Page 2 of 11

Page 1
Page   of 11
Page 3 Page 11

angelirebelli

IF-Dazzler

angelirebelli

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 3:42am | IP Logged

This isnt my fav quote but something I went back to while I was reading the book...

"What is past is past. never go back. Not for excuses. Not for justification, not for happiness. You are what you are, the world is what it is." 

--  The Last Don,Mario Puzo 

" It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only."

--  A Tale of two Cities, Charles Dickens

Edited by angelirebelli - 12 February 2012 at 5:14am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

alexxaangels_eyesshine123

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "~ * Book Quotes * ~ (Page 2)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-GredForge-

IF-Rockerz

-GredForge-

Posted: 06 January 2012 at 7:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JakeR

I cannot express it; but surely you and everybody have a notion that there is, or should be an existence of yours beyond you. What were the use of creation if I were entirely contained here? My great miseries in this world have been Heathcliff's miseries, and I watched and felt each from the beginning; my great thought in living is himself. If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger; I should not seem a part of it. My love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods. Time will change it, I'm well aware, as winter changes the trees ' my love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath ' a source of little visible delight, but necessary. Nelly, I am Heathcliff ' he's always, always in my mind ' not as a pleasure, any more than I am always a pleasure to myself ' but as my own being ' so, don't talk of our separation again ' it is impracticable....Catherine Earnshaw 

Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living! You said I killed you ' haunt me, then! The murdered do haunt their murderers. I believe ' I know that ghosts have wandered on earth. Be with me always ' take any form ' drive me mad! Only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!...Heathcliff

This Quote is from Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights... Love it !!!
omg~!!! i soo love wuthering heights! and this quote is just fab!<3

SagaBerg

SagaBerg

Posted: 31 January 2012 at 9:24am | IP Logged
My favorite book quote is also from Wuthering Heights, which incidentally is also one of my favorite books. :)

Two words would comprehend my future  death and hell: existence, after losing her, would be hell.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

angelirebellishine123

atikna

IF-Dazzler

atikna

Posted: 19 February 2012 at 6:44am | IP Logged
" love is never having to say you're sorry"

quote from -The love story

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

alexxaangelirebelli

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 27 March 2012 at 1:08am | IP Logged
Now, I am like this huge Potterhead, so I have like a list of favorite quotes from the books. Here's one for starters:

It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. 

Edited by Savage - 27 March 2012 at 1:09am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

tvbuff74LavenderCrystalShantanuSoulmuzzy_skshine123angelirebelliangels_eyesAhlaam5safeplacetolandOnlyHope

purple.star

Goldie

purple.star

Posted: 28 April 2012 at 5:35pm | IP Logged
Our love is like the wind, I cant see it but I can feel it ~ A walk to remember.
When you really want something, the whole universe conspires in helping you to achieve it. ~ The Alchemist

The quotes may not be accurate, wrote it off the top of my head!! Embarrassed

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

charmi89Rain_LoverSripriya_5shine123Girl-LawsworthOnlyHope

charmi89

charmi89

Posted: 29 April 2012 at 10:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by breezy

Why waste time in discovering truth, when one can so easily make it ... 

Awesome quote..which book?

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 30 April 2012 at 12:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by charmi89

Originally posted by breezy

Why waste time in discovering truth, when one can so easily make it ... 

Awesome quote..which book?

The Whole Truth - David Baldacci

Post Reply New Post

Go to top