Page 1 of 19

Page 1
Page   of 19
Page 2 Page 19

amritaa10

IF-Sizzlerz

amritaa10

Posted: 27 October 2011 at 7:07am | IP Logged

The hunt has finally and officially ended. The replacement of Sushant Singh Rajput, who so very successfully played the part of Manav in the long running Zee TV drama Pavitra Rishta, is going to be a long term Balaji Telefilms loyalist: Hiten Tejwani.

The decision was not easy a-coming. Many actors were approached to play the part of an older Manav as the storyline of Pavitra scurries forward a few years. Among these: Mrunal Jain, Sharad Kelkar, Aamir Dalvi, Yash Tonk and Hiten Tejwani.

Mrunal, who was a very strong contender to play Manav, opted out because he was waiting to hear news about his playing the lead in a Star Plus show. This apart, he did not want to be seen playing a much older character when he is pretty young himself. Even the creative of Balaji and the channel seemed to be in agreement.

Sushant Singh Rajput stopped filming for the show on 23 October. Hiten is expected to start shooting in the coming week.

The following 24 member(s) liked the above post:

agniicitrusyGManda72captkirkekomasAmarMotiA HUGE FANgaayikaTanyaz-Swetha-omshreejaanuAnjli2010Gauri22KhaLidaHriniiiiprincessRock776JaishankarMcDreaamerThaneebonnefillesuanmijanurPiyatrix-sylph-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Hiten Tejwani replaced as Manav-Article" in Pavitra Rishta forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Tanyaz

Coolbie

Tanyaz

Posted: 27 October 2011 at 7:13am | IP Logged
This guy Hiten is nothing compared to Sushant in terms of looks ...Anyway , who cares ...as long as the show goes ( hopefully not for long ) will only see Ankita's parts on the computer ...
At least Sharad was  good looking , this guy is not even that...Thumbs Down

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sancheetaHoneySuckleGarkhelsunsuan

-sylph-

IF-Sizzlerz

-sylph-

Posted: 27 October 2011 at 7:13am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing..

I like Hiten alot, Used to love him in Kutumb and KSBKBT.he is a very good actor. But i dono how far this is gonna work.
Filling Sushant's place is really tough, sushant has been really good as Manav.
Chalo im atleast happy that Anki got a good co-actor atleast.

cant ekta drop this whole stupid leap ideaOuch
Good luck to the actors.Thumbs Up

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

BAN 678PremeerKashdhahiMithuuPiyatrixFreshDaisyTani91

bonnefille

IF-Rockerz

bonnefille

Posted: 27 October 2011 at 7:18am | IP Logged
I knew it will be Hiten...he's Ekta favourite. Knew it from the day he accepted that he was approached...Ekta wouldn't keep Hiten as an option if she doesn't have to give him the role. Ekta gives loyalty precedence over anything else and noone has been more loyal to Ekta than Hiten. 

Hiten's a good actor and I have confidence he will justify Manav's character. But for me Sushant will always be Manav. Anyway not interested in the show any  longer...so now sab chalta hain! LOL

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

PremeerKashdhahiTanyazKhaLidaHumayallunzaPiyatrix

suan

IF-Rockerz

suan

Posted: 27 October 2011 at 7:27am | IP Logged
Don't know this actor, and it doesn't matter anyway.
Have stopped watching PR since Sushant left. Read updates or comments to get an idea what's happening until the leap. I have zero interest in what happens in the show now and any leap only makes it worse.

As I've said numerous times, no other actor can bring Manav to life as Sushant did! Seeing Ankita with another actor as Manav, to me, is like committing adultery. I've known Ankita and Sushant as Archana and Manav for over two years, so any other actor will not gel as Manav, can't see him as Archana's husband, and more so after a leap. I just won't be able to see the new actor and Ankita as a couple in Pavitra Rishta!

If Ankita went to another soap and played the female lead, I wouldn't have any problem accepting her as the wife of the male lead. But, in PR...no way!!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

karthikaaaaznursinghshootingstar27

GManda72

GManda72

Posted: 27 October 2011 at 7:44am | IP Logged
Hiten is a decent actor. I wish him all the best.
Of course, Sushant will be missed.
I do  not see why Ankita should leave PR because Sushant has. She came into PR on her own. She has her own individuality and thinking. Im sure she is capable of making her own career decisions and plans. She must have had good reasons to stay on. I will support her and wish her all the very best too.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

BAN 678TanyazLovePRSoham-sylph-

Tanyaz

Coolbie

Tanyaz

Posted: 27 October 2011 at 7:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by GManda72

I do  not see why Ankita should leave PR because Sushant has. She came into PR on her own. She has her own individuality and thinking. Im sure she is capable of making her own career decisions and plans. She must have had good reasons to stay on. I will support her and wish her all the very best too.
I like your post and yes , Ankita should make her own decisions and she does but I personally don't think playing this old character is the right professional decision ...
Anyway , I will always wish her good luck and am interested in her career ...

I just hope she gets a better show ( I don't like PR ) and gets to play her age ...I am sure you also would like that na ??

I think Sushant did the right thing by leaving this show ...there is nothing left in it ...

Edited by Tanyaz - 27 October 2011 at 7:57am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

suanPiyatrix

lovepreet29

Goldie

lovepreet29

Posted: 27 October 2011 at 8:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by GManda72

I do not see why Ankita should leave PR because Sushant has. She came into PR on her own.She has her own individuality and thinking. Im sure she is capable of making her own career decisions and plans. She must have had good reasons to stay on. I will support her and wish her all the very best too.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top