Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

Ahlaam5

IF-Rockerz

Ahlaam5

Posted: 15 May 2012 at 2:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Luv-Shonit

Snape is obviously good, even after all the stuff he did. I know some of the things he did was bad, like attempting to throw some creatures/insects on him, I think it was in OoP? He missed obviously but u can't blame him, he sees James in Harry. That doesn't mean his actions were justified but he also did some of the bad things coz he had to keep up his image as the bad guy, lets not forget he was undercover. 

Even If I don't agree with you on any of this, how did him bullying Neville  (a pureblood that would be welcomed in Voldemorts cause) keep up his image. That my dear was not an image, that was simply Snape.  All I have to say here is he bullied Neville to the point that he became the kid's Boggart. That just shows what a disgusting vile person he is. Snape is not 'obviously a good man' but he is neither an evil man.

'You can't blame him', this might surprise you but I can do that easily. Does Harry go around bullying other kids because he was bullied as a child aswell but no he doesn't. Snape could never grow up and see the difference b/w Harry and James and that entirely is his fault. I wish Snape just bullied Harry because while that is not justifiable, I could have overlooked it, but the biggest problem is that he bullied just about everyone he could except his precious Slytherins. The worst of his bullying behaviour was dealt to Neville, atleast Harry fought.

I hate this 'Snape just had to keep up an image' argument because Snape was a highly accomplished in Occlumency, he even surpassed Voldemort in that field so why did he need to bully children to 'keep up an image'.

Snape was bullied but in the end he turned into a bully as well. He basically bullied Harry coz his father bullied him. That is wrong, but then again what else would u do when the boy reminds u so much of the man she preferred to him.

Did Snape also love Alice Longbottom? And did she choose Frank Longbottom? If yes then I'll ignore his bullying behaviour towards Neville.

Did Snape also love Hermione's Mother? And did she choose Hermione's father over him? If yes then am also willing to overlook the bullying behavior towards Hermione

Do you see the problem with that argument you made? 
And since you have asked 'What else would you do?', Here's what I would do, I would grow up, I would not bully people because I more than anyone understands what being bullied feels like and I would never in a thousand years want to inflinct that kind of pain on anyone else.

Other than the constant bullying of Harry, I think Snape's actions were justified. I think Snape's biggest mistake was obviously being interested in the dark arts(joining the DE's) and the comment he made on her in the heat of the moment.

Yes, you are right! Snape had every right to threaten Neville with the death of his beloved pet, Snape also had every right to humiliate Hermione infront of her peers time and time again. Snape was justified in making them both cry or nearly cry and fear him (Neville). 

Well we all know why Dumbledore defended Snape, coz he was his spy and knew that he was good. 

Others didn't have the same view of him. Although, I blame Dumbledore for Snape's death, he asked him to kill Dumbledore so then Malfoy is saved but that cost Snape his life.Cry Also the fact that Arthur Weasley managed to survive Nagini's attack but Snape couldn't.Cry

In the end, Snape dying as a hero was a good point and Harry naming his son after him (its a middle name, but better than nothing). However it just makes me think and wish that he survived to live a new life being free, without responsibilities. Hopefully find love again.(that's probably wishing too much but I'm hopeless, in regards to SSLOL)

So, yes I think Snape's actions were justified. He basically had to pay with the rest of his life with the choice he made at a young age. CryCry

I know, I know its a big post but I'm just a big fan of SS Big smile and Alan Rickman!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "severus snape-good or evil? (Page 3)" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..nisaluvrk..

Goldie

..nisaluvrk..

Posted: 19 May 2012 at 12:37am | IP Logged

hey all...m new here...Smile

i wud say gudishly evil...!!!!!!

Simi_YaRaLover

Goldie

Simi_YaRaLover

Posted: 19 May 2012 at 2:12am | IP Logged
i love snape's character...  when i saw HBP and DH.. i realize how good he is... snape act like he hated harry but he cant.. he really dislike him but not hates him according to first part by hagrid...
harry remind him james and snape dont like james but he loved always lily thats why he always care for harry b/c he is lily's son..
i really inspire from his character.. i like his role..
i love snape all the time.. 

Firebolt

Goldie

Firebolt

Posted: 26 May 2012 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
Bad of course... Nothing he did will ever redeem him for what he was and the things he did.. He was a Death Eater.. He killed people.. he tortured them and did Voldemort's bidding... He is not some sort of a hero he was selfish and cruel... Just because he loved Lily doesn't make him a good person in any context.. Extending that argument one can also say Voldemort was justified because he was an orphan and didn't have any love... Strictly speaking of course... 

Snape is by far the most interesting HP character but he is also the character i hate the most... As Dumbledore said "It our choices that make us who we are." And he made the worst choices in the world. He chose to tell Voldemort about the prophesy on Harry... 

Oh my after such a long time, i'm talking Harry Potter...!!! This is so awesome.. especially since it's about Snape... This is like a mini party for me!LOL

twila

IF-Dazzler

twila

Posted: 28 May 2012 at 1:21am | IP Logged
Snape was (By my point of view) both, good and evil. Good, because he protected Harry as much as he could and evil because he taunted Harry thinking of him the same as James. Arrogant, Proud, Haughty (I don't think this, nor does J.K.R, only Snape thinks this).

bookworm-ALS--

IF-Stunnerz

bookworm-ALS--

Posted: 28 May 2012 at 9:43am | IP Logged
I don't think Snape should be judged anyway. He, like everyone else, had his failings when he chose the Dark Side, which was why his friendship broke with Lily. On the other hand, he did things which many members of the "Light" side could never have done...SO I guess we could call him grey.

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 30 May 2012 at 1:13pm | IP Logged
He has his good and bad points just like the rest of us. He was brave and highly intelligent but that still doesn't change the fact that he was a bully. The reasons might be profound and many for this but yeah...he was a terrible teacher. I've unfortunately had teachers like him in school and it was a painstaking experience dealing with those.

RadhapriyaG_01

RadhapriyaG_01

Posted: 01 June 2012 at 6:02am | IP Logged
I guess Snape was a bit of both. But he turned out to be a good guy in the end, so yeah, he's a good guy.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top