Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: anjs

awesome awesome analysis..as always..Diya...always love to read to your post...you always get the emotions of the episode to the fore...

all the episodes were good...and made me cry.esp the last couple of days...

Thanks, geetu! Last week was really intense ... living up to the promise of a mature love story! Made me so sad, yet I still loved it 😳 We must be masochists!
DiyaS thumbnail
Originally posted by: arnshi

I always love your posts.

Thanks so much! 😊
DiyaS thumbnail
Originally posted by: sbk2

Hi Diya!

Wonderfully put! I cried for her too. This is the first time I'm watching Sanaya in a serial. I'm blown away by her superlative performance. Such grace, effortless acting and dazzling screen presence!
Love her!

Hey Shwetha ... Sanaya is really brilliant, isn't she? I just love her too! She is simply AWESOME in emotional scenes ... makes you feel her pain! Much as I love the chulbuli Khushi, this is what I've been waiting for!

@ Bold: Ditto! So true...
Ironically, despite Diwali being  celebrated, this past week on IPK has been dark. Except for Monday and a few moments of Arhi togetherness on Tuesday, the rest of the episodes were just plain dark!

Yep, so true, it was a dark Diwali for sure, especially for poor Khushi. But this is what we wanted, isn't it ... a mature love story ... and the promise of the foruth promo, which is what hooked many people, is finally starting to show ... there will be even more ups and downs for sure. But with the actors performing the way they do, and if the cv's manage to keep if as taut and gripping as they did this week, I'm ready!

The story has progressed, lets' see what's in store for us this week. 

Awesome post as usual Diya πŸ‘
Thanks Shwetha ... always love reading your takes!

.m.a.r.y.s.i.o. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
nice analysis of the weeks episodes yaar...
DiyaS thumbnail
Originally posted by: sizzpepps

Diya, brilliant post! πŸ‘

the king, queen, knight, pawn perspective to the story - very NICE touch! πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ bringing something new to the table...u really are a talent at writing...no wonder i enjoy ur posts so much!
😳 Thank you!!! Ok, stop, you're embarrassing me now!

coming to the show...wow, this week really had it all! began on the softest of notes for ArShi - the diya scene 😳, turned into increased realization of their feelings and almost an unspoken confession😍, only to be stomped over by the most ruthless of heartbreaks! πŸ’”πŸ˜­
It was DRAMA at its best ... from one extreme to the other ... this is no soft gentle love story ... it's hard, dark and passionate ... emotions like love, hate, anger, guilt all run high ... an emotional roller coaster for sure!

it was such an emotional week - i loved n hated the CVs at the same time...loving them for finally living up to their promises n delivering an action-packed intense drama..and hating it for putting ArShi through so much pain!
I knowww ... but no pain, no gain ... and all the best love stories have to have pain and conflict ... but now I know why the initial title was Vaidehi ... Khushi has to go through repeated trials of fire for her love 😭

as for ur addendum...as an audience i agree, i felt the worst for khushi too...one would have to be a stone-heart not to, after wot she's been through in just a span of few hours...arnav n buaji jointly causing havoc in her life...poor girl, must really be wondering, wot harm have i done to deserve so much pain in life...and that too, all at one go...her dad gets hospitalized - though arnav supports her..but as soon as she starts to rely on him - he trashes her off with his unreasonable outrage and if that wasnt enuf, buaji curses her to no end and infact, blames her for her dad's conditions...how can one be heartless, not one but two! and her family really proved to be good-for-nothing...and now she's all alone in this pain 😭😭😭

Yes, she was so ALONE in that last scene on Friday as she wept in her room ... her heart not just broken, but stomped on and crushed into a million pieces ... her family is totally useless, they use her when they need her and don't care about her emotions at all ... especially that useless BUA 😑😑😑

and dont throw chappals at me for saying this, but as a person, i felt bad for Arnav too - am not defending his actions, not one bit - wot he did was absolutely cruel and unreasonable...and he deserves every bit of pain before he can even think of fixing things with khushi...oh yes he does! just that i cud understand the way he reacted...he was already furious at how khushi was trying to act normal despite being so deeply affected and then when she thanked him for returning the purse, it totally ticked him off...not only was she pretending, she was still being her good-self despite all thats transpired b/w them, while he was struggling through it all...to him, if she could act unaffected, he could actually prove to be...and that he did it in the most brutal of ways was only due to his burning hot temper n desperation to prove himself one better than khushi...to tell her in no uncertain way that she held no meaning in his life...and largely, to convince himself of the same...

Oh yes, i understood completely where he was coming from ... he was scared of his emerging emotions, of his weakness as he saw it ... and even more angry that SHE seemed to be the stronger of the two, SHE was in control of herself, was able to smile even ... but at the moment it was all anger and ego ... hiding his fear ... But then Khushi IS the emotionally stronger of the two, I guess .. he still has a lot to learn from her in that respect.
Umm ... did I feel sorry for him? Not much, not yet  πŸ˜›... I think I will during this week when he starts suffering a bit ... looking forward to that actually, πŸ˜‰ ... because an angst ridden ASR is MOST attractive to watch!
πŸ˜›

but whenever you hurt others to save urself - you end up being equally hurt, if not more, even if sub-consciously so! when arnav hurt khushi to redeem ASR, when he hurled all those spiteful words to her, he would have hurt himself as well...cuz no matter how cold or lethal a person he may be, it would kill him from inside that he could be actually be so cruel to somebody, esp someone as innocent as khushi (and he knows she's innocent, all those gold-digger name calling was pure anger n nothing else) ...the arnav that khushi has brought back to life again definitely would and its not an easy feeling to live with..that's wot would make him remorseful n force him to mend his ways...had he done it any other way, had he done it in a more human way, it wouldnt impact him so much so as to think over it...but this would...

yep, and that's when I WILL feel bad for him ... because nothing is worse than losing the one you love, then knowing that you were responsible for it yourself ... and he will feel HER pain as well as his own ... at least, I hope so ... that's what I want to see ... and yes, if she meant any less to him, he would have been kinder, but because she MEANT SO MUCH, his reaction was even harsher ...

cant wait to see how arnav does that cuz this time toh he's to climb up a very steep mountain - this hurt aint gonna be healed with an apology...and its surely gonna be a battle b/w ASR n Arnav...n Arnav needs to prevail, thats the journey...but till then, khushi's gonna have a really difficult time, no doubt and i will hate ASR for putting her thru this..
Well said ... The real battle is between ASR and Arnav ... this  journey is going to be a heck of a ride ... and we all will swing between loving Arnav and hating ASR ...

but i hope khushi comes out a stronger person - ready to face the fight n give it back when reqd! dont want her to turn into one of those weeping willows, that SP heroines normally are...i can see in the promo, not an iota of softness in her eyes, her face very stern...now thats wot i want...a fightback!
You SAID it ... I want to see the fighting Khushi back too ... with her spirit and her determination intact ...

AWESOME take, Shilpi! 
πŸ€—

DiyaS thumbnail
Originally posted by: current

Diya..I loved ..how you put the metaphor of the Dark ing and Queen but Knight has to be something really low..

πŸ˜† Granted ... okay, let's make them a deck of cards and Slimeball Shyamu the Evil Knave ... that better?! Knave with his two brainless Jokers ...  πŸ˜†
Granted the first time he pushed her away //he was reaching the end of his tether and he was letting her off without a second thought..it was total painc..he did not think it through..

but the second time he draws blood and yes it is an ego thing..I don't think it is to get her away from him ..i mean with the engagement he is already unavailable..but this second time it is full on ASR mode..
Nope, I didn't think so either ... he wasn't being cruel to be kind ... he was being full blown ASR ... and he was fighting not only Khushi, but also a re-emerging Arnav ... and the second actually was what scared him witless ... 

Beautifully narrated as usual DIYA..
Thanks Zainu πŸ€—

DiyaS thumbnail
Originally posted by: Zuzana

Diya wonderful; take.. It was like reliving kushis pain again...beautifully done.πŸ‘

this week has been such a roller coaster for arhi and us also.  It ended on a highly gloomy note...kushis pain still very much alive in all our hearts. 

I really hope he doesnt turn out to be a ruthless king.. I want to see how Arnav can repair the damage he has done. He really needs to work hard on that and hopefully again I want to see kushi not to buckle so fast. How much of it can she handle..my heart goes out for her. She needs love as much as he needs it. If not love atleast dont give her pain.

Thanks, Zuzana ... the week was full of ups and downs for sure ... and Friday was the bottom of the pit. Good thing is, from here things can only go up ... we hope!

Nope, Arnav will not be the ruthless king ... at least, I don't think so. The fight will be between Arnav and ASR now ... and Khushi will stand strong beside Arnav to finally vanquish ASR for good. She will go through more pain, and so will he ... But she is tough enough for the ride ...  she always has confronted ASR even without Arnav, and now that Arnav is firmly out of hibernation ( as per the new promo πŸ˜›)  and standing by her side ... Khushi will be fine. 
DiyaS thumbnail
Originally posted by: NaDzGirl

top analysis diya babez πŸ€—

love da titles u have used for each episode, they're top notch!

it was one happening week with full of romance, confusion, tragedy, heart break and more sorrow. u have extracted da soul of each epi beautifully like u always do hon! 

im really sad for my khushi girl. i hope arnav realizes his grave mistake and rectifies it soon before it's too late!

aww, thanks, Nadzie πŸ€—

Action packed week for sure ... it was really a great watch ...

I know ... my sweetheart Khushi  ... I cried for her on Friday ... but am sure she will pick herself up soon, she's a tough girl! Friday was rock bottom for the poor girl for sure ...  but it's Arnav who will have the tougher time now ... he will suffer both her pain and his own ...
Angels11 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: DiyaS

No top scenes this time ... the last week was an example of taut, gripping story telling building up to a shattering climax. If my complaint last week was that it was slow, this week made me eat my words completely. πŸ˜›

Mon 31st Oct ... Setting the Scene

All the characters in place ... Dark King, Queen, Evil Knight and his Pawns, and the innocent  Bystander Rook(ie) caught in the crossfire ... sorry for the mixed analogies ... I've written this in a very emotional state! 😳

Both families start the Diwali celebrations innocently enough, happy in their respective worlds... but the Evil Knight is already lost in thought of his plans. Queen leaves for the Dark King's castle, laden with her humble gifts, her self-respect doesn't allow her to receive without giving, to the best of her ability. And of course a special gift for her King.

Evil Knight taken aback to see the Queen, and he proceeds to exhibit another of his exemplary qualities - rank cowardice ... hides behind his Brainless Pawn no. 1 - his wife and spends the rest of the evening skulking like a scared rat in his bedroom ... great, we don't have to see his face during the festivities. πŸ˜†

Bystander Rookie ticks off her friends for insulting Nani and her traditions, so Nani is all set to accept her with open arms finally.

And the Dark King gazes spellbound at his Queen as she decorates his castle ... no, their castle ... her beauty, her grace, her innocence lighting up his home like the light of a thousand diyas ...

Tues 1st Nov ... Spellbound ... or as the Poet said ... Jadoo Hai Nasha Hai

Give me your hand and I will take you far away with me ... into a world of our own.

The payal he kept meant so much to her? Even more than what it meant to him ... so he will return it ... unwillingly, but he will.

Nani accepts Bystander Rookie as the King's bride ... his victory or his defeat? He never wanted to marry La, and never less so than now. A victory was never so hollow. On the other side, the Queen's heart sinks at the thought of her King belonging to another ... but Bystander Rookie is the chosen one, and her friend moreover ... she is no one, after all.

Skulking Rat Evil Knight has another narrow escape.

Jadoo Hai Nasha Hai ... is it a dream, or is the world really a mirage? Are they really the only two people in the world? Senses heightened, the feel, the thought, the sight of each other the only reality ... The King moves towards her, the Queen flees ... from her own emotions as much as from him ... but tonight there is no escaping him ... he is lost in her spell, the pull between them irresistible.

And when he finds her by the poolside, the King kneels at his Queen's feet ... holds her injured foot gently in his hand ... there will be pain in their love, but they will overcome.

And as he shows her the lost payal, she gazes at him in disbelief.

Wed 2nd Nov Spells Break ... and so do Dreams

Spellbound still, the Dark King offers his Queen his heart ... but she looks back at him confused ... is she really the one? Or is she really no one ...? And just as he gives in to the moment, to the spell binding them ... it breaks ...

And now he's the one doing the running ... horrified, shocked at his own vulnerability, his weakness laid bare in front of her ... he is the DARK KING ... the strong one ... how could he give in to a moment of madness? In that moment he sees only his weakness, his vulnerability, a vulnerability he has striven to conquer for so many years.

His Queen seeks to question him ... she wants answers, answers he is not willing to give ... but she is persistent, so persistent that his control snaps ... no, she is NOT the one ... she is not his Queen ... she is no one ... because the King bows to no one, not even to his own Queen. Bowing means defeat ... and he never loses.

And he shows her that in the most hurtful way he can ... by promising his love and his life to another ... the Bystander Rookie, who stands innocently overjoyed ... she succeeded in capturing the King, or so she thinks ... The Queen watches silently and weeps ... in the silent battle between them, three hearts will be crushed, his, hers and the poor innocent Bystander Rookie's.

Thurs 3rd Nov Masks Back in Place

The Queen dons her smiling mask, the King his dark ASR one. And the innocent Bystander Rookie delights in the congratulations of her smiling Queen, while the King fumes that his Queen can be so unaffected, when he is still trembling from the aftershocks. But first he has to undo the damage his unthinking rage has brought about ... so he makes it clear that the wedding is not happening any time soon.

And then, time bought, he takes off to find his Queen.

Did ASR give way to Arnav at that point? He looked stricken at her tears, even more stricken as he realised what his one unthinking announcement had done ... set into place a chain of events which it would be very difficult to stop. So he did some quick patchwork damage control and set off after Khushi. If she had shown her heartbreak again, things might have been different. But two can play the game ... she is not his Queen for nothing ... if he hides his fear, she hides her pain ... and she is a master at the art of smiling through her hurt. He tries to dislodge her mask, but he can't ... she's stronger than that.

And that angers and infuriates him again ... SHE is strong and HE is weak?

Evil Knight came out of hiding, by the way and went to do some more evil with Brainless Pawn number 2 ... I know, no one is really interested!

Fri 4th Nov Heartbreak all the way

Heartbreaking episode ... ASR retains his Arnav-ness for Khushi's parents, but reverts very quickly to Dark King for Khushi.

Question . why did he come back to give her purse? Was it to ensure that she was all right, after his last glimpse of her crying?

Was it because the purse reminded him how he had kept her payal as a keepsake, a sign of his own weakness, so he had to ensure it didn't happen again? And hence his deliberate cruelty to Khushi, to crush every last vestige of emotion in her eyes, because that emotion was reflected in his heart ... and he didn't want to see it, feel it?

Or was it, as some people have suggested, being cruel to be kind, so make her think badly of him so that she would get over him easily?

I personally think it was the second ... because he was cruel in the extreme. If he had to make her get over him, there were kinder ways of doing it, and Arnav IS kind to Khushi. But this was not Arnav, this was ASR ... and he is not kind, he is not gentle, he does not care for others, especially not for gold-digging young girls of no background. And most importantly, ASR is not vulnerable to their pain ... but Arnav is.

ASR is scared of this re-emerging vulnerable Arnav. He has to crush him, make sure Arnav never returns.

So ASR crushes Khushi ...the embodiment of what Arnav is, what ASR once was.

Brainless Pawn no. 2 weeps and wails (skip that bit) and poor Khushi finally gives in. Evil Knight rejoices in the success of his plan, but he doesn't realise that his plan would never have worked if ASR has not already killed Khushi's spirit.

Addendum

I felt bad for Lavanya ... the innocent bystander Rookie. Her only fault is that she was there, she was convenient. She is caught in the crossfire, in this battle between two strong-willed determined lovers, and she doesn't have a clue of what is happening around her pretty (but empty) little head. She is soon going to outlive her usefulness and will be cast aside. For her sake, I hope she gets a graceful exit. I would like best for her to realise herself what is happening between Arnav and Khushi, realise that she is not the one for Arnav, and never will be, and leave with her head held high. I hope also that she becomes a support for Khushi in the near future, because she showed that she felt more empathy for Khushi and her feelings, than she did for Arnav. Once she realises that she does not love Arnav and he does not love her, she should leave the field.

I felt bad for Arnav ... the Dark King ... He is scared stiff  ... of old wounds opening, of becoming vulnerable to pain, to hurt again ... and I felt sorry for him for driving away with his own words, the one person who can be his salvation, who can absorb his pain, his hurt, his fears and soothe them. The person who is strong enough to be his strength, gentle enough to be his weakness, and constant enough to do both.

I felt worst for Khushi ... the Queen. Her realisation of love and her realisation of its loss came together, barely a heartbeat apart, and in the most cruel way possible. She would have withstood the taunts and pressure from Buaji, even the whispers of the neighbours, because she'd been through it all ... she was adopted, an orphan, she knew it, and so did everyone else. She belonged to no one, she was there on sufferance, a debt, a burden. Her every thought, every action was geared towards unconsciously repaying that debt, to trying to belong, to trying to do so much for her second family that they needed her, depended on her ... because if they needed her, they wouldn't throw her out, would they? But just as she began to dream of having someone of her own, of actually belonging to someone, her dream was crushed. Brutally.

I wept for Khushi today. 😭😭😭

Nice synopsis but i w'd still like 2 believe that Arnav was cruel to her since he has understood that she loves him & wants her to hate him. Hence the ASR mask. Coz everytime he sees her tears he reacts immediately but on Friday he fled frm her house then braked his car abruptly remembered her tears & closed his eyes in pain. Or may b u r right & its just wistful thinking on my side!
DiyaS thumbnail
Originally posted by: appy2011

loved it πŸ‘πŸΌ you are awesome Diya...and yes, I felt so bad for all the three you mention..the most for Kushi...and Sanaya was so good at emoting the sadness of Kushi..it made it feel so real...she is just too good...

the CVs seem to be doing a good job at keeping the story on track...I just hope the torturing shymoo track end soon...it is very hard to watch the scenes when he is toying with babuji 😑

thanks for the PM 😊
πŸ€—appy

Thanks appy πŸ€—  it was a good week ... or a bad week, depends on which way you look at it πŸ˜‰ ... the story finally moved the way we were expecting it to ... Sanaya was simply fabulous, of course ... her forte is emotional scenes, even though she keeps saying how much she hates crying πŸ˜†

now we'll have some engagement drama for the next week or so I guess, from the SBS ... I am sure the shyam track HAS to end with the next ME ... how long can they keep showing the same Shyamoo torturing Babuji scenes ... they're getting so repetitive! I just wish Babuji would get his faculties back, but be smart enough this time to keep quiet till he can expose Shyam in full public, that would be REALLY fun to watch ... and something different!