Page 1 of 6

Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 2 Page 6

aewa

aewa

Posted: 03 November 2011 at 2:11pm | IP Logged
Hey everyone,

So I'm totally enjoying this new show, like everyone on this forum. However, what draws me to this show is not the chemistry between the sisters, rather it's the chemistry between Viren/Jeevika and especially Virat/Maanvi.

Don't get me wrong, the sister bonding shown is cute but I do find it a bit unbelievable. I understand that they lost their parents so Jeevika looks at Maanvi in a maternal way but I still feel that sisters don't act the way they do. I have two sisters myself (both elder to me), who I love and cherish. That being said, whenever we are together, we don't just hug each other and wipe each others teary faces. We bicker, joke, and do nautanki together. They do also reprimand me immediately if I do something blatantly wrong. They don't quietly watch a spectacle unfold if I acting completely irresponsible, such as when Maanvi pretended to be Jeevika when Viren first came to see her. I know that a small part of Maanvi may not have wanted the wedding herself initially as she did not want to be separated from Maanvi but this was not as important to her as making sure that Beeji was happy. Although she was unhappy with the circumstances, she still went along with Maanvi's childish behaviour, making her equally responsible for what went on. 

The relationship shared between sisters isn't perfect in reality, but that's what makes this relationship so beautiful. Despite the constant bickering and fights, the love between sisters is unlike anything in the world. I personally don't even remember the last time that I hugged  one of my sisters (and she still lives in this house) and Jeevika and Maanvi can't let go of each other ever episode!!

Now again, I am not bashing the show, the CVs, or the actors, I'm simply expressing a small displeasure of mine. I feel that shows need to be more realistic nowadays! They need to look at real relationships and families to understand how they actually work. Do modern and educated families such as Viren's, still follow every single "parampara" so rigidly? WHO DOESN'T LIGHT UP PATAKAS ON DIWALI??

Ok, I think I'm going waaay off tangent now, but I do feel relieved. This was an excellent opportunity to vent.

Your comments are more than welcome. If you have a sister, is your bond with her just as it is portrayed in the show? I'm curious to know if I am the only one that sees things like this!!

P.S. Please ignore any typos or if something doesn't make sense here and there. I don't see the point of editing something if it was meant to be a vent because those were words straight out of the heart Wink

Rabia

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

saarrthiispyaarBhavyaRedysabeehaameesha_14kinshukkiaashiqscent_flowermasinNirjhor105xxXSejalXxxwadi..dollshivani003ayesha_80-Kruti.S-.GrangerMalfoy.desi chicNymerianikita_88AreYaar

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Are real sisters really like JEEVI?" in Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Reemz*

IF-Stunnerz

*Reemz*

Posted: 03 November 2011 at 2:24pm | IP Logged
No real life sisters aren't like Manvi-Jeevika. I have two sisters and I do pamper my younger one a lot and try to hug her because she is my little baby but she doesn't always let me Tongue

But this show isn't trying to depict reality. If that was the case then Viren-Jeevika wouldn't be this 'sweet' because usually you only see that in Rajshri films. If I saw a couple like that in real life, I'd be like 'are you serious?? why be so cheesy?' but when I watch the scenes on-screen they seem adorable. Nor do real life couples bicker like Virat and Manvi, it's never that exaggerated. But in the fictional world, everything is magnified and in this show I think it is NECESSARY to show the two sisters so involved with each other because of what is going to come in the future. I remember reading an article which said that their bond will take them to unthinkable extremes (not sure how valid the article was) so it makes sense that Manvi and Jeevika are portrayed like one soul who do hug and wipe each others tears. But who said they don't have fun? Of course they do! Manvi's always making Jeevika laugh but they've had fights too. They get angry with each other and that's been visible since the first episode but at the same time their love is larger than life  and they're very very dependant  on each other because that is what is required in this show. It's actually a love story of two sisters more than anything else so even their emotions are enlarged.

Hope I made sense :\ 

Edited by *Reemz* - 03 November 2011 at 2:29pm

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

aewaSM28ameesha_142cute4u_22sravssNirjhor105christiandior.Nidhirjgptshivani003wadi..doll-Kruti.S-isomers-DavneetKaur-Nymeria..-Jia-..AreYaar

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 03 November 2011 at 2:49pm | IP Logged
I think there are varying kinds of relationships b/w sisters...it's something that only those two ppl can really understand...it's mad in it's own special way for each set of sisters...lol...

I have a younger sister and I identify with some aspects of Jeevika's protectiveness towards Maanvi and her exasperation with Maanvi's silly antics which always land her in trouble...

But beyond that there are no similarities...I think real life sisters fight MUCH MUCH more than they've shown in the case of Jeevika-Maanvi...lol...but at the same time they are just as quick to make up as well.

Reemz makes a good point about it all being larger than life and exaggerated for story purposes obviously...I guess because Jeevika has almost been a mother in many ways to Maanvi and so Maanvi is FIERCELY protective of her and dependent on her...that is why she gets so sappy over her all the time...lol

I don't know where the story of this show is headed but these were my observations based on what I've seen in the show currently.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

aewaameesha_14kinshukkiaashiqNirjhor105-Kruti.S-isomersNymeria..-Jia-..*Reemz*

kinshukkiaashiq

Goldie

kinshukkiaashiq

Posted: 03 November 2011 at 2:56pm | IP Logged
yeh real sisters are awesume
i got two sisters one big one small than me one year and its sooo fun wen we 3 are in one room awesume yaar
we sisters are like
            clothes barrowers
            fit throwers
            cover stealers
           secret keepers
          an enemy, a friend,
           a convorsation without end,
           sassy,bossy,silly,fussy
           pretty and sweet
       tea partys with treats
dress up, mess up, fess up, get punished,
fights over nothing, sharer of dreams
a headache, a pain, she gets spoiled again,
a princess, a brat, she ruined my hat,
i love them, , i tease them, i kiss them,
dont know what will i do without them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

aewaameesha_14

*Reemz*

IF-Stunnerz

*Reemz*

Posted: 03 November 2011 at 2:56pm | IP Logged
OMG Nur...!! I had a big grin when I saw your name ROFL I can't talk Galool anymore because it depresses me :( But it's so nice to see you here! I won't be that active but if you're around then it'll be good :)

You don't get siblings trying to break their own sisters marriages but for Manvi it was like her world is coming to an end and I guess the only way she came round it was when she realised that Jeevika will be happy in this new life. In real life, two sisters would have to live apart eventually but Manvi-Jeevika won't be.

I think Jeevika-Manvi's essence is very relatable to sisters who love each other very much. Like there are scenes like where Jeevika drags Manvi out of the bed by the feet which is a very sister thing to do. They don't just cry :P

Edited by *Reemz* - 03 November 2011 at 2:58pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AreYaar

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 03 November 2011 at 3:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Reemz*

OMG Nur...!! I had a big grin when I saw your name ROFL I can't talk Galool anymore because it depresses me :( But it's so nice to see you here! I won't be that active but if you're around then it'll be good :)

You don't get siblings trying to break their own sisters marriages but for Manvi it was like her world is coming to an end and I guess the only way she came round it was when she realised that Jeevika will be happy in this new life.

I think Jeevika-Manvi's essence is very relatable to sisters who love each other very much. Like there are scenes like where Jeevika drags Manvi out of the bed by the feet which is a very sister thing to do. They don't just cry :P

LOL it's ok yaar...activity has been slow on those threads in general anyways...it's inevitable...everyone moves on sooner or later anyways...but yeah we do keep Galool-ing whatever little we canLOL

I've been watching some random shows for timepass since the past few days and happened to get a glimpse of this show so just started watching itLOL...my sister's nickname is also ManuLOL...Watching the Jeevika-Maanvi scenes just makes me miss her more :((

Yeah the actresses are doing a good job portraying the bonding b/w the sisters...it seems natural and like real life in the little little things like you pointed out the dragging out of bed...or Maanvi acting bratty sometimes and wanting her didi to make her halwa...lol

Yeah hopefully we'll catch up more often in this forum then :-) Hope work's going well for you :-)

Nymeria*Reemz*

*Reemz*

IF-Stunnerz

*Reemz*

Posted: 03 November 2011 at 3:07pm | IP Logged
Awww your sisters nickname is Mannu? Then the scenes would seem even more close to home. I had this week off  work so had time but from next week back to slaving away :( Anyway...!

I watch the show for the sisters and till their essence remains, I will continue to watch it too. When it comes to romance, I've seen the best love stories now so don't feel the same  pull in this show :)

Hope you're doing good :)))

Edited by *Reemz* - 03 November 2011 at 3:08pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AreYaar

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 03 November 2011 at 3:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Reemz*

Awww your sisters nickname is Mannu? Then the scenes would seem even more close to home. I had this week off  work so had time but from next week back to slaving away :( Anyway...!

I watch the show for the sisters and till their essence remains, I will continue to watch it too. When it comes to romance, I've seen the best love stories now so don't feel the same  pull in this show :)

Hope you're doing good :)))

Yeah I'm doing good as well :-)

Yeah I noticed you always like sister bonding...even in MJHT, you were like the lone member in that forum making threads on Nupur-GunjanLOL...

True about feeling like you've seen everything and anything when it comes to romance on desi TV...predictable in many waysLOL

The show is decent for now...I like the acting of the actress playing Maanvi...she's exuberant and spontaneous and shows some range in her emotional scenes too.

Nymeria*Reemz*

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.