Book Talk

A Tree Grows In Brooklyn

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

miss_bennet

IF-Rockerz

miss_bennet

Posted: 05 November 2011 at 3:42pm | IP Logged
Anyone who has read  "A Tree Grows In Brooklyn" by Betty Smith?

I finished this book some days back, and it was so beautiful, so beautifulStar that I couldn't get it out of my head at all, and I am not able to start a new book because of that...LOL

So what i did to get it out was, I wrote a review on it yday, but it still hasn't left me... EmbarrassedLOLSo I thought if I just spread the word about it a little, i would finally be able to get it off my head and will be finally able to start another book... Big smile

So, this is set in the pre-World War America and tells the story of a young adolescent Francie Nolan, and her growing up years in the poor neighbourhood of Williamsburg in Brooklyn... It is such a beautiful novel, the descriptions and characters are so beautifully described that u cannot help loving them despite their many flaws... And some really wonderful quotes in it... one of them in my signature now...
It is a kind of book that makes u feel enriched and warm... loved it so much...Embarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Mona_Maurya

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A Tree Grows In Brooklyn" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mona_Maurya

Goldie

Mona_Maurya

Posted: 14 November 2011 at 10:05am | IP Logged
Could u plzz tell which genre this novel belong & a lil bit review so i cn hv idea abt it a bit...

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.