Kareena scores a 4th century ??? - article - Page 3

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by sweet coco

but she has the scope for Meryl Streep but settles for Megan Fox!

quote of the day  πŸ‘

Personally, I thought she outshone the hero in this one. I felt like she was the Salman in the movie and Shahid was her Katrina kaif. πŸ˜†

Thats true t, I was being nice to him as he gets beaten up here alot by membersπŸ˜†πŸ˜†  He really has only 3 good movies Vivaah, Kaminey, and Jab we met..But ya this is the movie that put her back on track and started her to get "IN' with the Khans...Otherwise Rani and Preity were their choices , and Preity decided  to chase IPL rather then reinvent and Rani just could not sustain...
Edited by wat_up - 12 years ago
GO BEBO!! She is truly the #1 actress right now! No doubt in that!!
Originally posted by bamboocopter

quote of the day  πŸ‘

I take a bow!! Means a lot when it comes from the Master!πŸ˜†
Originally posted by wat_up

Thats true t, I was being nice to him as he gets beaten up here alot by membersπŸ˜†πŸ˜†  He really has only 3 good movies Vivaah, Kaminey, and Jab we met..But ya this is the movie that put her back on track and started her to get "IN' with the Khans...Otherwise Rani and Preity were their choices , and Preity decided  to chase IPL rather then reinvent and Rani just could not sustain...

Awww! Yes, you def were nice! I adore him too, especially after that Simi interview...but I really was irritated by his character in JMW--I hated him the first 45 mins and then didn't care for him the next 1 and then settled for him for the rest of film. πŸ˜†

I like him more in "manly" characters or ones with loads of attitude!😳

True, true...she jumped on the bandwagon b/c it took Katrina's career to a whole new level. I really think she studied her choices of films and decided to more commercial cinema. I am so glad she is doing more female centric parts in the future. But my favorite Kareena films are Chameli, Dev, and Omkara. 

as much as i agree with her not doing any "meaningful roles or cinema",just giving my 2 cents on the other side of the coin here

...honestly, which heroine ever gave blockbusters without a strong male lead by her side? I think the last time a "hardcore" female centric film achieved a blockbuster status was Mother India...and tht was in the 1950s...the rest have all either flooped, or have achieved a "superhit" status at the very most...

Most of hindi cinemas biggest blockbusters: Sholay, DDLJ, 3 idiots, Dabangg, Bodyguard, Ready, Gadar,Lage raho munna bhai, Om shanti Om, Dhoom 2,welcome, Singh is king, Robot...u name it...have pretty precious little for the female lead to do and were always carried forward by the male superstar and his charaisma, fan following and star power. The women didnt have complex multidimensional charactersto portray...they mostly played love interest to the hero or a tv serial type stock character who was "pati vrata sati savirti" types...or if neither, they just had to look hot...

Heroines do such films to increase their brand power and star value. That helps them get an audience who would actually watch them in a female centric film in the future. Given that heroines are given such a raw deal at the box office these days, its important for them to set such a foundation so that producers actually sign them for their movies without fearing the risk of a flop. 

Take katrina kaif for example...playing a barbie doll was exactly how she started of...her first few blockbusters had nothing for her to do...but they increased her star power...they increased her craze amongst the audience...and now, shes literally SAVING careers box office wise (Ranbir with APKGK and Raajeneeti, Imran with MBKD,Akki with her Sheila ki jawaani in TMK)..etc etc...now shes at tht stage wherein ppl say tht if a film runs at the box office, it runs coz of a certain katrina kaif...Other actresses who have done the so called "meaningful  cinema" have rarely commanded that amount of consistent dominance at the box office, which is a man's world...
I don't disagree Smartie with that you said, but I think if there is someone who could change that it would be Kareena...just b/c she is so versatile and a powerful performer. (I'm actually complimenting her--it's not a back hand one, but a genuine one, before fans attack me)😳

And true it's a man world, but it doesn't mean the powerful women that can actually make a difference, not try at all. Either way, fans will support her no matter what and non-fans will not. Let's just agree to disagree. πŸ˜ƒ

I guess I'm just fed up with movies that aren't that GREAT doing so well and films that are actually GREAT never get that same attention. 
Well said Smarie!

Btw, cant this be consdiered having some sorta starpower or being a cause for a film's success.
 I read so many tweets like this one!

thevimalpatel Vimal Patel
how cud I forget to mention...go Ra.one for beautiful and darling #kareena <3 <3 <3 looks stunning!!
Edited by desigal90 - 12 years ago

I don't disagree Smartie with that you said, but I think if there is someone who could change that it would be Kareena...just b/c she is so versatile and a powerful performer. (I'm actually complimenting her--it's not a back hand one, but a genuine one, before fans attack me)😳

And true it's a man world, but it doesn't mean the powerful women that can actually make a difference, not try at all. Either way, fans will support her no matter what and non-fans will not. Let's just agree to disagree. πŸ˜ƒ

I guess I'm just fed up with movies that aren't that GREAT doing so well and films that are actually GREAT never get that same attention. 

oh yeh yeh coco...i gotcha...i just had something more to say so i added it on. 

Yeh hopefully,she will try to make a difference with Dhuan, Agent vinod and Heroine...but something makes me think shes doing all this to get her last stab at being so Boxofficically powerful before getting married...coz after marriage, shes either gonna be too busy chipkooing onto saif, or not be soo much in demand (coz a 30+ married actresse's demand reduces considerably naa...especially in such glamourous movies... ) ...i dunt think shes gonna be around soo much for long...

oh BTW...Desu...our dream came true...She IS playing a schizophrenic in Heroine...its confirmed apparently...

Originally posted by desigal90

Well said Smarie!

Btw, cant this be consdiered having some sorta starpower or being a cause for a film's success.
 I read so many tweets like this one!

thevimalpatel Vimal Patel
how cud I forget to mention...go Ra.one for beautiful and darling #kareena <3 <3 <3 looks stunning!!

ok dunt judge me but i tweet searched evil kareena...and this is wht came up...cool na...

• Tweets 

• Refine results
cuteevidhi vidhi 
@pankajvermma yes the end scene of kareena driving the train and turning evil was awesome... @iamsrk stunts too were amazing :)
KisuLovesBebo Mrs. Imran Khan 
RT @AswinShobhan: Ra.One making Kareena Kapoor drive a train instead of killing Pratiek was #brilliantly Evil. #epic #Ra.One
ChandansCharm Chandan Tiwari 
@KareenaK_FC Kareena gets lot of scope to show her versatility. She's funny, emotional, dramatic, kickass, hot, evil -all in just one movie.
Sajid_Hossain Sajid 
Here's our evil Kareena from #Ra1 people ;) yfrog.com/nvb9jwj
AtTiTuDeKnIgHt Kareena Kapoor Fan 
@KisuLovesBebo Yes, the evil Kareena. She's fab in it.
ct

Veenu_ub Vinay Ranjan 
Darling of Flick RT:@aimeyeteaa "Kareena 's small scene widnegative role is a welcome,Lady I would like to see you in anegative role soon"
iShaharyar_MD Mohammad Shaharyar 
I wish she wud be in that negative character for more time .she is kickass in that 30 sec part #kareena #Ra.One
iShaharyar_MD Mohammad Shaharyar 
But theres a catch.. when Kareena transforms into a negativecharacter just for 30 secs then u know y she is the best actress ever #Ra.One
iamangana ANGANA DAS 
Kareena Kapoor looked BEAUTIFUL and was apt for the role..liked her and her negative performance for those 5 min was just fantastic #Ra1