Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Discussion with a TWIST: Movie KITES (Page 3)

BheegiBasanti IF-Sizzlerz
BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 05 November 2011 at 8:30pm | IP Logged
Kites felt like an 80s style movie with villainous families modernized by setting it in the US with a Mexican lead. Very shoddy and cliched screenplay. The pre-launch promotions made it seem like some path breaking movie...bad idea!

Edited by BheegiBasanti - 05 November 2011 at 8:30pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Kai.bamboocopter

sogazelle Goldie
sogazelle
sogazelle

Posted: 06 November 2011 at 4:46am | IP Logged
I liked the movie...but then again I'm not Indian...Hrithik had a little too much make up on for my taste...but he still looked fab...
I didn't like the climax...
But I totally understand why the Indian audience did not like the movie...there was nothing they could relate to...and then there was the language barrier.
I think they fell cheated in a way...because the movie was promoted as being for their audience whereas it was obvious that it was anything but...

I think they should have just said from the get go that it was a movie for Hrithik trying to woo the international market...and people would have watched it with that in mind and not totally reject it...
Instead, the audience just felt like they were being taken for a ride...that's why the movie fell flat on its face...Anyone who underestimate the audience learns it the hard way!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Kai.

_Basket_Case_ Groupbie
_Basket_Case_
_Basket_Case_

Posted: 06 November 2011 at 5:35pm | IP Logged
I think the problem with Kites was due in large part to the language. The English/Spanish/Spanglish vibe just didn't contribute anything to the film, if anything, it sucked the life out of it. Papa Roshan just got too ambitious, releasing it in English and wanting Kites to be the base of Hrithik's international super stardom. 

Not sure what the Intl BO numbers were like, Maddy, maybe you can help me out here. But I could see why Kites could be a success overseas and a complete dud domestically. 

Did it remind anyone else of Revenge? Not the show but the old 90's movie with Costner and Stowe? I couldn't help but notice the similarities between the two. Of course Kites had the distinct Roshan/Bollywood flare...LOL

bamboocopter

tvdekha IF-Rockerz

Posted: 06 November 2011 at 6:20pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

KhatamKahani

DB_reloaded IF-Stunnerz
DB_reloaded
DB_reloaded

Posted: 08 November 2011 at 4:50am | IP Logged
da setting it shud hv worked if it cross culture in tamil n hindi wid a south indian actress n hrithik playin da street smart guy of india...
Kai. IF-Sizzlerz
Kai.
Kai.

Posted: 08 November 2011 at 9:49am | IP Logged
the main problem i had was the language, it was difficult to understand what was exactly going on!

secondly, as some1 mentioned the films tries to be desi with the singing dancing... falling in love and even being international with the action scenes & romance! They shd have tried to aim it at either one indian audience or the international. The movie disappointed both sections!

thirdly, lack of connection. I was unable to relate to their 'love' for each other so the whole finding the girl seemed a lost cause.

fourthly, the action scenes were good but unrealistic!

fifth, the ending killed it!!! by the time the confused audience understands the story and wht happened in the past ...the sad ending just kills it. It was like wht's the purpose???

..Sakeena.. IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 08 November 2011 at 10:34am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
supercool3 Viewbie
supercool3
supercool3

Crazy Creatives Lead

Posted: 09 November 2011 at 11:25am | IP Logged
I've only seen the movie in parts ... but I felt this sort of exhaustion while watching it ...
I couldn't connect with the leads ... in fact, there supposed 'love story' did not even feel like a 'love story' to me 

it was so wanna-be Western ... and as someone pointed out, it had an 80s style to it ... nothing wrong about that, but the film had a very poor execution

and yes, half the time I didn't even know what was happening ... 

one second they are all sitting, next second they are running .. and in just goes in circles Wacko 

Go to top