Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain
Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain

India-Forums

Jeevika's love for manvi: follows theme of show?

Poll Question: Read the question below:P it won't fit here:P

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
21 [39.62%]
32 [60.38%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Sid4TeamCanada IF-Sizzlerz
Sid4TeamCanada
Sid4TeamCanada

Posted: 04 November 2011 at 11:03am | IP Logged
i'll ask everyone to skim through this post before answering the poll.
I know jeevika fans may not like what i am saying. But this is solely my opinion, and i have valid reason for having this. and i want to get the view of everyone here, which is why the poll. hope u guys see where i am coming from, because when i started watching the show, it was the theme of the show that attracted me.
so it is a dismay to see that cv's ka zyada zor jeevika ki love life pe hai. i mean, yes, we all want the love story to be there. but, wud've liked to see more of the theme as well. Smile

so...
wasn't jeevika's world supposed to revolve around manvi? just like manvi's revolved around jeevika?
that is how we were introduced to the show right. all the promos abt jeevika promising manvi "main tujhe kabhi chhor ke nahi jaungi".
then the very first episode itself we saw her AGAIN making that promise
now that her rishta is fixed, why hasn't that promise been brought up EVEN ONCE by jeevika?
she IS going to be leaving manvi, yet i really can't feeel THAT IMMENSE level of DEPRESSION that i had expected to feel from jeevika's end, on having to leave manvi.
i have more than once brought this point up, on one thread or the other, but i feel it's about time to create a topic on this. because i REALLY am confused.
right now, what i see from jeevika, we see from EVERY OTHER SISTER, in EVERY OTHER DRAMA.
but wasn't this one supposed to have that SPECIAL bond b/w the sisters?
where both the sisters r each other's worlds.
manvi told virat's mom that jeevika can do anything for her.
to be very honest, the ONLY "anything" type of thing that jeevika has done is stop beeji from scolding manvi on karva chauth's night. and later on she started crying abt having hurt beeji. Ouch like , WTH. from the very first episode, if i didn't knwo the theme of the show, i wud've said that the theme was how much jeevika loves her beeji, and her family. but i wud'nt have said that the theme is a UNIQUE SISTER BOND.
manvi though, from the very start, all of her words, all of her actions, has been about jeevika. she keepss sitting alone talking to god and her parents ABOUT JEEVIKA. NUMEROUS times we have seen this. she talks to virat of ONLY JEEVIKA. she talks to everyone abt jeevika only. like, from manvi's character, it is EVIDENT that her world revolved around jeevika. that she can't see ANYONE but jeevika.
but, be REALLY honest here, have u felt that SAME level of feeling from jeevika's end?? because all i have seen jeevika doign since episode 1 is scolding manvi... on not pissing off beeji. we always see her warning manvi not to mess up things that cud break her marriage, because that wud hurt BEEJI. i m not saying that is wrong. but for me, that does not bring out the sister bond.
being sad now and then, ek do baar aansu baha dene (that too only when she sees manvi being sad, or when someone else brings up manvi - like viren) - that is wht every sister does. but jeevika was supposed to be this "mother-like" figure for manvi na? a mother is supposed to be devastated at having to leave her kid. have we seen that level of devastations from jeevika's end? in one word, nope.
so, am i wrong to feel that LACK of sisterly bond from jeevika's end? the bond that this show was supposed to be about? i haven't until now seen jeevika doing ANYTHIGN SPECIAL for manvi. nothing that shud've made maanvi say "meri didi mere liye kuch bhi kar sakti hai".
abhi tak, infact, if i have seen jeevika doing "kuch bhi" for someone, it's been beeji.
even these few days yaar. like, the marriage so near. everything resolved with viren. but wht happened during the deewali patakhas and the card game? jeevika gives manvi pleading and warning loooks, requesting her to not mess things up. Confused wht abt feelingg a tear in her heart due to having to leave her WORLD (her manno) behind?????
i really would like to know what you guys think about it. i know not everyone would agree with me. perhaps i AM expecting a lot out of jeevika. but, i am expecting only wht i have been led to expect based on promos and story. the promos showed jeevika as having manvi as the center of her world. did i see that in the show so far? nope.
lastly, i know getting a cutie and perfect gentleman like viren as a future hubby can make ANY girl forget her sorrows Tongue but still... i mean, jahan drama based hi sister ki bond pe hai, that sorrow can't be erased so easily. i am not talking abt simply sorrow yaar - i know jeevika is sad about leaving manvi. but that amount of sorrow we see in every other drama from every other sister. i was hoping to see somethign SPECIAL this time. i see that from manvi's end, infact i know even after virman have a thing going on, manvi wud be ALL ABOUT JEEVIKA. Smile but i don't see that level of adoration from jeevika's end.

So, the poll question: do you feel the lack of that SPECIAL sisterly attachment , from jeevika's end, for manvi? in terms of what you expected to see?, as per the THEME of the show, and the promos??

huh. long post. sorry LOL had to get it all out. let's see what you guys have to say.
oh and i made a poll, so make sure u answer the poll, AND make a post here. Wink

Edited by Sid4TeamCanada - 06 November 2011 at 9:14pm

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

Jhinka_Roysoniya_lovesu-Deepali-sravssscent_flowerNirjhor105xxXSejalXxxAshi22meLuvsParulRach-dcCavingIn-PhoenixD-AreYaar

OnlyHope IF-Stunnerz
OnlyHope
OnlyHope

Posted: 04 November 2011 at 11:11am | IP Logged
I totally agree with you...gradually the show is becoming more like any other show...about the ups and downs in JEEVIKA's life...and the things she sacrifices. I thought it would come out be a HUGE dramatic thing when Jeevika ahs to leave and even she would find it extremely hard to do so! But it's all normal here and she's accepting it like any other girl would. More like, forgetting the theme, yes the drama is awesome, but the theme is something which I think can't be portrayed because the reality remains that sisters do go apart, for marriage at least, if no other reason!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

scent_flower

-PhoenixD- IF-Sizzlerz
-PhoenixD-
-PhoenixD-

Posted: 04 November 2011 at 11:15am | IP Logged
Well saidClapWhat they have shown in promo's nd what they are showing nw is diffrent!i think they should concentrate more on sisterly bond! or atleast they should keep a balance between everything!

Sid4TeamCanada

*Reemz* IF-Stunnerz
*Reemz*
*Reemz*

Posted: 04 November 2011 at 11:18am | IP Logged
LOL Very long post Tongue

I can totally see why you feel that way but I'll try to explain how I see it. The one dialogue of Jeevika about Manvi kind of summed up to me how these two sisters work:

'Apni didi ko samajhti hai lekin duniya ko kyun nahin samajhti?'

i.e. She understands her sister but not how the world works.

That's the difference between Jeevika and Manvi. Being the mature and responsible one, she knows how the world works. Yes she has promised her sister that she would never leave her (that will be the case anyway) and for now it has been conveniently been forgotten because in the real world girls have to part from their families after marriage. Manvi has understood that now so they've both have had to make peace with it. But from what we know and heard, these two won't be seperating anyway and even though some of us maybe feeling that Jeevika is not returning the same depth, it will be her who makes sure Manvi remains with her.

On one hand Jeevika is said to not love Manvi as much as Manvi loves her and on the other hand I see people thinking their love is too obsessive because Jeevika ends up bringing Manvi in everywhere. She went to the extent of suggesting that Manvi stays with her in Chandigarh.

With Beeji she feels a sense of obligation because she brought them two up so naturally she silently obeys every order of hers. With Manvi, Jeevika is herself. She will shout at her, tell her to shut up because she knows she can get away with it. I said somewhere else how Jeevika kind of takes Manvi's presence in her life for granted because they've always been together so for now she's just worried about what will happen to Manvi after she's gone but soon she will realise how alone she will be without Manvi.

I really think any complaints regarding this matter will be solved next week :) It's only been a month so far and the real story hasn't even begun. What's wrong with Manvi? How are the sisters going to stay together? That is the main theme of the show and so far we haven't really got to the main plot.

You only realise someones true worth when they leave you but right now they're both together and living in the moment. It's what happens when the wedding nears and happens that the relationship will be in full force.

Edited by *Reemz* - 04 November 2011 at 11:22am

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

pinks86priya1804MariaXCrazzmatazzchristiandior.rev4evamoksha89-Doppelganger-*Eva*BazingaaSid4TeamCanadarelentless.AreYaar

diva_princess Groupbie
diva_princess
diva_princess

Posted: 04 November 2011 at 11:18am | IP Logged
I do love both of the sisters. and it is true perhaps.. that the SISTERLY LOVE is not being showed as mmuchh. But i guess THIS particular reason might create problems amonggst both sisters?? We never know ! Big smile The romance can be corny but still leaves smiles and keeps everyone blushing at the end. And yea, i dont think Jeevika would actually DO anything for Manvi. Manvi attempts, even though she commits mistakes unknowingly..or when Virat leads her to Winkhaha . Jeevika thinks \Manvi can tolerate the nonsense which is really unfair to her. lol its funny because i do have an older sister and im the one whose always getting mad, so i UNDERSTAND manvi. My sister is like Jeevika and it BOTHERS me. because NO ONE is SOOO SOOO good. And by being soo good, what do you get out of it ? lol might as well get in trouble, have fun! Hope i get a dashing man like Viren or virat Embarrassed

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

scent_flower-PhoenixD-Sid4TeamCanada

scent_flower Goldie
scent_flower
scent_flower

Posted: 04 November 2011 at 11:21am | IP Logged
I agree with each and every word you just typed! Cv's need to throw more light on 'ek haazaron mein meri behena hai' and why it is being said..What's so special about Jeevika that seperates her from all the other sisters? BEcause right now,her reaction has not been extra ordinary to anything. I would have liked it if she had hesitated and thought about Maanvi living without her..and if she had told Viren about her concern...Jeevika's just like any ordinary girl and sister.

Sid4TeamCanada

Sid4TeamCanada IF-Sizzlerz
Sid4TeamCanada
Sid4TeamCanada

Posted: 04 November 2011 at 11:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by fairy17

I totally agree with you...gradually the show is becoming more like any other show...about the ups and downs in JEEVIKA's life...and the things she sacrifices. I thought it would come out be a HUGE dramatic thing when Jeevika ahs to leave and even she would find it extremely hard to do so! But it's all normal here and she's accepting it like any other girl would. More like, forgetting the theme, yes the drama is awesome, but the theme is something which I think can't be portrayed because the reality remains that sisters do go apart, for marriage at least, if no other reason!

exactly, the drama is awesome. the couples r cute. viren is the PERFECT husband. and it's allgood that way, jeevika's a great gal, she deserves a guy like viren.

about the theme being hard to portray - whyy? we see it being portrayed from manvi's side.
they cud've easily shown jeevika being all sad abt the rishta being finalised, becuz that wud mean she wud have to lose manvi.

the very first episode, when the rishta came, she was remembering manvi's words ABOUT MANNAN! so, from the very moment the rishta appeared, the theme cud have easily been shown. jeevika cud've been shown to be SO SAD. she cud've been shown to be RESISTANT to accepting viren. she cud've been shown in a scene or two to stare at manvi in a sad and desperate manner. and these kind of subtle scenes cud have easily depicted the theme.

yes, ultimately, viren's a great guy. he will keep jeevika happy. jeevika will get married and she will have tomove on. but during that journey, depicting a theme like "sister being the center of her world" wud not have been that difficult. nhi??

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

scent_flowerNirjhor105

scent_flower Goldie
scent_flower
scent_flower

Posted: 04 November 2011 at 11:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by diva_princess

I do love both of the sisters. and it is true perhaps.. that the SISTERLY LOVE is not being showed as mmuchh. But i guess THIS particular reason might create problems amonggst both sisters?? We never know ! Big smile The romance can be corny but still leaves smiles and keeps everyone blushing at the end. And yea, i dont think Jeevika would actually DO anything for Manvi. Manvi attempts, even though she commits mistakes unknowingly..or when Virat leads her to Winkhaha . Jeevika thinks \Manvi can tolerate the nonsense which is really unfair to her. lol its funny because i do have an older sister and im the one whose always getting mad, so i UNDERSTAND manvi. My sister is like Jeevika and it BOTHERS me. because NO ONE is SOOO SOOO good. And by being soo good, what do you get out of it ? lol might as well get in trouble, have fun! Hope i get a dashing man like Viren or virat Embarrassed
Well said!!SmileSmile

-PhoenixD-

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index