Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

-Mmmmm-

-Mmmmm-

Posted: 04 November 2011 at 7:53am | IP Logged

Discussion with a Twist

Put your thinking caps on. We are starting a new segment. Discussion with a twist. Today's topic is Over hyped movies that fizzled. We have had topics in the past like Movie of the Week where we discussed movies that worked at the BO. Now lets discuss movies that did not work or a movie that failed to live up to its hype.   

The movie in the hot seat is KITES

Kites Movie Poster Designs 1 (8)

Kites... The movie that was hyped the most in 2010. Came with a lot of expectations. A good team backing it. Rakesh Roshan and Hrithik combo that had a good track record after blockbusters like KNPH, KMG and Krissh. An accomplished director like Anurag Basu who made some successful and acclaimed films like Murder, Gangster and Life in a Metro. Had all the ingredients for another blockbuster. After a good opening the movie failed to make an impact.

Why did it not work ?

Was it the setting. Would it have worked in a different setting.

Was it the story???

Was it the director. Would it have fared better if Rakesh Roshan had directed it.

Was it the actor. Could any other actor played it differently or effectively. If Yes then who?

Was it the actress ? Would it have fared better with Katrina or PC or Kareena on board.

Feel free to add more to this or add your own twists to the discussion...

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

MissIffiy-Kruti.S-.Mandy.Kai.bamboocopterYusBeePiyatrixK.Seanruky786

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Discussion with a TWIST: Movie KITES" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

MissIffiy

IF-Rockerz

MissIffiy

Posted: 04 November 2011 at 8:06am | IP Logged
I enjoyed the film it dragged a bit & did not have the entertainment factor. the girl was annoying. 

Since it was hyped so much people went in with so much expectation they came out disappointed. If i remember correctly it had good start at the BO but the word of mouth spread like fire & killed it   

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bamboocopter

bamboocopter

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 04 November 2011 at 8:06am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

ruky786

IF-Stunnerz

ruky786

Posted: 04 November 2011 at 8:18am | IP Logged
Why did it not work ?

Because it didn't meet expectations...I hated the film...yep i hated it! Didn't like it one bit! So so so disappointed :(

Was it the setting. Would it have worked in a different setting.

No that was fine.

Was it the story???

I think it was the way it was filmed.

Was it the director. Would it have fared better if Rakesh Roshan had directed it.

IMO...the editing was bad.

Was it the actor. Could any other actor played it differently or effectively. If Yes then who?

HR did brilliantly...but the film as a whole didnt work for me.

Was it the actress ? Would it have fared better with Katrina or PC or Kareena on board.

She was average...and no PC/Kareena/Katrina wouldn't fit right maybe Kat but no...Barbara was average.

YusBee

IF-Sizzlerz

YusBee

Posted: 04 November 2011 at 8:51am | IP Logged
I have just seen few glimpses of the movie.I feel one of the reasons why it didn't work hmm..majority of the film was in subtitles?

And moreover,the rumours of Hrithik-Barbara a couple didn't get that much of reception such rumours get.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

bamboocopterbeboholic

.Alluring.

IF-Dazzler

.Alluring.

Posted: 04 November 2011 at 9:11am | IP Logged
The language!! one of the main reason it didn't work. 

overall the movie didn't have indian or desi charm about it.. it was too boring, dark and spanish i felt? Confused there was nothing special about lead actor and actress other than their bodies Wacko Kites was tooo bland in my opinion 

this movie proved that s*x doesn't sell always 

Edited by .Alluring. - 04 November 2011 at 9:20am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Kai.bamboocopterbeboholic

desigrl05

IF-Sizzlerz

desigrl05

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 04 November 2011 at 10:09am | IP Logged
I didnt watch the film but just looking at the trailers seemed like it was more for an 'international' audience rather than an indian one..
i feel each country and their taste in entertainment is different, rakesh roshan took a risk with this one and unfortunately for him it failed...
but more than anything i felt bad for anurag basu..he is my favv!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Sam_dean4Eva-Kruti.S-bamboocopterruky786

theprince

IF-Rockerz

theprince

Posted: 04 November 2011 at 10:57am | IP Logged
The film is not bad at all its didnt meet the expectation for sure but didnt deserve all the negativity because its better than so many hit films but the high expectation + the language + the story create the negativity wall but for me i like the film .

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Kai...Sakeena..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top