India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

PURAB VS ARMAAN

pj04 Goldie
pj04
pj04

Posted: 05 March 2005 at 4:09pm | IP Logged

first of all guys it is very disheartening to see everyone at square one still fighting over who should get jassi ,armaan or purab.....let us get off thier case and let the directors decide .....

now on a second note here are a few things/objections/questions... raised in other topics in the forum

1) jassi loved purab?

jassi's character seems to be very confused on the issue. while she seemed to treasure purab and he seemed to have a place higher than even her childhood friend nandu....she never went the extra mile that is accorded to a fiance or a loved one(she did it even without being asked for armaan). in plain words she held herself back with purab while she went overboard when it came to armaan (interpret it as you likeConfused)

2) jassi agreed to marry purab under duress

while it might seem so ....jassi agreed of her own sweet will(why i still have to figure that out) since everyone had got off her case by then. she seemed very happy about her impending nupitals but work and armaan still ruled her life. call her naive or simply stupid or that her priorities were set in a wrong order.......the fact remains that she never accorded purab the priority or the importance , he deserved. the fact that is even more surprising is that her parents or her friends inspite of being aware of this and even worrying about it never warned her about the oversight. 

3) purab deserves jassi

actually purab deserves better than jassi and jassi deserves better than armaan ....but this is not a perfect world . it makes no sense in marrying a person whose heart is not in the marraige. true that thier relationship had a lot of potential but both of them still needed to work on it and jassi did not seem particularly interested in it.

4) blf and jjkn are the same hence jjkn's sucess rate should be same

while the essense of the story is same but the characters have undergone a transformation. firstly the addition of character of purab more or less turned all the other characters very inconsistent. i happened to see blf recently....my heart went out to betty who was talented,lonely,strong, so much in love, so badly used all bcoz of her handicap(ugliness) though she tried to work on it.....in comparison jassi looks confused ,egoist, stubborn , manipulative and have double standards. more than once i have felt she deserves what armaan meted her.similarily armaan seems like a chameleon and stupid while armando came across as a rake with golden heart, tons of problems and manipulative friends.i do not sympathisize with marcia but i do so with mallika and aryan(he  is not as evil as in the original...actually he seems to be the only person with brains along with purab on the entire show)

5)true love is worth it all

this is an issue of debate and will remain so......(think of the umpeeth times you have clashed with your parents on this issue)unfortuantely there is  no right answer to it. it is all an matter of how much faith you put on a feeling. circumstances, timing, people involved , cultural and social stances all play a very important role in it. i happened to see veer zaara recently...while everybody was ooohing and aaahing over the sacrifice for love...i kept thinking what a waste.....of 22 yrs of two lives  with immense potential....was it really worth it???? to me not ...to some maybe.....same thing applies to jjkn...while i think armaan does not deserve forgiveness...lot of people disagree with me(maybe they are right...who knows). i think purab is a better person and better choice for jassi( i might just be off the mark). in the end the writer's point of view wins . pro purab fans support one idealogy while pro armaan the other...however both idealogies are right and have managed to survive since the beginning of the time.

in the end let us not fight and have a bit of tolerance for the opposing idealogy.....

vishakha Goldie
vishakha
vishakha

Posted: 05 March 2005 at 4:22pm | IP Logged
My only point here is SONY did not come up with this story and this is not their brains.
This beautiful love story is created by Fernando Sony simply tried to adapt it to suite indian television and they goofed up.
They made mistake by introducing this purab character last year. Armaans' character was sidelined . Purab/rohan's entry was meaningless. They deviated. They made a mistake. Imagine you take a beatiful story like 'Gone with the Wind' and introduce or move characters the way you want. It's not going to work. Same thing happened here.
They tried to bring things back. Good attempt. If you remeber last couple of weeks all episodes were scene to scene copy of BLF and it was such a treat.
And now with purab re-entering the scene, they have opened the same can of worms yet one more time.
pj04 Goldie
pj04
pj04

Posted: 05 March 2005 at 4:32pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by vishakha

My only point here is SONY did not come up with this story and this is not their brains.
This beautiful love story is created by Fernando Sony simply tried to adapt it to suite indian television and they goofed up.
They made mistake by introducing this purab character last year. Armaans' character was sidelined . Purab/rohan's entry was meaningless. They deviated. They made a mistake. Imagine you take a beatiful story like 'Gone with the Wind' and introduce or move characters the way you want. It's not going to work. Same thing happened here.
They tried to bring things back. Good attempt. If you remeber last couple of weeks all episodes were scene to scene copy of BLF and it was such a treat.
And now with purab re-entering the scene, they have opened the same can of worms yet one more time.

well said vishakha.....but instead of fighting amongst outselves...let sony take the blame for it and pay for the mistake......the deviation has cost the channel the credibility of the story....let us wait and see if they can make ammends

vishakha Goldie
vishakha
vishakha

Posted: 05 March 2005 at 4:44pm | IP Logged
Agree with you. There is no point in fighting amonst ourselves. I think SONY is behaving like true politicians. Ek chingari feik dee hai unhone hamare beech (purab naam ki - no offence but he is used as pawn in this game). Hamare beech darar khadi karna chahte hai voh
ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 06 March 2005 at 9:28am | IP Logged
well said pj ans vishakha......ClapClapClapcompletely agree
SPECIAL Goldie
SPECIAL
SPECIAL

Posted: 06 March 2005 at 9:47am | IP Logged

totally, i agree with u vishakha, pj04, and ides.

now, there is only one problem

trying to get the EVERYONE to understand this

anitha.b IF-Dazzler
anitha.b
anitha.b

Posted: 06 March 2005 at 10:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SPECIAL

totally, i agree with u vishakha, pj04, and ides.

now, there is only one problem

trying to get the EVERYONE to understand this

Very well said SPECIAL..

I complety agree with what you said...

strawberry Senior Member
strawberry
strawberry

Posted: 06 March 2005 at 10:43am | IP Logged
I totally agree with ur views. however it is highly subjective whether the original BLF is a beautiful creation or not. Most indian audiences are not aware that jjkn is a copy of blf. the ppl who frequent these forums only constitute 1-2% of the viewrs,however unlikely it might seem to most of us. All ppl know is that there is a serial called jjkn on sony in which there are 3 integral char who constitute the story. jassi,armaan and purab. the story of jjkn has diverted so much from the original now that it will be impossible to take it back to its original track. they tried to do it before and it has obviously not worked.

Go to top