Harry Potter

India-Forums

severus snape-good or evil?

-GredForge- IF-Rockerz
-GredForge-
-GredForge-

Posted: 29 October 2011 at 6:49am | IP Logged
hey alll!Big smileam back with another post!LOL

so we all know (except those who didnt read deathly hallows) abt why snape was evil and all his story and stuff!
do u think what snape did is justified? was he good? or was he evil? did he pretend or was it true?
one moment we see him evil always taunting harry and all and the next moment we see him protecting harry!
what do u think abt dumbledore defending snape all the time?
you can discuss all of it here!do share what u feel!:)
enjoyyy
madihaBig smile

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Luv-Shonitshivani003herms_angelepiphany.tiny15Varnita.-PhoenixD-bookworm-ALS--TarantallegraShru77

Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 29 October 2011 at 12:13pm | IP Logged
Good or Evil?? Why does he have to be either?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Morgoth--GredForge-

Luv-Shonit IF-Dazzler
Luv-Shonit
Luv-Shonit

Posted: 29 October 2011 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
Snape is obviously good, even after all the stuff he did. I know some of the things he did was bad, like attempting to throw some creatures/insects on him, I think it was in OoP? He missed obviously but u can't blame him, he sees James in Harry. That doesn't mean his actions were justified but he also did some of the bad things coz he had to keep up his image as the bad guy, lets not forget he was undercover. 

Snape was bullied but in the end he turned into a bully as well. He basically bullied Harry coz his father bullied him. That is wrong, but then again what else would u do when the boy reminds u so much of the man she preferred to him. Other than the constant bullying of Harry, I think Snape's actions were justified. I think Snape's biggest mistake was obviously being interested in the dark arts(joining the DE's) and the comment he made on her in the heat of the moment.

Well we all know why Dumbledore defended Snape, coz he was his spy and knew that he was good. Others didn't have the same view of him. Although, I blame Dumbledore for Snape's death, he asked him to kill Dumbledore so then Malfoy is saved but that cost Snape his life.Cry Also the fact that Arthur Weasley managed to survive Nagini's attack but Snape couldn't.Cry

In the end, Snape dying as a hero was a good point and Harry naming his son after him (its a middle name, but better than nothing). However it just makes me think and wish that he survived to live a new life being free, without responsibilities. Hopefully find love again.(that's probably wishing too much but I'm hopeless, in regards to SSLOL)

So, yes I think Snape's actions were justified. He basically had to pay with the rest of his life with the choice he made at a young age. CryCry

I know, I know its a big post but I'm just a big fan of SS Big smile and Alan Rickman!

Edited by Luv-Shonit - 29 October 2011 at 12:32pm

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

piggycluckLaks05printyayushiish_Jiya_shivani003Shagnika-GredForge-famzii05alishhhgujunpyoTarantallegraShru77

-PhoenixD- IF-Sizzlerz
-PhoenixD-
-PhoenixD-

Posted: 30 October 2011 at 3:28am | IP Logged
Snape is niether good nor bad he is... grey with both the shades dark and light bt i will call him a hero for what he did nd i love him for that!!!!!!!!
Severus SnapeHeart

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shivani003-GredForge-

epiphany. IF-Sizzlerz
epiphany.
epiphany.

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 30 October 2011 at 6:10am | IP Logged
He was not good or evil, like Sirius illuminated us with the fact that everybody has light and dark within themselves, Snape's track record tells us more or less the same. DH, the books hint at a failing marriage of Severus's parents, all right. So, it would have been only too easy for him to be fascinated by the darker attributes of the wizarding world. 

Severus Snape was a man merely in love. He knew how to love more than anybody in all the books. For, everything Snape happened to do was a byproduct of his undying sentiment for Lily Potter. Snape was not keen on loving Harry and most of my friends tell me even after reading the Prince's Tale that Snape never loved Harry, he plainly made it a point to protect him because of nothing but the color of his iris. I fail to understand why, though. I totally believe that Snape loved Harry and that he was one intelligent man not to carry that around on his sleeve but manifest his love into something more than just maliciousness against Harry. 

Snape had his reasons to not have anybody like him. He was not humble or helpful or sensitive when you first read him. Eventually, he came around as an amateur hater of Harry Potter. It was gradual, the development of his character. The reader can possibly never hate Snape for his manipulated demeanor even if they don't read his revelation and death in the last book. Snape was pure heart like most HP characters, he only chose to keep it in the dark simply because he survived under the warmth love for Lily and later Harry kindled in him. He was perennially pained and could not do anything about it. 

Snape was a man who made his fair share of mistakes, but what made him overcome the dark was love. So Snape tells me, love is powerful all right but it makes you look like a wasted-away case. Anyhow, I admire Severus Snape for his deeds which were not noble and which were not cunning. They were so because Snape knew how to love always

Edited by Savage - 11 November 2011 at 8:52am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

sulijmaShona_MayurLuv-ShonitShagnika-GredForge-Fangirl_Annieherms_angelgujunpyo

tiny15 IF-Sizzlerz
tiny15
tiny15

Posted: 31 October 2011 at 11:11am | IP Logged
Madiha gud topic!! though i don't think snape is evil but hes not even gud either!!
i can't justify his actions against any1 including harry. i always find it hard 2 believe that snape v.well knew that how insulting it is wen sum1 bullies any1 but still he bullies harry & even neville?? how can we justify it by saying that he bullies harry bcoz he sees in him the man whom lilly chose & who bullied him in the school time!!
i think Lupin rightly said in the PoA - Is a schoolboy grudge worth putting an innocent man back inside Azkaban" where it shows the true self of snape!!
why did snape always bullied Neville 2 the extent  that he made him nervous & never allowed him 2 b helped?? wat type of gudness is this?? just 2 retain his bad image why did he need 2 bully the innocent ppl or harm them!!
it means he never matured. his bad behaviour 2wards Sirius can b understandable but take 2 the nxt generation. i can't justify him. i can't justify his behaviour even 2wards Lupin.

i don't hate snape but i don't like him either. i appreciate his guts 4 being a spy but he became spy only after he came 2 know that it"ll harm the prsn whom he luvs oderwise  dumbledore wud'd never said that he doesn't care 4 lily's son & husband till he gets her!! then only he said abt saving all!AngryDeadDead
wats the use of saving harry if he has 2 make his life a hell?? who wants  such a hard life?? even vodemort wen possessed harry in the OoP & asked  dumbledore 2 kill harry if death is not 2 b feared but the moment harry said he wanted 2 die but pain shud b stopped voldemort released him!!so its really hard 2 live a life where sum1 is bulling!!

he may not b a villain but hes not even hero either. so i don't've any sympathy 4 him. even if he has kept his bullying 4 harry only then its understandable 2 sum extent but still i wudn't'd liked him but why neville, ron or hermoine??

just scolding phineas 4 calling hermoine "mud-blood" is not enough wen time & again by ur behaviour u insult her 4 being a muggle born indirectly!!

lily was right that why didn't he want 2 call her "mud-blood" wen he himself consider all muggle borns like this only! just bcoz he likes or frnds wid lily(in lily's opinion) he doesn't've prob wid her but apart from her after her death he never treated hermoine like oder students!!
imagine if he didn't fall in luv wid lily or even frnds wid her he wudn't'd cared 4 any muggle born or fighting 4 truth & he wud'd been proud deatheater like Lucious Malfoy & his family!!SleepySleepy

so most of the time snape disgusts me barring sum occasions!!
-GredForge- IF-Rockerz
-GredForge-
-GredForge-

Posted: 31 October 2011 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Darklord_Rehan

Good or Evil?? Why does he have to be either?
well wat acc to u he is?
-GredForge- IF-Rockerz
-GredForge-
-GredForge-

Posted: 31 October 2011 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Luv-Shonit

Snape is obviously good, even after all the stuff he did. I know some of the things he did was bad, like attempting to throw some creatures/insects on him, I think it was in OoP? He missed obviously but u can't blame him, he sees James in Harry. That doesn't mean his actions were justified but he also did some of the bad things coz he had to keep up his image as the bad guy, lets not forget he was undercover. 

yeah it was in ootp ! i agree !i think the main reason snape cant bring himself to like harry is that he sees james in harry who had bullied him soo much!

Snape was bullied but in the end he turned into a bully as well. He basically bullied Harry coz his father bullied him. That is wrong, but then again what else would u do when the boy reminds u so much of the man she preferred to him. Other than the constant bullying of Harry, I think Snape's actions were justified. I think Snape's biggest mistake was obviously being interested in the dark arts(joining the DE's) and the comment he made on her in the heat of the moment.
hmmm nice point! of course snapes biggest mistake was joining death eaters which made him loose lily! who knows they might have ended up together if snape had realised his mistake!well snape's action are kinda justifeid of bullying harry! though that was not correct i think he most of the times did it on purpose so as to not start liking harry or sumtihng? i dunno i have always felt that way! that just soo no one comes to know abt his double role he pretends most of the time to hate harry !

Well we all know why Dumbledore defended Snape, coz he was his spy and knew that he was good. Others didn't have the same view of him. Although, I blame Dumbledore for Snape's death, he asked him to kill Dumbledore so then Malfoy is saved but that cost Snape his life.Cry Also the fact that Arthur Weasley managed to survive Nagini's attack but Snape couldn't.Cry
i know! dumbledore is one of the reason snape died! it was sooo sad! when arthur survived why couldnt he? he too should have had a chance at living his life!

In the end, Snape dying as a hero was a good point and Harry naming his son after him (its a middle name, but better than nothing). However it just makes me think and wish that he survived to live a new life being free, without responsibilities. Hopefully find love again.(that's probably wishing too much but I'm hopeless, in regards to SSLOL)

it was sweet of harry to name his son after snape and then he later tells his son that snape was one of the bravest man he knew! yea snape should have been alive a lil longer...

So, yes I think Snape's actions were justified. He basically had to pay with the rest of his life with the choice he made at a young age. CryCry

hmm yeaa thats sad!

I know, I know its a big post but I'm just a big fan of SS Big smile and Alan Rickman!

me 2!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love snape and alan rickman made him love even more!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Luv-Shonit

Go to top