Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain
Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain

India-Forums

Are real sisters really like JEEVI? (Page 3)

AreYaar IF-Addictz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 03 November 2011 at 4:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Reemz*

Nur ROFL I just saw that one Badi Maa-Suhana scene and it made me swell up because the emotions came out so genuinely so I had to have an avi. I'm going to bug you again if that's ok Tongue

LOL oh sure feel free to bug me anytime...that Badi Maa-Suhana scene still chokes up me till this day...I remember how much I bawled the first time I saw that scene...very very very few scenes have touched my heart like that one did.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

*Reemz*

*Reemz* IF-Stunnerz
*Reemz*
*Reemz*

Posted: 03 November 2011 at 4:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Originally posted by Ramy25

Agree with Anu and Reemz. Even if sisters in real life don't hug and say those sisterly lines as often as Jeevika and Manvi, there is still something in this show about the sisters' relationship that attracts attention.
When they exaggerate stuff between couples or husband-wife relationship in these tv shows, then it's obvious that it would happen in other relationships such as sisters' as well.  So far they have done a decent job in this department.

I also agree with Anu on Manvi bit. The actress is doing quite a good job in her portrayal of the character of the younger sister. She stands out in almost all scenes and with any character. She seems to balance humor and emotional bits quite well.

Amy!Hug  You showed up here too! NiceeeLOL

Word on Manvi standing out in all her scenes :-) Yeah the relationship b/w the sisters does have an indefinable something that is sweet to watch :-)

The chemistry reflects in all their pictures together too...goes to show how well the actresses have bonded in real life cuz it shows onscreen

Like in these two pics:

And in this sig from the creations gallery:

Yeh they seem to get on really well. 

There's quite a lot of offscreen pics:

Off-screen chemistry obviously helps here!
*Reemz* IF-Stunnerz
*Reemz*
*Reemz*

Posted: 03 November 2011 at 4:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Originally posted by *Reemz*

Nur ROFL I just saw that one Badi Maa-Suhana scene and it made me swell up because the emotions came out so genuinely so I had to have an avi. I'm going to bug you again if that's ok Tongue

LOL oh sure feel free to bug me anytime...that Badi Maa-Suhana scene still chokes up me till this day...I remember how much I bawled the first time I saw that scene...very very very few scenes have touched my heart like that one did.

Plus that background music always gets to me!! Broken Heart I saw an episode after a very long time today and loved the family scenes but I've never warmed up to Ishaan or Ishaan-Suhana together for some reason. But that's not for this topic so I'll shut up there!Tongue
Nymeria IF-Sizzlerz
Nymeria
Nymeria

Posted: 03 November 2011 at 4:08pm | IP Logged
@AnuHug-- lol I followed you.LOL

yeah I saw those pics as well and even in their off screen interviews, you see how well both actresses have bonded and that's one of the reasons their relationship on screen looks so  endearing and relatable in many ways.

It also seems that Jeevika is more maternal to Manvi than sister. May be that's why at times it looks as if they are going overboard with sisters stuff. The way Jeevika hugs Manvi with her hand on Manvi's head, the way she talks to her or advices her to do or not to do something, the way she quickly makes up with her as well as her constant worry regarding leaving her baby sister after marriage -- all shows Jeevika's maternal side more than her sister side.

@Reemz, Anu-- what scene are you guys talking about?if it's that good then I wanna have a look at it too.Tongue

Edited by Ramy25 - 03 November 2011 at 4:11pm

*Reemz*

*Reemz* IF-Stunnerz
*Reemz*
*Reemz*

Posted: 03 November 2011 at 4:17pm | IP Logged
Ok this is off-topic but Ramy this is the scene : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imNJUx9d6cY

Uploaded by Nur herself :P  It's so touching. 

I agree about Jeevika being more maternal but I guess it's a mixture of being a mother, sister and best friend so Manvi's become very protective/possesive over her. She becomes like a little child when it comes to losing Jeevika.

Not sure if you've seen this promo?? It's a scene I'm really looking forward to see because this time it's Jeevika crying like the baby :P

Nymeria

Bazingaa IF-Sizzlerz
Bazingaa
Bazingaa

Posted: 03 November 2011 at 4:30pm | IP Logged
Haven't read any of the previous comments so pardon me of I repeat some points. 

I have a younger sister and we're almost always arguing, but still love each other more than anyone else. And we do hug each other sometimes, maybe not as often as Jeevika-Manvi but we do so I don't consider that an issue really. But true, what is portrayed on-screen isn't something that one would witness in real life. However, this show isn't trying to depict reality, as a matter of fact, no show is. Shows are just for entertainment purposes- always comparing them to reality isn't the best idea,methinks. Imagine if shows always started depicting reality- wouldn't that become too boring and monotonous for you and everyone else alike? I think it would and not many people would watch it. Not just the bond between sisters but also the romance-not just in this show but others too-is not something that happens in real life- dupattas flying, romance in a hospital (referring to this since DMG was the last show that I was really close to), very long falls and eye locks,cheesy dialogues,cute bickering so on and so forth- all of this isn't something that is witnessed in real life but we all enjoy it nonetheless ( Personally, I am a hopeless sucker for romantic shows, all those cliched,cheesy and downright cute and romantic scenes, no matter how many times I see them, make me aww everytime LOL. The same scenes are repeated in every show with may be a few things different and I still LOVE them- I don't think I'll ever get enough of them- JeeVi are my recent crush- they're uber cute! <3). So, I think we should accept and enjoy the sisterly bond in the same way we enjoy all the cheesy romance between an on-screen couple without thinking too much about reality.

Besides, the show is about the bond between two sisters and how it affects their other relationships, it is about the sisterly bond, the title says it too- Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai, so I think such scenes are rather needed- they need to show to and convince the audience how much the sisters love and mean to each other and for this they obviously need to exaggerate the reality a bit and personally, if they only just showed what we witness between normal sisters in reality, I wouldn't be too convinced and might not even have given the show a chance since it was the sisterly bond that attracted me to this show in the first place (even though getting JeeVi is like an icing on the top LOL). 

So ya, it all sums up to one thing- this is not new. The cheesy romance we get between the lead couple(s) in all the shows is something which doesn't happen in real life and everyone still loves it so why not accept the sisterly love with equal grace and enthusiasm? Embarrassed Fictional shows aren't there to depict reality (it would become too boring then), in some cases (or most), they need to exaggerate reality and they do that and hence are enjoyed by all, IMO. Having said that, I think the shows (not this show now, I think they're doing a decent job so far, but just shows in general) shouldn't go too OTT with all the exaggeration either, they shouldn't show something totally  unacceptable either (which some shows have in the past and I rather detest them). So ya, just enjoy, unless the unreal bit in the show isn't harming anything or anyone- it doesn't really matter- it rather makes it more convincing. Embarrassed

Edit:- God, never realised it would get this long- sorry! ;/)

Edited by kasharti1 - 03 November 2011 at 4:38pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

aewa*Reemz*

DivineDreams. IF-Stunnerz
DivineDreams.
DivineDreams.

Posted: 03 November 2011 at 4:30pm | IP Logged
I think Jeevika is protective of Maanvi cuz they're parents are dead. If they were alive it could have been that they wouldn't be so close that they don't want to seperate. I do agree the sister relationship looks way more sweeter on TV . I say this cause I do have an elder sister and we fight much more than Jeevika and Manvi.At the end of the day it's fictional show which is trying to show a sister bond and it's TV so it has to be exagerated :)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

aewa*Reemz*

*Reemz* IF-Stunnerz
*Reemz*
*Reemz*

Posted: 03 November 2011 at 4:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kasharti1

Haven't read any of the previous comments so pardon me of I repeat some points. 

I have a younger sister and we're almost always arguing, but still love each other more than anyone else. And we do hug each other sometimes, maybe not as often as Jeevika-Manvi but we do so I don't consider that an issue really. But true, what is portrayed on-screen isn't something that one would witness in real life. However, this show isn't trying to depict reality, as a matter of fact, no show is. Shows are just for entertainment purposes- always comparing them to reality isn't the best idea,methinks. Imagine if shows always started depicting reality- wouldn't that become too boring and monotonous for you and everyone else alike? I think it would and not many people would watch it. Not just the bond between sisters but also the romance-not just in this show but others too-is not something that happens in real life- dupattas flying, romance in a hospital (referring to this since DMG was the last show that I was really close to), very long falls and eye locks,cheesy dialogues,cute bickering so on and so forth- all of this isn't something that is witnessed in real life but we all enjoy it nonetheless ( Personally, I am a hopeless sucker for romantic shows, all those cliched,cheesy and downright cute and romantic scenes, no matter how many times I see them, make me aww everytime LOL. The same scenes are repeated in every show with may be a few things different and I still LOVE them- I don't think I'll ever get enough of them- JeeVi are my recent crush- they're uber cute! <3). So, I think we should accept and enjoy the sisterly bond in the same way we enjoy all the cheesy romance between an on-screen couple without thinking too much about reality.

Besides, the show is about the bond between two sisters and how it affects their other relationships, it is about the sisterly bond, the title says it too- Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai, so I think such scenes are rather needed- they need to show to and convince the audience how much the sisters love and mean to each other and for this they obviously need to exaggerate the reality a bit and personally, if they only just showed what we witness between normal sisters in reality, I wouldn't be too convinced and might not even have given the show a chance since it was the sisterly bond that attracted me to this show in the first place (even though getting JeeVi is like an icing on the top LOL). 

So ya, it all sums up to one thing- this is not new. The cheesy romance we get between the lead couple(s) in all the shows is something which doesn't happen in real life and everyone still loves it so why not accept the sisterly love with equal grace and enthusiasm? Embarrassed Fictional shows aren't there to depict reality (it would become too boring then), in some cases (or most), they need to exaggerate reality and they do that and hence are enjoyed by all, IMO. Having said that, I think the shows (not this show now, I think they're doing a decent job so far, but just shows in general) shouldn't go too OTT with all the exaggeration either, they shouldn't show something totally  unacceptable either (which some shows have in the past and I rather detest them). So ya, just enjoy, unless the unreal bit in the show isn't harming anything or anyone- it doesn't really matter- it rather makes it more convincing. Embarrassed

Edit:- God, never realised it would get this long- sorry! ;/)

LOL pretty much what I wrote too Wink If the sister's attachment wasn't to the extreme then the show would not work because the promos generated that curiosity about two sisters who can't live without each other. The writers had to make that convincing hence they could not show a normal loving relationship between Manvi-Jeevika...! It had to be magnifed!

Edited by *Reemz* - 03 November 2011 at 4:43pm

Bazingaa

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index