Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain

Jeevika's love for manvi: follows theme of show? (Page 10)

Poll Question: Read the question below:P it won't fit here:P

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
21 [39.62%]
32 [60.38%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 10 of 12

*Reemz*

IF-Stunnerz

*Reemz*

Posted: 06 November 2011 at 2:48am | IP Logged
At Jeevika-Viren's engagement when Viren was making the most beautiful promises, you could see Jeevika giving concerned looks to Manvi half the time. I mean it's your engagement right? Your full concentration should be on the fiance and those new found feelings but that's not the case for Jeevika. 

That scene is actually a favourite because it went to show that it's not just boyfriends or husbands who can make lifelong promises. Manvi already thinks of Jeevika's happiness before hers, she is her life etc. All those promises Viren made to Jeevika had already been made (not always in words) by Manvi so it was a very tender moment.

Sorry had to make another point after seeing the last few posts :p

Edited by *Reemz* - 06 November 2011 at 2:49am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sruthi_mrev4evaSid4TeamCanada*Eva*DancingdollBazingaa

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Jeevika's love for manvi: follows theme of show? (Page 10)" in Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

rev4eva

IF-Dazzler

rev4eva

Posted: 06 November 2011 at 10:35am | IP Logged

It was nice to read different analysis of both the character of Jeevika & Manvi, I would like to share my POV.  Jeevika is introvert while Manvi is extrovert in nature. Jeevika seems like someone who is very quiet in nature who hardly even speaks for herself unless there is ultimate need for it. She didn't even defend herself when Viren first confronted her about Dr Manan, she only voiced herself when she really felt she it was really needed. Meanwhile Manvi is vocal and expresses her love outwardly for Jeevika and would go any extend for her sister which may not be the best for everyone.  Jeevika's subtle love for Manvi can be felt during the Missori trip when Jeevika sang the song for Manvi which may seem like it was intended for Viren but actually it was meant for Manvi. It surprised me that Viren realized it. The Roka ceremony when the sisters shared a silent yet emotional moment only among themselves in the midst of so many ppl. I hope the CV's will drive the story to ensure the sisterly bond is further developed as the story moves on and the character sketches of Jeevika & Manvi is not jeopardize for TRP rise. I would say Jeevika & Manvi are like yin & yang; though they seem opposing in their character, they are not in superior or inferior in how they express their sisterly love. They are merely two aspects of a single reality, Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sruthi_m*Eva*Bazingaa*Reemz*

Bazingaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Bazingaa

Posted: 06 November 2011 at 11:20am | IP Logged
I don't agree with your post at all at all, sorry. Embarrassed I can see where you're coming from but that's not true, not IMO anyway. Embarrassed

I'm on my ipod so can't express all my points here at the mo but you need to understand Jeevika's character better than that, methinks.  Embarrassed 
I haven't read through all the 10 pages but I did read page 1 and 10(the last page) and I second the thoughts of *Reemz* and *rev4eva*. Read their posts and you might realise that their is equal sincerity and love from both the sisters

I think you haven't completely understood Jeevika's character. Just because she's not vocal in expressing her love doesn't mean there isn't the same amount of love from her side, this was actually quite hurting lol, not because I like Jeevika but because that's how it is between me and my sister too! She's much more vocal than me (ok so none of us really express our love to each other like Jeevika-Manvi but if we ever did, I can bet it'll be my sister who'll be vocal) but that doesn't mean I don't lover her, I love her equally!

So yeah, I don't agree with you on this at all. Besides, the show has a lot more to show, it has only been a month, we can't judge everyone so soon. JeeVi marriage will be in the next two weeks I think and I'm pretty sure there'll be a lot of sadness from Jeevika's side, in fact I feel Jeevika will be even more upset than Manvi, since she's the one leaving. I do't know if you have seen the ghat promo where Jeevika says it's her who won't be able to live without Manvi but that tells a lot. Embarrassed Let's give the show some time. :)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sruthi_m*Eva**Reemz*

*Reemz*

IF-Stunnerz

*Reemz*

Posted: 06 November 2011 at 11:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rev4eva

It was nice to read different analysis of both the character of Jeevika & Manvi, I would like to share my POV.  Jeevika is introvert while Manvi is extrovert in nature. Jeevika seems like someone who is very quiet in nature who hardly even speaks for herself unless there is ultimate need for it. She didn't even defend herself when Viren first confronted her about Dr Manan, she only voiced herself when she really felt she it was really needed. Meanwhile Manvi is vocal and expresses her love outwardly for Jeevika and would go any extend for her sister which may not be the best for everyone.  Jeevika's subtle love for Manvi can be felt during the Missori trip when Jeevika sang the song for Manvi which may seem like it was intended for Viren but actually it was meant for Manvi. It surprised me that Viren realized it. The Roka ceremony when the sisters shared a silent yet emotional moment only among themselves in the midst of so many ppl. I hope the CV's will drive the story to ensure the sisterly bond is further developed as the story moves on and the character sketches of Jeevika & Manvi is not jeopardize for TRP rise. I would say Jeevika & Manvi are like yin & yang; though they seem opposing in their character, they are not in superior or inferior in how they express their sisterly love. They are merely two aspects of a single reality, Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain

Like the yin-yang comparision. I think the whole coin toss symbolises how they are actually two sides of the same coin. They maybe like heads and tails personality wise but they are in fact one entity! They're the 'opposites' in the show while they are very similar to their romantic partners.

TRPs will largely depend on their relationship because the general audience will connect to their bond more than anything else.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sruthi_m*Eva*Bazingaa

soniya_lovesu

soniya_lovesu

Posted: 06 November 2011 at 11:40am | IP Logged
well, i agree tht the show is currently revolve around jeevika and tht PROMISE isnt kept bt have u ever thought tht maybe, maanvi herself doesnt want the promise to be kept???? do u think she would want her sister to remain with her fr whole her life? would she want jeevika to suffer during the time wen she herself will enjoy the sisterly love??? NO!!! cause maanvi knows tht jeevika did alot for maanvi... Both were just kids wen their parents left them, maanvi was very young and so was jeevika but jeevika took care of her like a mother and now wen its tym fr maanvi to do sth fr jeevika, do u think she will get selffish? NO!!!
And as far as the storyline is concern, it doesnt say both girls have to be together to form the bond or remain unmarried... The show is indeed about the sisterhood but the CV's are trying to set up the plot first.. let them do that and then i'm sure we'll get to see wht the show is really abt..Smile

Okay, sorry if i offended any1 here bt thts wht i think..Cry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sruthi_m

The_May_Rose

IF-Sizzlerz

The_May_Rose

Posted: 06 November 2011 at 11:52am | IP Logged
Hello SidruHug...I tried...Honestly I triedLOL...But your post confused me, even after reading it twiceLOL...

If I say Manvi love is more...Which option should I choose?Embarrassed

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

xxXSejalXxxDancingdoll

moonlight3887

Groupbie

moonlight3887

Posted: 06 November 2011 at 12:02pm | IP Logged

I agree with you that we dint get to see that special bond thing from Jeevika's side,,,

But don't you think jeevika's character is of that sort...? shes the responsible , mature one who not only cares for her crazy sister but also beeji cus according to her beeji has done everything for these two as they're orphans...
Jeevika believes that life brings changes along with it and they have to be faced
Also, she has pointed this matter out to Viren and he assured her that even after getting married everything will be the same b/w them. Becoz she is mature enough she has understood this unlike Maanvi who created a BIG fuss and tried to break the rishta before it was actually finalised...
So i guess its about their different characters and maturity level but obv that doesnt have to do much about sister love but I guess when Jeevika is getting married we might get to see what we want to see :)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sruthi_msoniya_lovesu

Sid4TeamCanada

IF-Sizzlerz

Sid4TeamCanada

Posted: 06 November 2011 at 7:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Interesting post, Sidra and nice discussion by everyone :-)

I agree with whoever made the point that the sisters have very different ways of expressing their love...and love isn't really something that should be kept account of...that you did this much for me, I did that much for you...from whatever little I've seen of the show...Jeevika seems to be a more sensitive soul who has more responsibilities on her shoulders...she is more a mother to Maanvi than a sister so she has to take responsibility because Maanvi's impulsiveness while good-intentioned, usually lands her in trouble...and I guess there are some plot points left to unfold...like Maanvi possibly having some kind of illness...

Jeevika-Viren are being shown as an ideal/idealistic couple at this point and Maanvi is the major unpredictable factor in their lives...what she does, the situations her actions create...Jeevika has to handle the fallout usually...at this point she seems to be torn b/w being happy about her newfound feelings for Viren and basking in the glow of that romance and on the other end heartbreak at having to go away from Maanvi.

Heyyy anuuu! Longgg time!! :D how r u?? :D ..u do remember mee right?? :p
I see ur point here, and I guess here the main point is how expressive the two r..with jeevika being the less expressive one...lets see what next week brings!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AreYaar

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.