monika.goel

IF-Stunnerz

monika.goel

Posted: 01 February 2006 at 8:52pm | IP Logged
Group ouster for Kumkum crew
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   February 2, 2006

Sumeet (Hussain), Kumkum (Juhi Parmar) and Jatin (Anuj Saxena) in Kumkum
Two days ago, the entire crew of BAG Films daily, Kumkum Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan (Star Plus), was shunted out. Though a change of directors may be routine in the TV world, it is rare to find the director and his entire team as well as the writer all being shown the door together.

Who went?

Director Arvind Babbal, Second Director Noel Smith and writer Mahesh Pandey are out of the afternoon drama produced by Anuradha Prasad. When the cast reported for shooting on Monday morning, they were surprised to see no action on the sets and more action behind the camera.

Old director back

Confirming the development, creative head for Kumkum, Sancheeta Bose, says, "Yes, we have changed the writer and the director.

The new director is Ashish Patil, while the screenplay will now be written by Farhan Salaruddin and Barry Dhillon. In fact, Ashish was Kumkum's director in the initial stages of the show."

As for the reason for the ouster, Bose says, "As it is a daily, it is routine to change the thought processes and rejuvenate the show."

When asked, Pandey said, "Yes, I am no longer part of Kumkum. I had been writing for over a year now. I don't want to say anything more now."

Pandey has been synonymous with several Balaji shows, like Kahaanii Ghar Ghar Kii, Kasautii Zindagii Kay and Kahiin To Hoga. He also played Shekhar in Kasuatii Zindagii Kay.

Other show

Babbal said he was no longer directing Kumkum as BAG Films had asked him to direct their new weekly show, Akhiyon Ke Jharokhe Se, slated to air on Star Plus soon. "It's not that I have been asked to go. It's just that I will now direct their other show," he explains. Babbal had been directing Kumkum for almost a year. He earlier directed Kesar, Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii and Kahiin To Hoga.

Real reason

The real reason why the writer and director were replaced seems to be their obsession for details that was proving to be too time-consuming in a daily shoot. But with both Babbal and Pandey preferring not to divulge details, the truth behind their exit remains a mystery.

shaheen@mid-day.com

Kumkum track

Hussain, who was on leave for his honeymoon, is slated to resume shooting from today, according to producers, BAG Films. The track has Kumkum (Juhi Parmar) in a dilemma as she is caught between her former husband Jatin (Anuj Saxena) who has reappeared in her life, and present hubby Sumeet (Hussain).

Meanwhile, Krissh (Pannkit Thacker) will be shown romantically involved with Kamiya (Dimple Inamdar

http://ww1.mid-day.com/hitlist/2006/february/129874.htm

Edited by monika.goel - 01 February 2006 at 8:53pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Group ouster for Kumkum crew" in Kumkum - Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

shabzz123

IF-Rockerz

shabzz123

Posted: 01 February 2006 at 9:28pm | IP Logged
The new director is Ashish Patil, while the screenplay will now be written by Farhan Salaruddin and Barry Dhillon. In fact, Ashish was Kumkum's director in the initial stages of the show."

OMG!!!!! this is such a good news that AP is coming back yuppyyyyyyyyyyyyyy i am soooooooooooooooo happy now .Now kumkum will become like before we will get to seee sooooo many roamntic scenes of kumkum and sumit wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww i am just soooooooooooooooo happy . And our hero is back from his vaction kool so now wwe will get to see a lot more of hussian wow wat an article Big smile

oopps in this happiness i forgot to thank monika.goel Smile thank u soooooooooooo mcuh for giving such a good new Smile

Kiran.

IF-Veteran Member

Kiran.

Star Plus Channel

Posted: 01 February 2006 at 9:31pm | IP Logged

Thats gr88 newsTongueLOL

Thanks Monica for posting the articleSmile

rdeepti

rdeepti

Posted: 01 February 2006 at 9:42pm | IP Logged
thanks monika

damsel111

IF-Rockerz

damsel111

Posted: 01 February 2006 at 10:04pm | IP Logged
omg omg omg omggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
this is a dream cum true
cant believe our very own AP jee is backkkkkkkkkkkkkk
omggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

i ave no wordz.. no wordz at al..
hehe kia kahun.. our AP jee is backkk
tyme to party guyzzzzzzzzz Big smile

ek tu AP jee is back.. n our hussain is also back LOL
meanz sumit will b back to india by the next week...

seemz anu aunty knowz wht v want LOL

hehe.. uh..
um.. i really dun know how to show how happy i am Embarrassed

thanx a ton for the awsum article..
was unable to sleep at nyte aur subha ko zara jee uff.. hehe
neway thanx alot...

zaraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Iriss

IF-Sizzlerz

Iriss

Posted: 01 February 2006 at 10:08pm | IP Logged

omg omg omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!all thrown out at same time Cry
wht's happening? Confused
just hope that the track improves n su n kk r shown together Wink Tongue

thanx monika for the articleClap

Edited by bellle4u - 01 February 2006 at 10:10pm

*Resham*

Channel Moderator

*Resham*

Posted: 02 February 2006 at 1:54am | IP Logged
thanks monika for the article

gr8 to know tht ap is back and now we can expect sukk together atleast.

princess belle

IF-Dazzler

princess belle

Posted: 02 February 2006 at 3:21am | IP Logged
thanks monica 4 the great news, hope the story line will improve now. Wink

Post Reply New Post

Go to top