Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desi chic thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Hi Rabia,

Venting is essential for internal balance *deep breath*πŸ˜‰ Regarding the topic of discussion itself, I second the thoughts of *Reemz*.  Reality, and television drama are rather dissimilar. I have two sisters myself, and can attest to the comments made by others here regarding bickering, naughtiness, and spontaneous affection vs. constant. The thing with older sisters is that there is always that blend of sisterhood and maternal instinct, which often unfolds according to the situation. Younger ones are often pampered and playfully terrorized. In the end however, it all boils down to the fact that they are the different-shaped pieces to a complete puzzle. Having a sister, I believe, is a blessing!

As for the actors, they are all fabulous. Nia does bring in a lot of spunk and Virat an equally engaging reaction. I don't think any of them are really comparable to one another, because they have their unique roles to play. At the end of the day, Manvi is the mischief-maker and Jeevika the calm, sensible one.

Regarding today's epi - seriously, who lets the servants take all the fun?! And Shlok is missing out on the bliss of childhood big time!

Cheers,
dc
desi chic thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: *Reemz*

LOL you explained it better than I did anyway ;)

You know Viren is so sweet and understanding that it makes me wonder how much will it take of this sister love to tip him off the edge πŸ€£

I've been wondering the same... What an ideal eh;)

Cheers,
dc
ayesha_80 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Well...first of all...good to see a nice discussion here. Most of the topics that i read here are about how good or bad a character is..LOL!

Abt ur topic...i'd somewhat agree and disagree...(confused u, right? 😳) The thing is, these shows defo are a portrayal of events making them like larger than life. Obviously, the "drama" element has to be incorporated, so as to make the entire package more attractive. But what has hooked me to THIS particular one is the simplicity and somewhere "close to reality" aspect that the show possesses.  

Most of the shows we have these days are conspiracy driven...or the theme is too vague and unreal. The "content" has really taken a toll...technical quality defo is great...but the content is more or less similar in most of the shows.

EHMMBH (wat a long name πŸ˜†)...yes, it does go overboard at times and in places...but as of now, its justifiable. The show has merely started...it has to attract the audience...and make them connect with any and/or all the characters. So...i feel, it would be too early to judge it.

Talking abt the sister bond...well...i am one of those, who can relate to it. My sister n I share an almost similar bond. She's 8 yrs elder to me and has been like a mom, a best friend, a confidant, my support system throughout. U'd find it funny...till she got married...i wasn't really very close to my mom...in the sense..i had HER to share all my happiness, sorrows, problems n issues with. And then...wid sisters, one tend to be more relaxed and carefree. So...she's been muchhh more than a sister to me. Just like Jeevika is for Manvi. And when one is sooo close, even the thought of going away is very painful.

I remember...i had behaved somewhat in a similar manner when she was getting married. Ok...didn't ever try to STOP the marriage...coz was extremely happy for her...and was very excited for the wedding...lol! But at the same time, it was a very emotional phase..for both of us. I was n still am like a kid to her...though we fight like anything till date πŸ˜³ πŸ˜†

My bro-in-law watched one random scene from the epi  last week and he immediately called me up...obviously, to pull my leg πŸ˜†  The show is giving him a good opportunity to take his revenge from me πŸ˜†

So, maybe its a bit over-done in the show...like u said...even i don't remember when i last hugged my sister...mayb on her b'day or something. But then...we really can't expect it to be exactly like reality. In the broader context, the bond that the sisters share in the show...i find it pretty realistic most of the times.

Nice post, Rabia...really enjoyed reading and commenting! 😊
Kokila11 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
yeah i guess, i have 3 sisters, sometimes we fight like crazy, but we mostly get along and we don't really need anyone else, because we chill around, watch movies, stay up late, always playing games, we get along really well😊

except when they start intimidating me because of my height, it really doesn't go too wellπŸ˜†
aewa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Kokila11

yeah i guess, i have 3 sisters, sometimes we fight like crazy, but we mostly get along and we don't really need anyone else, because we chill around, watch movies, stay up late, always playing games, we get along really well😊

except when they start intimidating me because of my height, it really doesn't go too wellπŸ˜†

Hahahahaha omg I am the shortest out of us three sisters... I always get made fun of for it!
Kokila11 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: aewa

Hahahahaha omg I am the shortest out of us three sisters... I always get made fun of for it!
[/QUOTE

but are you oldest, i am, so i get teased even moreπŸ˜†
only 1 of my sisters were taller than me, then suddenly the other 2 just shot up, now it's only me left to growπŸ˜†

aewa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Kokila11

LOL aww bichari... No I'm the youngest, so I probably don't get teased as much. But I'm in my early 20s now, so no chances of getting taller!

MariQuestFilms thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I can definately relate to the sister sister element. Actually its what drew me to the show and made me love it more. The sister bond of fighting and making up to wanting to do anything you can for your sis reminds me of me and my little sis. The other drama elements are obviously what are incorporated in  Indian serials.
angelluck thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
actually most of the real sisters are like jeevi b'coz me and my younger sister share the same bonding as jeevika and manvi.we love each other the same way as jeevi do we really can't live without each other.so its not that every story could be fake and sisters can't love each other as jeevi doπŸ˜‰
VirManandJeeVi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Well I guess I can say me and my cousin sister because their is a 7 year difference between us and in between those 7 years we had 8 boys born in our family including her brothers and my older brother so we are really close! And I can't stand it when people talk about getting her married so we planned to get married into the same house when we were young! I don't know about it now but I will always love her to death!!!πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ