Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

-GredForge-

IF-Rockerz

-GredForge-

Posted: 31 October 2011 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lazzz

Snape is niether good nor bad he is... grey with both the shades dark and light bt i will call him a hero for what he did nd i love him for that!!!!!!!!
Severus SnapeHeart

love snape too! yea we cant really choose! if it would have been till 6th part then maybe we could have said he was evil but now?? no ways...he rocks!!! he is a herooo!Embarrassed

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "severus snape-good or evil? (Page 2)" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-GredForge-

IF-Rockerz

-GredForge-

Posted: 31 October 2011 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Savage

He was not good or evil, like Sirius illuminated us with the fact that everybody has light and dark within themselves, Snape's track record tells us more or less the same. DH, the books hints at a failing marriage of Severus's parents, all right. So, it would have been only too easy for him to be fascinated by the darker attributes of the wizarding world. 

hmm... personally i 2 think its mostly bcoz of his family with which he grew up that he turned out the way he was and joined the death eaters! well he must have heard from the start abt slythering frm his mother,eileen prince, who was a slytherin ,that thats the best house and naturally after joining it  and making frndz with the wrong ppl he turned if not evil but bad!so u c it was nowhere his fault! maybe he could have refused to be a death eater but lets not forget at that moment all slytherins must have talked abt nothing but being a death eater and he too was trapped in all of it and later when he realised wat he did it was too late to save the love of his life!Ouch
Severus Snape was a man merely in love. He knew how to love more than anybody in all the books. For, everything Snape happened to do was a byproduct of his undying sentiment for Lily Potter. Snape was not keen on loving Harry and most of my friends tell me even after reading the Prince's Tale that Snape never loved Harry, he plainly made it a point to protect him because of nothing but the color of his iris. I fail to understand why, though. I totally believe that Snape loved Harry and that he was one intelligent man not to carry that around on his sleeve but manifest his love into something more than just malicious against Harry. 

yesss even i believe snape loved harry! i have heard everyone saying that snape simply saved harry all the time bcoz he felt he owed it to lily! but i always believed snape did it bcoz he loved harry! though he was clever not to show it!

Snape had his reasons to not have anybody like him. He was not humble or helpful or sensitive when you first read him. Eventually, he came around as an amateur hater of Harry Potter. It was gradual, the development of his character. The reader can possibly never hate Snape for his manipulated demeanor even if they don't read his revelation and death in the last book. Snape was pure heart like most HP characters, he only chose to keep it in the dark simply because he survived under the warmth love for Lily and later Harry kindled in him. He was perennially pained and could not do anything about it. 

Snape was a man who made his fair share of mistakes, but what made him overcome the dark was love. So Snape tells me, love is powerful all right but it makes you look like a wasted-away case. Anyhow, I admire Severus Snape for his deeds which were not noble and which were not cunning. They were so because Snape knew how to love always

hmm... snape was the one in the entire series who actually knew what love was i suppose! he is a real hero and he rocks!
love severus snape!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

epiphany.

Luv-Shonit

IF-Dazzler

Luv-Shonit

Posted: 31 October 2011 at 5:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by taanu112

me 2!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love snape and alan rickman made him love even more!!!

Snape is intriguing as a character in the first place but Alan Rickman's portrayal just makes me think that he IS Snape. No one else could have portrayed Snape like him, in my view. Although I did like the look of Johnny Depp in Sleepy Hollow, with the dark hair and pale skin. Reminded me of Snape when it came on TV a few days ago. LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-GredForge-tiny15

Shagnika

IF-Rockerz

Shagnika

Posted: 09 November 2011 at 2:36pm | IP Logged
Thats my favourite topic Big smile Tongue I love discussing about Snape and Alan Rickman Star  The only man I can imagine as Snape ever !! ClapClap

Well, when I think of Snape, the first thought that comes to my mind is the famous saying - "Love makes us a better human being". Smile According to me, Snape was never a very good human being. He was boast-ful, proud of himself and considered himself different from the rest (which was true to some extent LOL). On top of that, the constant bullyings by James and Sirius surely made him even more hash by nature. His family background was also responsible for making him what he was. The hard hearted young guy! He always tried to keep himself in a shell, which added to his "hiding himself from the world" nature!

However, the only good thing that ever happened to him was meeting Lily.. and falling in love with her. It was an instant and a lifetime feeling for him ! Calling Lily a "mudblood" was a mistake, one cant always keep calm when he is angry and upset. I dont defend him, but thats how many people would behave when he or she is angry and upset to a level like that! His hatred for James was very well justifed. The bulleyings and on top of that James and Lily's relationship was enough to make him HATE James more than anyone on this planet !

Now coming to his feelings for Harry. Obviously, he would have hated Harry if Lily and James were both alive. However, the fact that Lily died in order to save Harry made him feel protective about Harry. After all, he cannot let Lily's death go in vain. And above all, he was guilty of Lily's death as well, Because after all it was he who had informed Voldemort about the prophecy ! He could never forgive himself for the mistake .. and this made him loyal to Dumbledore and his army, instead of Voldemort !! His sense of loyalty didnt just come out of love but also for his guilt feeling ! That made it stronger ...Smile

The way he treated Harry.. I feel it was very obvious. He could see James in front of his eyes.. someone whom he hated more than anyone else on this earth( for valid reasons of course) ! On top of it, he was helpless as he had an unwanted responsibility towards Harry !! It was his weakness which he never wanted to portray in front of anyone, not even to himself i guess! ... And also that he had to act to be the Bad Guy in front of the DE world !

He was partial towards the Slytherins, that goes with two reasons : One was that he was himself a Slytherin and was indeed a True Slytherin ! Also, he had to show to the people that he was a true Dark Lord's servant ! His bullying nature towards Neville, Hermoine, were all very natural ! He had a general hatred towards mudbloods, we all know that! After all, he was of such nature since his childhood. His beliefs and thoughts were still the same about the "mudbloods" and he was a harsh teacher as well. That explains the character of Snape well.

As i said, Dumbledore knew it perfectly well how to use Snape's weaknesses against Voldemort and for the world's benefit. Snape was a brave man... one of the bravest we have ever known. If he hadnt have loved Lily, we could easily imagine him to be the strongest player from Voldemort's army !! However,  Love surely made him a better human being...

Just 2 lines describe all about Snape ...

"After all this time...?" ... "ALWAYS"..Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Luv-Shonit-GredForge-

dazzlingflora

IF-Dazzler

dazzlingflora

Posted: 10 November 2011 at 10:57pm | IP Logged
I think he is both bad and good

-GredForge-

IF-Rockerz

-GredForge-

Posted: 12 November 2011 at 6:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by flora0880

I think he is both bad and good
acha?? in what way?lol 

dmgloverforever

dmgloverforever

Posted: 12 November 2011 at 4:30pm | IP Logged
Awesome Topic! Just what i was looking for!
I watched HP DH2 for the 4th time again and today i actually payed attention to all the other characters except for the trio &  i just couldn't help but appreciate Snape's character . Like How cool and noble was he! All the time I was wishing i cud save him.. and when harry is holding Snape's face, and snape is like You have ur mother s eyes. OMG. i was like all over my seat watching that. IT WAS SO POWERFUL! n that memory too when Snape sends his patronus to help  Harry. awww... Snape. Even tho i love all the Harry potter characters to bitz (whether good or bad) & for me all of them have their own significane but Snape is definately one the most interesting individual! 
For me he is Nothing But Good! Hez the most magnanimous, noble and herioc character and i couldn't stress that enough! He was a true lover, He didn't stop loving lilly even after she got married and protected Harry just because he was lily's son disregarding the fact tht he had james's blood in him too. That shows how greathearted he was!
He risked his life and pretended to be a death eater ,knowing if he gets caught , he cud be tortured to death that still didn't keep him from looking out for Harry!
He was truely a great soul! totallyy totallyy love his character! 

Serene..

Serene..

Posted: 03 March 2012 at 10:11am | IP Logged
neither good nor bad..but i like his love for lily.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sush_

Post Reply New Post

Go to top