Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain

Are real sisters really like JEEVI? (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 6

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 6
Page 6 Page 6

ayesha_80

IF-Rockerz

ayesha_80

Posted: 04 November 2011 at 4:41am | IP Logged
Well...first of all...good to see a nice discussion here. Most of the topics that i read here are about how good or bad a character is..LOL!

Abt ur topic...i'd somewhat agree and disagree...(confused u, right? Embarrassed) The thing is, these shows defo are a portrayal of events making them like larger than life. Obviously, the "drama" element has to be incorporated, so as to make the entire package more attractive. But what has hooked me to THIS particular one is the simplicity and somewhere "close to reality" aspect that the show possesses.  

Most of the shows we have these days are conspiracy driven...or the theme is too vague and unreal. The "content" has really taken a toll...technical quality defo is great...but the content is more or less similar in most of the shows.

EHMMBH (wat a long name LOL)...yes, it does go overboard at times and in places...but as of now, its justifiable. The show has merely started...it has to attract the audience...and make them connect with any and/or all the characters. So...i feel, it would be too early to judge it.

Talking abt the sister bond...well...i am one of those, who can relate to it. My sister n I share an almost similar bond. She's 8 yrs elder to me and has been like a mom, a best friend, a confidant, my support system throughout. U'd find it funny...till she got married...i wasn't really very close to my mom...in the sense..i had HER to share all my happiness, sorrows, problems n issues with. And then...wid sisters, one tend to be more relaxed and carefree. So...she's been muchhh more than a sister to me. Just like Jeevika is for Manvi. And when one is sooo close, even the thought of going away is very painful.

I remember...i had behaved somewhat in a similar manner when she was getting married. Ok...didn't ever try to STOP the marriage...coz was extremely happy for her...and was very excited for the wedding...lol! But at the same time, it was a very emotional phase..for both of us. I was n still am like a kid to her...though we fight like anything till date Embarrassed LOL

My bro-in-law watched one random scene from the epi  last week and he immediately called me up...obviously, to pull my leg LOL  The show is giving him a good opportunity to take his revenge from me LOL

So, maybe its a bit over-done in the show...like u said...even i don't remember when i last hugged my sister...mayb on her b'day or something. But then...we really can't expect it to be exactly like reality. In the broader context, the bond that the sisters share in the show...i find it pretty realistic most of the times.

Nice post, Rabia...really enjoyed reading and commenting! Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

aewaKokila11..-Jia-..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Are real sisters really like JEEVI? (Page 5)" in Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Kokila11

IF-Dazzler

Kokila11

Posted: 04 November 2011 at 6:06am | IP Logged
yeah i guess, i have 3 sisters, sometimes we fight like crazy, but we mostly get along and we don't really need anyone else, because we chill around, watch movies, stay up late, always playing games, we get along really wellSmile

except when they start intimidating me because of my height, it really doesn't go too wellLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aewa

aewa

aewa

Posted: 04 November 2011 at 10:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kokila11

yeah i guess, i have 3 sisters, sometimes we fight like crazy, but we mostly get along and we don't really need anyone else, because we chill around, watch movies, stay up late, always playing games, we get along really wellSmile

except when they start intimidating me because of my height, it really doesn't go too wellLOL

Hahahahaha omg I am the shortest out of us three sisters... I always get made fun of for it!

Kokila11

Kokila11

IF-Dazzler

Kokila11

Posted: 04 November 2011 at 11:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aewa

[QUOTE=Kokila11]yeah i guess, i have 3 sisters, sometimes we fight like crazy, but we mostly get along and we don't really need anyone else, because we chill around, watch movies, stay up late, always playing games, we get along really wellSmile

Hahahahaha omg I am the shortest out of us three sisters... I always get made fun of for it!
[/QUOTE

but are you oldest, i am, so i get teased even moreLOL
only 1 of my sisters were taller than me, then suddenly the other 2 just shot up, now it's only me left to growLOL

aewa

aewa

Posted: 04 November 2011 at 12:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kokila11

Originally posted by aewa

[QUOTE=Kokila11]yeah i guess, i have 3 sisters, sometimes we fight like crazy, but we mostly get along and we don't really need anyone else, because we chill around, watch movies, stay up late, always playing games, we get along really wellSmile

[/QUOTE

but are you oldest, i am, so i get teased even moreLOL
only 1 of my sisters were taller than me, then suddenly the other 2 just shot up, now it's only me left to growLOL

LOL aww bichari... No I'm the youngest, so I probably don't get teased as much. But I'm in my early 20s now, so no chances of getting taller!

MariQuestFilms

IF-Sizzlerz

MariQuestFilms

Posted: 04 November 2011 at 3:22pm | IP Logged
I can definately relate to the sister sister element. Actually its what drew me to the show and made me love it more. The sister bond of fighting and making up to wanting to do anything you can for your sis reminds me of me and my little sis. The other drama elements are obviously what are incorporated in  Indian serials.

aewa

angelluck

angelluck

Posted: 05 November 2011 at 10:06pm | IP Logged
actually most of the real sisters are like jeevi b'coz me and my younger sister share the same bonding as jeevika and manvi.we love each other the same way as jeevi do we really can't live without each other.so its not that every story could be fake and sisters can't love each other as jeevi doWink

aewa

VirManandJeeVi

VirManandJeeVi

Posted: 06 November 2011 at 2:09pm | IP Logged
Well I guess I can say me and my cousin sister because their is a 7 year difference between us and in between those 7 years we had 8 boys born in our family including her brothers and my older brother so we are really close! And I can't stand it when people talk about getting her married so we planned to get married into the same house when we were young! I don't know about it now but I will always love her to death!!!Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smile

aewa

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.