India-Forums

Beginner's luck : Article on Asiya Qazi

-vandy- IF-Stunnerz
-vandy-
-vandy-

Posted: 06 November 2011 at 8:33am | IP Logged
Beginner's luck
Her very first TV serial, Bandini, made actress Aasiya Kazi a household name

Mumbai runs in my bloodstream. I grew up here and I am certain I won't be able to survive anywhere else. I think it's partly because I bagged the lead role in the television serial, Bandini, when I was only 17. I think I knew when I was just 10 that I wanted to be an actress and never leave Mumbai. My parents jokingly called me drama queen.

While I did start my career at an early age, not knowing anyone in the television industry was a roadblock. When I took my resume to producers and top studios, all I had with me was my confidence. Finally, producers of Bandini, the serial scripted by Ekta Kapoor, called me for an audition.

On the day of the audition, I was a bag of nerves. I was intimidated by the number of girls rehearsing outside the audition room. Nonetheless, I gave it my best shot. I was lucky as I got selected for the role. I thought it was my raw appeal and Indian looks that worked for me but later discovered that it was my nervousness that won me the lead role of Santu.

Call it beginner's luck but Bandini has been my biggest break to date. The show ran between 2009 and early 2011 and its success increased my popularity.

Another turning point for me was driving my father's car for the first time. I'd wanted to get my hands on it and drive around aimlessly since I was 15. Memories of the day when I got my driver's license at 18 and drove the car are etched in my mind. It gave me a sense of independence.

Most of my time these days is spent on the sets of my new television show, Dharampatni, where I play the lead character of Kastur Galla.

Though the characters I play are unreal, the industry has taught me a lot. And I think the saying, 'survival of the fittest' holds true for the Indian television industry.

(As told to Varuni Khosla)

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1111106/jsp/graphiti/story_14712611.jsp

The following 25 member(s) liked the above post:

loop118dent4uJamila1sugi1sparkling-startina2mina--Dharampatni---Siddhi--mesmerised--Ramya-dreamy4everNandiniShShahara3anitaranisam123_0_xCIOT_manasi_31romiosugar1Siddhi_leena04...RamonaG....KhatamKahaninikita_88Soaps1pyar-ishk

pyar-ishk IF-Stunnerz
pyar-ishk
pyar-ishk

Posted: 06 November 2011 at 9:45am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing the article

Wow so Ekta give Aasiy the role due to her nervousness LOL
Soaps1 IF-Stunnerz
Soaps1
Soaps1

Posted: 06 November 2011 at 10:01am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing
april10 IF-Rockerz
april10
april10

Posted: 06 November 2011 at 10:11am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing
sam123_0 IF-Rockerz
sam123_0
sam123_0

Posted: 06 November 2011 at 10:24am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing!

...RamonaG.... IF-Sizzlerz
...RamonaG....
...RamonaG....

Posted: 06 November 2011 at 12:12pm | IP Logged
thanks... yes every word she said rings trueEmbarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

leena04

KhatamKahani IF-Sizzlerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 06 November 2011 at 12:16pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing.  It was a good read.  

"Though the characters I play are unreal..." LOL

pyar-ishk

-Ramya- Viewbie
-Ramya-
-Ramya-

Posted: 06 November 2011 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing Smile
she is the one lucky girl i must say

pyar-ishk

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index