNi <3
Kritika mentions in her Zing interview that Rajan was a major reason for her taking up the project.

Most of his serials have been quite popular
Loved JJKN , and Bidaaii mainly since he  took Apurva for a role which did somewhere change the dimension of the show giving great results.

Its good he takes seasoned actors and old ones and blends with the new one
The shows give a new dimension and viewers get to see a bend of all
thanks for sharing Tanu ...never watched any Rajan Shahi show before this...but loving KTLK😊
thanks for sharing
i admire this guy very much and he is my favorite
he is amazing
i love his shows
i loved bidaai and kareena kareena
and havan and ktlk are really great