Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
thanks.i like rati so much.😊
....vula_kv.... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Fri, 27 Apr 2012 13:57:06 GMT

Women on top!

Zee TV and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) organised a seminar in Mumbai on 'The New Indian Woman', where a series of topics were discussed by eminent woman achievers like Shabana Azmi, Kiran Rao, Nandita Das, and Zoya Akhtar among others.

Also present to lend support was lyricist Javed Akhtar, who said, "Society should be just and fair and people should get equal respect without regard for their caste, gender or religion. If that makes a feminist, then I guess I am one."

Filmmaker Kiran Rao said that professionalism has helped women in cinema. "Women are attracted to spaces that are professional and safe and where they would be judged not as a woman, but by their skills."

The speakers also lauded Zee for its shows which is a strong reflection of India's changing story and is progressive, yet has always had a strong connect to families across.

What's more, popular Zee TV characters like Archana from 'Pavitra Rishta', Radhika from 'Choti Bahu', Krishna from 'Afsar Bitiya', Indira from 'Hitler Didi', Aarti from 'Punarvivaah' are all role models on Indian television.

Source: Aakanksha Naval-Shetye, DNA-Daily News & Analysis