Kahiin To Hoga (Kahin To Hoga)
Kahiin To Hoga (Kahin To Hoga)

TV Gupshup from indiantelevision.com

Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 05 March 2005 at 6:26am | IP Logged

Aamna's dilemma

First, it was Rajeev Khandelwal. Now it's Aamna Shariff. Rumours are flying thick and fast that Aamna is packing up her bags in Kahiin To Hoga. Why? We do not know. Perhaps because she is not happy with the script, the focus having shifted on Surveen, Chaitanya, Shabbir, Poonam, Deepak Parasher and Anju Mahendroo. Quite a long list, eh!

Think of it, the serial started with the entire focus on Rajeev, Aamna and Rohit. Well, Rajeev returned back to where he belonged after a long debate and turmoil with his ownself. The buzz is Rajeev, after his return, has promised just 10 days to Balaji every month, which accounts for a dreased Sujal presence on the late night show.

As for Aamna, let's see what happens. Will she manage a similar agreement with the production house and take up other projects? How much weight do these rumours have? Will she? Won't she? Time will tell.

Figure it out!

Asavari Joshi is back after a hiatus on Star Plus' LOC. She wanted to come back with a bang after her year long disappearance. But could she? Apparently not. Her three year long efforts to transform herself into a slim and trim figure to bag roles of younger characters have not reaped fruit. She is back on screen playing matured roles on Sabse Bada Ruppaiyya on Sab TV and LOC on Star Plus. But the actress hasn't lost hope. "I do not expect to gain in one day," she asserts.

Asavari Joshi known for her comedy role in Office Office has done serious roles in Marathi theatre too. She says, "I would love to play serious roles on screen too. But I have not been offered any." Hmm, we guess that's the reason she has floated her own event management company. She is to be seen in Waqt releasing next week.

Surveen's loss, Shweta's gain
------------------------------------------------
Guess who was the first choice for the Lux commercial with Aishwarya Rai? Not Shweta Agarwal (Nikki of Dekho Magar Pyar Se) who shakes a leg in red with Rai, but the Punjabi kudi Surveen Chawla (Charu of Kahiin To Hoga)! The girl wanted to do ads, but before she got her first assignment, she was in the thick of things at Ekta Kapoor's studios. Considering the fact that now she has been asked to do duty in Kasautii... as well (Prerna and Bajaj's daughter), chances of squeezing in time to do ads seem to have been ruled out. "I know," admits Surveen. "But I am very happy doing two serials which have made me a household name."

Chaitanya's no to Kaarthika
----------------------------------------------
On the other hand, here's looking at her serial mate Chaitanya (Akshat of Kahiin To Hoga for you). Bet you didn't know this! The guy made his debut in the entertainment industry in Dev Anand's Love At Times Square.
Then he did Kalpana Lajmi's Kyun. Both films bit the dust. But destiny hadn't closed its doors on him. Balaji Telefilms called. In fact, they also wanted him to do the lead role in Hungama's Kaarthika. Chaitanya politely turned it down, since he thought that he was still learning! Ekta Kapoor took it pretty lightly, didn't she?

Clash of titans on Zee
------------------------------------
Guess where Ketan Mehta's serial, based on the lines of 24 Hours being pitched. Zee TV! While Akashdeep Saigal (Anshof Kyunki...) will play Osama Bin Laden's son, Rajeev Khandelwal will play the guy who is assigned the task of pinning him down! The romantic Sujal is all set to become an action oriented macho!
Quite a transformation! Think of it, he was desperately looking for one for quite a while, wasn't he?

Purab & Jassi in Mauritius
------------------------------------------
Star goes to Malaysia this weekend for Kasauti..., but arch rival Sony has stolen a march. The Jassi... unit is already in Mauritius! The country has been chosen to highlight Samir Soni's (Purab) re-entry into the show. Says Samir, "I don't know which direction the track is going to take, but I am sure that it's going to be even bigger and better this time." Samir explains that his character would be re-introduced in Mauritius. "Jassi will be in Mauritius for a work trip," he says, "Purab too will be there for his own work at the same time and our characters will bump into each other." Quite similar to how Prerna (Shweta Tiwari) and Anurag (Cezanne Khan) have been planned to meet in Star's Kasauti... eh!

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top