On a winning streak

• October 29, 2011 
  • By A. L. Chougule 
  • DC 
  • Hyderabad
A still from <i>Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behnaa Hai</i>
A still from Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behnaa Hai

Krystal D'souza
She was just 17 and a first-year junior college student when an offer for a TV show came her way. It was a golden opportunity for a glamour-enamoured Krystal D'souza. She grabbed it and never looked back.

"Acting happened by chance but I didn't want to let go of the opportunity because I always wanted to be in the glamour field," says the 21-year-old, who made her TV debut in Kahe Na Kahe in 2007.

"My plan was to complete my graduation and move into modelling as a stepping stone to TV or films. I hated maths and science so I couldn't have become a doctor or engineer."

She admits that she was very raw in her debut show. "Whether it was the looks, camera angles or how to say my lines, I knew nothing. But I worked hard and improved. l am still learning and improving with every show," she adds.

Krystal says she was better in her second Balaji serial, Kis Des Mein Hai Mera Dil. "I played a brat. The character was negative and it was a good learning experience," she recalls.

For a relative newcomer, Krystal says she hasn't done too badly. "In four years I have done three shows and now I am on to my fourth. I think that's a pretty good record considering the competition and steady influx of new faces in the industry," she reasons. Krystal is back on TV eight months after a long stint in Aahat. "I am feeling completely fresh, almost like a newcomer."

Playing the elder sister Jeevika, mother-figure to her sibling Maanvi in Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Haiwhich deals with the bond between sisters.

She says she likes this show because "it's so different. There is not much crying and no negativity. In fact, there is a lot of humour and comedy and it's quite pacy."

Nia Sharma
She's a lucky girl. In the last 15 months, Nia has done two back-to-back shows and after a short 20-day break, she is now doing the third.

The girl from Delhi, who debuted as the parallel lead in Kaali Ek Agnipariksha, is having a super time on TV.

"I am enjoying myself thoroughly. As soon as Kaali went off air, I got a cameo in Behenien where I played a complete brat. But Kaali was a big show for me. Playing Anu, protagonist Rachna's cousin who fights for justice against the powerful Thakral was the best start to my career," says the non-stop talker who plays the younger sister Maanvi in Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai.

How did she land the role? "Well, my name was suggested to the producer by Kaali's writer-producer Mrinal Jha. I gave an audition sometime back but there was some uncertainty. I am glad that it didn't get delayed too much because the character I play is very much like me," enthuses the chatty young actor.

Nia confesses that in real life she is clumsy and messy. "I blabber a lot, say nonsensical things and mess things up for everybody," she confesses. While life is hunky-dory for her now, she admits that it can't always be fun and frolic.

"I am an average girl but luck is favouring me. Right now I am having fun and enjoying my time. But things can get rough and I might go out of sight. I do think about it. But at the moment I am too busy living for the day instead of worrying about the future," she smiles.

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

gonte86blueberries.sparkling-star---Shweta---beintehaaZaYaDiorRouge.ClaraOswald.stardust-Rach-dc-Farrah-anjubalaxxXSejalXxx-Ravjot-Bazingaashalini_sLumzzpatakhaguddicuttieeSanzPaRudholicRajinilicious

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DC: On a winning note-Krystle/Nia" in Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Rach-dc

IF-Rockerz

Rach-dc

Posted: 28 October 2011 at 2:20pm | IP Logged

Thanks for sharing. I am glad that they were picked for their roles, they are perfect for the roles they are playing.

So happy to read in Krystles comment that there is not too much rona dhona and -vity in this show, I love the humor in the show and I hope it continues to stay that way and is balanced between the various emotions and dont go deep on just drama and rona dhona. I would hate this show going in a saas-bahu route.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4eva

ClaraOswald.

IF-Dazzler

ClaraOswald.

Posted: 28 October 2011 at 2:32pm | IP Logged
    Thank you so much for sharing this with us .

Krystal and Nia are doing a wonderful job . Love their sister scences.

I agree with Krystal i am glad , that this drama is balanced and has no negativity and hardly any crying .

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4eva

-Farrah-

IF-Rockerz

-Farrah-

Posted: 28 October 2011 at 10:46pm | IP Logged

Krystal and Nia are perfect for their roles.

I remember reading the article about Krystal being one of the leads and I remember being surprised at the time, cos I had only seen her in a supporting, negative role in KDMMD and I wondered how she would pull it off.

But she has been wonderful. All the leads are perfect in their roles.

Saranghae

IF-Addictz

Saranghae

Posted: 29 October 2011 at 12:49am | IP Logged
    truly so perfect,..!

khushirati

khushirati

Posted: 29 October 2011 at 1:21am | IP Logged
    thanks 4 update...both are doing great work

DiorRouge.

Viewbie

DiorRouge.

BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 29 October 2011 at 1:25am | IP Logged
    Nia's words reflect my life.

Live life to the fullest today, stop worrying about tomorrow, you knows it tomorrow might nor might not be there for you.

Awesome article.

Thanks Tanu <3 (:

einnieearchu

Groupbie

einnieearchu

Posted: 29 October 2011 at 1:58am | IP Logged
    thanks for the article

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.