Are real sisters really like JEEVI? - Page 3

Posted: 12 years ago
Ok this is off-topic but Ramy this is the scene : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imNJUx9d6cY

Uploaded by Nur herself :P  It's so touching. 

I agree about Jeevika being more maternal but I guess it's a mixture of being a mother, sister and best friend so Manvi's become very protective/possesive over her. She becomes like a little child when it comes to losing Jeevika.

Not sure if you've seen this promo?? It's a scene I'm really looking forward to see because this time it's Jeevika crying like the baby :P

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvU3mcN_2p0[/YOUTUBE]

Haven't read any of the previous comments so pardon me of I repeat some points. 

I have a younger sister and we're almost always arguing, but still love each other more than anyone else. And we do hug each other sometimes, maybe not as often as Jeevika-Manvi but we do so I don't consider that an issue really. But true, what is portrayed on-screen isn't something that one would witness in real life. However, this show isn't trying to depict reality, as a matter of fact, no show is. Shows are just for entertainment purposes- always comparing them to reality isn't the best idea,methinks. Imagine if shows always started depicting reality- wouldn't that become too boring and monotonous for you and everyone else alike? I think it would and not many people would watch it. Not just the bond between sisters but also the romance-not just in this show but others too-is not something that happens in real life- dupattas flying, romance in a hospital (referring to this since DMG was the last show that I was really close to), very long falls and eye locks,cheesy dialogues,cute bickering so on and so forth- all of this isn't something that is witnessed in real life but we all enjoy it nonetheless ( Personally, I am a hopeless sucker for romantic shows, all those cliched,cheesy and downright cute and romantic scenes, no matter how many times I see them, make me aww everytime 😆. The same scenes are repeated in every show with may be a few things different and I still LOVE them- I don't think I'll ever get enough of them- JeeVi are my recent crush- they're uber cute! <3). So, I think we should accept and enjoy the sisterly bond in the same way we enjoy all the cheesy romance between an on-screen couple without thinking too much about reality.

Besides, the show is about the bond between two sisters and how it affects their other relationships, it is about the sisterly bond, the title says it too- Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai, so I think such scenes are rather needed- they need to show to and convince the audience how much the sisters love and mean to each other and for this they obviously need to exaggerate the reality a bit and personally, if they only just showed what we witness between normal sisters in reality, I wouldn't be too convinced and might not even have given the show a chance since it was the sisterly bond that attracted me to this show in the first place (even though getting JeeVi is like an icing on the top 😆). 

So ya, it all sums up to one thing- this is not new. The cheesy romance we get between the lead couple(s) in all the shows is something which doesn't happen in real life and everyone still loves it so why not accept the sisterly love with equal grace and enthusiasm? 😳 Fictional shows aren't there to depict reality (it would become too boring then), in some cases (or most), they need to exaggerate reality and they do that and hence are enjoyed by all, IMO. Having said that, I think the shows (not this show now, I think they're doing a decent job so far, but just shows in general) shouldn't go too OTT with all the exaggeration either, they shouldn't show something totally  unacceptable either (which some shows have in the past and I rather detest them). So ya, just enjoy, unless the unreal bit in the show isn't harming anything or anyone- it doesn't really matter- it rather makes it more convincing. ðŸ˜³

Edit:- God, never realised it would get this long- sorry! ;/)
Edited by kasharti1 - 12 years ago
I think Jeevika is protective of Maanvi cuz they're parents are dead. If they were alive it could have been that they wouldn't be so close that they don't want to seperate. I do agree the sister relationship looks way more sweeter on TV . I say this cause I do have an elder sister and we fight much more than Jeevika and Manvi.At the end of the day it's fictional show which is trying to show a sister bond and it's TV so it has to be exagerated :)
Originally posted by kasharti1

Haven't read any of the previous comments so pardon me of I repeat some points. 

I have a younger sister and we're almost always arguing, but still love each other more than anyone else. And we do hug each other sometimes, maybe not as often as Jeevika-Manvi but we do so I don't consider that an issue really. But true, what is portrayed on-screen isn't something that one would witness in real life. However, this show isn't trying to depict reality, as a matter of fact, no show is. Shows are just for entertainment purposes- always comparing them to reality isn't the best idea,methinks. Imagine if shows always started depicting reality- wouldn't that become too boring and monotonous for you and everyone else alike? I think it would and not many people would watch it. Not just the bond between sisters but also the romance-not just in this show but others too-is not something that happens in real life- dupattas flying, romance in a hospital (referring to this since DMG was the last show that I was really close to), very long falls and eye locks,cheesy dialogues,cute bickering so on and so forth- all of this isn't something that is witnessed in real life but we all enjoy it nonetheless ( Personally, I am a hopeless sucker for romantic shows, all those cliched,cheesy and downright cute and romantic scenes, no matter how many times I see them, make me aww everytime 😆. The same scenes are repeated in every show with may be a few things different and I still LOVE them- I don't think I'll ever get enough of them- JeeVi are my recent crush- they're uber cute! <3). So, I think we should accept and enjoy the sisterly bond in the same way we enjoy all the cheesy romance between an on-screen couple without thinking too much about reality.

Besides, the show is about the bond between two sisters and how it affects their other relationships, it is about the sisterly bond, the title says it too- Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai, so I think such scenes are rather needed- they need to show to and convince the audience how much the sisters love and mean to each other and for this they obviously need to exaggerate the reality a bit and personally, if they only just showed what we witness between normal sisters in reality, I wouldn't be too convinced and might not even have given the show a chance since it was the sisterly bond that attracted me to this show in the first place (even though getting JeeVi is like an icing on the top 😆). 

So ya, it all sums up to one thing- this is not new. The cheesy romance we get between the lead couple(s) in all the shows is something which doesn't happen in real life and everyone still loves it so why not accept the sisterly love with equal grace and enthusiasm? 😳 Fictional shows aren't there to depict reality (it would become too boring then), in some cases (or most), they need to exaggerate reality and they do that and hence are enjoyed by all, IMO. Having said that, I think the shows (not this show now, I think they're doing a decent job so far, but just shows in general) shouldn't go too OTT with all the exaggeration either, they shouldn't show something totally  unacceptable either (which some shows have in the past and I rather detest them). So ya, just enjoy, unless the unreal bit in the show isn't harming anything or anyone- it doesn't really matter- it rather makes it more convincing. ðŸ˜³

Edit:- God, never realised it would get this long- sorry! ;/)

LOL pretty much what I wrote too ðŸ˜‰ If the sister's attachment wasn't to the extreme then the show would not work because the promos generated that curiosity about two sisters who can't live without each other. The writers had to make that convincing hence they could not show a normal loving relationship between Manvi-Jeevika...! It had to be magnifed!
Edited by *Reemz* - 12 years ago
Originally posted by *Reemz*

LOL pretty much what I wrote too ðŸ˜‰ If the sister's attachment wasn't to the extreme then the show would not work because the promos generated that curiosity about two sisters who can't live without each other. The writers have to make that convincing hence they could not show a normal loving relationship between Manvi-Jeevika...! It had to be magnifed!

Haha really? Should have read all the comments before so but I was so tired that I didn't want to...3 pages! :P True, it had to be maginified or else it wouldn't have been as convincing. :)
LOL you explained it better than I did anyway ;)

You know Viren is so sweet and understanding that it makes me wonder how much will it take of this sister love to tip him off the edge ðŸ¤£
@Reemz--Thanks for that link that Anu had uploaded. I had seen that scene before. It was genuinely such a sweet and heart touching moment.

@Manvi-Jeevika-- yeah it's a combo of everything maternal, sisterly and friendly. But at times it seems to lay heavy on maternal end than other 2 ends while other times, especially during the lighter and happier moments, it tends to be more friendly and sisterly than maternal. Either way, it's still quite endearing.
Edited by Ramy25 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by *Reemz*

LOL you explained it better than I did anyway ;)

You know Viren is so sweet and understanding that it makes me wonder how much will it take of this sister love to tip him off the edge ðŸ¤£

Haha, I'm sure you explained it well too! ;)

Omg I know right, I'm so curious!! Tbh, I'd personally get pretty annoyed by now if I was him.😆 But he's Viren- I'm actually really looking forward to see for how long can he handle it! :P
Edited by kasharti1 - 12 years ago
He did get slightly ticked off when Jeevika mentioned about Manvi living with her after marriage but that was an accidental slip of tongue.

Ramy, totally agree! BTW your dabba is heartbreaking </3 It was an end of an era.
Thanks for all of your comments. 

I agree with everyone that not every show needs to be super realistic - if that's what we wanted then might as well stick to reality shows. However, I do think that it would be really cute if they showed Maanvi and Jeevika bickering all the time and then making up immediately. That's true sisterly love! I know so many sisters who are close in age that always fight but can't go to sleep upset with each other so one always ends up going and apologizing to the other. If something like that was shown it would be funny and cute!  I do find that when sisters have a larger gap in age, it's less bickering and more pampering from the elder sister! (Have experienced that with my oldest sister) Still loving the show though!

Also, whoever said that she is the older sister and is always trying to hug her younger sisters - I can relate completely!!!! My eldest sister used to always try and hug and me without letting go. She would then laugh while I struggled to get away from her! 
Edited by aewa - 12 years ago