~ * Book Quotes * ~ - Page 3

Posted: 11 years ago
"Dusk, I realized then, is just an illusion, because the sun is either above the horizon or below it. And that means that day and night are linked in a way that few things are; there cannot be one without the other, yet they cannot exist at the same time. How would it feel, I remember wondering, to be always together, yet forever apart?" (The Notebook)

"I could easily forgive his pride, if he had not mortified mine." (Pride and Prejudice)

"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of merit or sense." (Pride and Prejudice)

And I have a whole bunch listed on my FB. Ctrl+V some other time!

Edited by attitude.ash - 11 years ago
"Woman? Is that meant to insult me? I'd return the slap, if I took you for a man."

"A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge."

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies," said Jojen. "The man who never reads lives only one."

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

"Bran thought about it. 'Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?'
'That is the only time a man can be brave,' his father told him."

"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword. If you would take a man's life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die."

"What is honor compared to a woman's love? What is duty against the feel of a newborn son in your arms . . . or the memory of a brother's smile? Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy."

"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

"Life is not a song, sweetling.
Someday you may learn that, to your sorrow."

"The things we love destroy us every time, lad. Remember that."

"Love is poison. A sweet poison, yes, but it will kill you all the same."

"Give me honorable enemies rather than ambitious ones, and I'll sleep more easily by night."

"Some old wounds never truly heal, and bleed again at the slightest word."

"There's no shame in fear, my father told me, what matters is how we face it."

"The world was full of cravens who pretended to be heroes; it took a queer sort of courage to admit to cowardice..."

"A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward."

"A true man does what he will, not what he must."
-from A Song of Ice and Fire.
Edited by Victarion - 11 years ago
"He's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
- Wuthering Heights

If he loved you with all the power of his soul for a whole lifetime, he couldn't love you as much as I do in a single day. ~ Heathcliff 
(This one is from the movie but Boy! I effin' love the quote)

Macbeth Overload ðŸ˜†

# "Stars, hide your fires; Let not light see my black and deep desires."

# "What's done can't be undone."

# "Double, double, toil and trouble;
    Fire burn, and cauldron bubble!"

"What is it with science these days? Everyone is so quick to believe in it, in all these new scientific discoveries, new pills for this, new pills for that. Get thinner, grow hair, yada, yada, yada, but when it requires a little faith in something you all go crazy.' He shook his head, 'If miracles had chemical equations then everyone would believe."

^Cecelia Ahern,The Gift😳

"To new beginnings. To the pursuit of...somethingness."

^Cecelia Ahern,Thanks for the memories

"It's not the face, but the expressions on it. It's not the voice, but what you say. It's not how you look in that body, but the thing you do with it. You are beautiful."

? Stephenie Meyer, The Host

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."
 - Tyrion Lannister (A game of thrones)

being the potterhead i am, 

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live"

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." 

"Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love."

"That which Voldemort does not value, he takes no trouble to comprehend. Of house-elves and childrens tales, of love, loyalty, and innocence, Voldemort knows and understands nothing. Nothing. That they all have a power beyond his own, a power beyond the reach of any magic, is a truth he has never grasped."

- Albus Dumbledore/J.K Rowling.

'I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do.' - Atticus Finch. - to kill a mocking bird.

and 

What I need is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again - Mockingjay/Suzanne Collins

this one is just stuck in my head
" like a compass that always points north, a man's accusing finger always finds a woman."
--A Thousand Splendid Suns
"As the gods will it. Bring on your storm, my lord - and recall, if you do, the name of this castle". -Courtnay Penrose at Storm's End.

"Tell her that these slaves have been standing here for a day and a night, with no food nor water. Tell her that they will stand until they drop if I should command it, and when nine hundred and ninety-nine have collapsed to die upon the bricks, the last will stand there still, and never move until his own death claims him. Such is their courage. Tell her that." -Kraznys mo Nakloz, when detailing the Unsullieds' training.

"Tell Father I have gone to make him proud."
"He was always proud of you, Edmure. And he loves you fiercely. Believe that."
"I mean to give him a better reason than mere birth."
"We all have reasons to run away. Most of us find the strength to stay."
-Say You're Sorry by Michael Robotham