Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DulceAmor thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: m4manju

awesome 😳 thank god i found this OS else wld have missed something so beautiful on arsh 😳 do PM me when u write more on arsh pls 😊

Thanks for reading it and taking the time to comment. I am pleased you thought it was beautiful; that's such a compliment. 😳 Oh sure, I will certainly PM you whenever I write on them again. Thanks for liking my work and wanting to read more. 😳
fri42911 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
superbly written!!!!!!!!
please do write more and pm me when you do.
DulceAmor thumbnail
Originally posted by: fri42911

superbly written!!!!!!!!

please do write more and pm me when you do.

Thank you so much! I will definitely let you know next time I post an OS or FF. 😳
DulceAmor thumbnail

Thank you!
monamie111 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow..dis is such a beautiful, lovely story of ArSh..😊
I loved loved loved it Anu!..gr8t job..👏
but i don kno what is the full form of OS?..😛
but i have read dis kind of short stories on KaSh before..
a very belated happy birthday to Sri..😊
KaSh\ArSh Forever..
DulceAmor thumbnail
Originally posted by: monamie111

Wow..dis is such a beautiful, lovely story of ArSh..😊

I loved loved loved it Anu!..gr8t job..👏
but i don kno what is the full form of OS?..😛
but i have read dis kind of short stories on KaSh before..
a very belated happy birthday to Sri..😊
KaSh\ArSh Forever..

Awww Mona, thank you so much hun!!!! 😳  I am delighted that you enjoyed it so much. OS = One Shot.  Like a short story, only just one part long. I will be adding an epilogue though, so I guess then this will become a short story too. 😃
DulceAmor thumbnail
Hey all, well first of all I want to thank everyone who commented and pressed the like button for this OS. Your response has been totally overwhelming and I am thrilled that you all loved it so much. Thank you all! 🤗 
Now, I was asked to do an epilogue. The following text hardly qualifies as an epilogue...it's actually more like a second chapter, so I am gonna compromise and call it the conclusion lol. Anyways, I don't know if it is of the same standard as the first part. I had to write it all in one day as I've been busy lately, so please forgive any errors. I do hope you will enjoy it and that it will live up to everyone's expectations.
😳

Epilogue

Sunlight was streaming through her open window when Shilpa woke the next morning. For a few minutes she just lay there, enjoying the feeling of the rays on her skin. They were warm, stroking across her cheeks and down the arm that was outside her duvet cover like a caress, like Armaan's fingers last night.

In an instant she was sitting upright, gasping for breath. Her heart thumped hard against her ribcage as everything from the night before came flooding back to her. She remembered how he'd held her so close while they danced, the way his dark eyes had smouldered from behind his mask, the rich sound of his voice, and finally how he'd kissed her. Her lips tingled and she pressed her fingers to them almost wondrously, little goose bumps breaking out all down her arms.

"Was it a dream?" she murmured to herself. Glancing about her sun-kissed room that morning she could hardly believe that she'd behaved so recklessly. It wasn't in her nature to kiss strange guys after knowing them less than half an hour. She glanced down at her bracelet which was firmly attached to her wrist again. Placing her index finger under the little 'S', she moved it so the diamond stones caught the sunlight, throwing out their multi-coloured prism of light. As she gazed at it, she recalled how Armaan had tied it about her wrist after their kiss, his fingers brushing against her skin as he did so. The memory of the intense way he'd looked at her, like she was some goddess or something, made her shiver again and with a sharp intake of breath she threw back the covers and went for a shower.

When she came back she strode purposefully over to her wardrobe to choose her clothes for work. Her shift started at the hospital in an hour and she had to be there on time. But as she stood there in front of the railing, staring at her dresses, her hair dripping water down her back, all she could seem to focus on was the way Armaan had taken her hand and walked her outside. She'd never imagined that holding a guy's hand could feel so intimate, but her fingers laced through his had seemed like a kind of embrace. What had surprised her the most, however, had been how right it had felt to hold his hand. She had expected to feel embarrassed but it had been the most natural thing in the world.

Stop day-dreaming, she ordered herself, snatching one of her favourite dresses off the rail. She pulled it over her head and turned on the radio, hoping that some music would distract her mind. But the songs that morning were all romantic and her mind kept stubbornly returning to the moment she parted with Armaan on the street outside the hotel. They'd gazed at each other for a long moment, neither of them wanting to leave but knowing that they had to. For one, crazy moment, she'd almost asked him to come with her, but she'd quickly chased that thought away. Instead she had smiled and said good night and he'd told her he'd call her, but she knew what that meant. It was the oldest lie in the dating rule book. There was no way in hell she'd ever hear from him again and she didn't care. No, she didn't care one little bit. She wasn't feeling depressed or hoping for some miracle chance encounter in the street. It had been one night out of a fairytale and now this Cinderella had to get on with her real life.

If only it was that simple, a traitorous voice in her head whispered.

With an irritated shake of the head she left her bedroom and went to have breakfast. She snatched some toast and a glass of orange juice and then she headed for the door, deciding that a brisk walk in the morning sunshine would help clear her head.

As soon as she exited her apartment building she stopped dead, unable to believe what she was seeing. There, across the street, leaning against the hood of a red Jaguar, was the last person she had ever expected to see. Her heart did a somersault as her eyes swept over him, taking in his loose fitting jeans and ripped grey t-shirt that clung to his strong shoulders and showed off his biceps. Those eyes travelled up, over the strong jaw, the sensual lips which were curved in a mischievous grin, baring two adorable dimples that set her pulse fluttering, and up to the dark-tinted sunglasses hiding his eyes. On cue he reached up and slipped the sunglasses off and she found herself staring into those sparkling blue eyes once more.

"Armaan?" Her voice was barely more than a whisper. Actually, she was having trouble breathing. Her lungs felt all tight and her head was all woozy like she was about to pass out. She put a hand on the wall just in case.

Armaan's smile widened and he straightened up, ruffling a hand through his hair. Now that he was here he felt a little uncertain of himself. He'd woken that morning with a lazy smile on his face, his head full of her – her deep, enchanting eyes, the feel of her body close to his, the taste of her lips – and he'd known that he had to see her again. He had her number, but he hadn't wanted to call her; he'd wanted to surprise her. Looking up her address on the net had been easy and as soon as he'd showered he'd driven over here, hoping that he hadn't missed her.

Now that she was standing a little away from him, however, he suddenly didn't quite know what to do or what to say. His mind seemed to be having trouble forming a coherent thought. All he could do was gaze at her, admiring the way the sun made her hair look glossier and brought out the midnight blue tones in it. It didn't help that he had butterflies dancing about in the pit of his stomach. Where had they come from, he wondered? He never got nervous, especially not around girls. Wherever he went he was known as the charmer, the Lothario. Women fell at his feet just from one wink. And yet, looking at Shilpa, he felt like none of that counted for anything. Somehow she was different and he knew all his usual tricks wouldn't work on her. Besides, for whatever random reason, he didn't want to use them on her. He just wanted to be near her, to get to stare at her, to hear her voice.

"Hey," he finally managed to say. He cleared his throat and walked across the street until he was standing in front of her. She gazed up at him, her eyes impossibly wide. She reminded him of a little kitten. "Surprise!"

"What...what are you doing here?" Shilpa stammered. The scent of his aftershave was wafting over her, making her pulse speed up for some reason.

"Oh..." Armaan gave her a slightly goofy grin, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "I left something with you last night. I came to get it back."

She frowned, trying to think what it could be that he was referring to. "I don't remember seeing anything in my purse," she told him, opening it just to check. She glanced up at him every now and again as she spoke. "What was it? I certainly don't see anything here. Are you sure you left it with me? I don't remember you giving me anything."

She was so busy rummaging in her purse that she didn't see him take a step toward her. She felt it when his hand grabbed the back of her neck and pulled her towards him, though, but before she could even breathe his lips were against hers. Under normal circumstances she would have jerked back and slapped him for behaving so freshly with her, but the feel of those soft lips next to her own sent shoots of warm pleasure down her nerve ends, melting any resistance. With a small sigh she leaned into him, kissing him back.

He pulled back after a minute, but not far. Their foreheads were practically touching and she could feel his breath on her lips, feel his words touch them when he spoke. "My heart. I left my heart with you."

"Armaan?" She met his sapphire eyes, searching them for some sign that he was teasing her, but all she saw there was sincerity. Her heart began to stutter. "What are you saying?"

"I know it sounds corny," he replied. "But last night, when we met, I feel like it was destiny. I was so bored, thinking how I never meet anyone that I can connect with, and then suddenly you were there. And ever since I haven't been able to stop thinking about you. I had to come and see you this morning. I needed to know if you felt something special happened last night too."

Heat swept into Shilpa's cheeks and she lowered her eyes. A cynical part of her mind warned her not to put any faith in what Armaan was saying, but she ignored it. She'd seen the earnestness in his eyes, could feel the truth of his words in his touch, had felt it in his kiss. Only minutes before she had been lamenting the end of her fairytale and now her prince was here, saying all this to her. That couldn't be a coincidence, she decided.

"I think I found your bracelet for a reason last night," Armaan continued, stroking his fingers down to her jaw line. "I didn't know it till then, but all this time I have felt there was something missing from my life, some piece that didn't quite fit. And then I saw you last night and I knew... All this time I was searching for someone to share my life with, and it might sound crazy, but that someone is you, Shilpa."

"It doesn't sound crazy," she told him, reaching up and catching his hand in her own. She stared into his eyes, marvelling at how the sunlight brought out lighter, almost grey tones in them. He's so handsome, she thought with a skip of the heart. How could I be this lucky? "I know what you mean. I'm an orphan. My father died when I was a little girl, my mother died ten years ago. Ever since I have felt alone in the world. There's never been anyone I could call my own."

She didn't know why she was telling him this. She never spoke about it to anyone. It was buried deep in her heart and she never allowed herself to even think about it for fear the fragile strength she'd built up would crumble. But suddenly, standing there in Armaan's arms, she needed someone else to understand. She needed him to understand.

"I know what it's like to search for something, all the while thinking you will probably never find it," she confessed. "I'm not normally so forward like I was last night. I've never let a strange guy kiss me before. But it didn't feel wrong and that's why I let you."

Armaan laced his fingers through hers, a gently smile touching his lips. Shilpa's eyes misted over, but she blinked the tears away.

"How did it feel?" he asked her, brows shooting up impishly. Shilpa's lips curved.

"Hmm...I think I need another kiss before I can answer that."

Armaan didn't even give her time to stop speaking before his lips were on hers again. They kissed, long and slow, wrapping their arms about each other, holding on tightly. When they pulled back both of them were grinning.

"Right," Shilpa whispered. "It feels right."

Armaan kissed her again quickly, then drew back and caught her hand. "So," he said, eyes sparkling. "Where do you want to go on our first date?"

"I have to work," she sighed. "My shift at the hospital starts in twenty minutes."

"Oh, I know," he told her, leading her towards his car. "Why else do you think you chauffer is here?" He opened the passenger side door and with a flourish of his arm, gestured for her to sit inside. She smiled at him, shaking her head slightly in amusement.

"Chauffer, eh?" she asked. "I like the sound of that."

"I'm at your beck and call twenty-four-seven, princess," he told her with a wink. Shilpa giggled and wrapped her arms about his neck.

"Oh, I hope so," she said. "But I warn you, I'm not easy to handle. I can be very demanding. You sure you won't get tired of me?"

Armaan circled her waist with his arms. "No. It took me too long to find you, so even if I have to spend forever enslaved to you, I don't care. I'm never letting you go."

"Neither will I," she declared, pressing her lips quickly to his before she got in the car. Armaan closed the door and got in the driver's side. As he started the engine, he turned to smile at her and she reached out and threaded her fingers through his. They both smiled at one another for a second and then they drove off into the future. A future together.

So that's officially The End. 😆  Do please comment/criticise/like. Thanks for reading.
debby_11 thumbnail
its a beautiful OS...their emotions are very well written
loved it :)

DulceAmor thumbnail
Originally posted by: choco_pie92

its a beautiful OS...their emotions are very well written

loved it :)

Thank you! I'm happy to hear that you felt I portrayed their emotions well. 😳
trouble_006 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 7
this was so so so amazing...so dreamy yet with a glint of reality...have read it thrice already...can't get enuf of it ...plz plz do write more n do add me in ur pm list