Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 06 November 2011 at 6:20pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

RainbowWarriorblue-ice

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Eid Mubarak!" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Posted: 06 November 2011 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
Eid Mubarak everyoneHug

@ POH...what does your siggy meanLOL

Why would anyone want this thread to be closed...on the otherhand i think it will be made sticky...LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

RainbowWarrior

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 06 November 2011 at 10:10pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

blue-ice

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 07 November 2011 at 12:17am | IP Logged
Hug

P1nk

IF-Dazzler

P1nk

Posted: 07 November 2011 at 5:29am | IP Logged
Too late. Belated happy Eid, it was yesterday... HA!

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 07 November 2011 at 7:54am | IP Logged

^^ Its not late! In India Id is being celebrated today !

Edited by angie.4u - 07 November 2011 at 8:07am

blue-ice

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 07 November 2011 at 8:23am | IP Logged

I will never figure the religious dating systems.

Jesus is always born on the 25th, but is always reborn on a Sunday. They need to decide what is more important day or date.

Then with all the Eids. You would figure that since UK, US etc are located on later meridians Eid could be later there. However, sometimes Eid comes first on later meridians and late on earlier meridians. Then again the meridians are based on rotation of axis around the sun and Eid is based on revolution of moon around earth. So the phase of the moon the later meridian sees one night can be the phase of the moon the earlier meridian sees the next night. Is there a  time meridian system drawn out to understand the moon?

But the lunar systems are also loony and have no consistency. For example the Muslims have no qualms that 12 lunar cycles are 10.6 days shorter than the annual solar cycle. They just shortchange themselves on the time. So Eid which once fell in December falls in July now and they have no qualms that they may have to fast 20 hours instead of just 8. Time for them also has run in the future.

Hindus however just can't stand the thought of losing 10 days. So every three years they throw in an extra month. Jeez Wiz! An extra month! Holy Cow! That is like so much better than the measly extra hour when daylight saving ends. The best thing is that extra month is not stolen back again like the extra hour when daylight saving begins. Its like a whole month of extra snoozes and winter never ever has to fall in summer again.

Why Hindus and Muslims are loony for lunar I will never know. Even the Incans and the Mayans knew that the sun is the real deal. Time is based on the sun. Nice little 24 hour cycles. Cycles where Christmas always falls on Christmas and Winter always falls on winter, and a fast designed for winter solstice will never torment us on summer solstice. We will overlook the fact that even the sun gives us the conundrum of the extra day every four years.

Imagine if Hindus and Muslims were on Saturn? Would they follow 60 different calendars? I'm sure 60 different Diwalis and 60 different Goat feasts might be delightful. But can you imagine Ramadan x 60?

Anyway, the goat is happy that its not 60 x goat. I'm sure the goat would like the extra month as well but its not the goats choice to make. If we left it to the goat, the goat would rather be Indian cow. But at least its better off than chicken.  Sometimes I wonder what happens if Eid falls on Thanksgiving day Goat or Turkey or both. But that choice is probably several loony cycles away.

Sorry about the rant. Eid Mubarak folks!

PS: What if Abraham was asked to shave his Goatee? What about No shave November then?

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 07 November 2011 at 8:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

I will never figure the religious dating systems.

There are a lot more things about religions that I cant seem to figure out  !
Festivals are basically to celebrate and enjoy. Who cares whether it falls in winter or summer, LOL
I wouldnt mind having them twice if required- once as per the lunar moth and then later by the solar.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top