Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

MP_Radha

IF-Veteran Member

MP_Radha

Posted: 31 October 2011 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
Naanum ennoda Review oda vanthiteen Big smileStarClapROFL.

I was SOO SOOO SOO EXCITED When I found out they are showing the movie here!  My city is a "tamil movie illa kaadu" ROFL, so you can all imagine my excitement!  My cousin and I went all dressed up in brown and black to match the Robin Hood like Velayudham Cool.  Now since we went with my parents, my cousin and I made sure to sit at the very back far away from anyone we knew Cool, because we were planning of CHEERING LOTS StarStarStarStar.

So when the movie started... we immediately cheered loud for Thalapathy Vijay Party... little kids started following us and them soon guys too ROFL.  It was so much fun, b/c here we barely make noise but this was the first Cool

NOTE SOME CONTENT MAY APPEAR AS SPOILERS.  READERS' DISCRETION is ADVISED!!  If you wish to read, please HIGHLIGHT (select the portion) to be able to read it Embarrassed

So the movie started off, and we were waiting for our Thalapathy's entry StarStar.  In the meantime, it started off with an event that becomes VERY CRUCIAL FOR THE REST OF MOVIE!!!  Villain and then Genelia get introduced.  Right off the bat, I knew Genelia's role was going to be serious, but she played it to perfection StarClapClap.

Then came our Thalapathy... ClapClapClap!!!  We were all cheering loud as we could Party.   Now things were so much fun and we all laughed throughout for the next little while.  It was great to see the sister brother duo and the ragalai they did at their town ROFL.  My cousin and I right away could predict what was to happen... after seeing their rapport CryCry

And Hansikha entry ShockedShocked Many boys cheered so loud LOLLOLLOL.  She didn't come across like a village girl Shocked...

The movie gets a bit serious again, and honestly I badly wanted to go inside the screen and put an end to the villain AngryLOLLOLLOL.  One after another the Villains were getting on our nerves Angry

And then the fun parts again ROFL ROFL.  It was so awesome to see the funfilled Vijay ROFL.  He was amazing and made us all laugh.   It reminded me of Ghilli Embarrassed

And Santhanam StarStar... LOVED his parts so much ROFL, though I wish he was there for a bit longer CryCry

Then a series of events led to the climax!  Though the scenes were predictable, it was engaging surely Star!  One scene was heart wrenching CryCry.  And the Climax part kept us on toes ShockedShocked... I was like so nervous LOLLOL

Performance wise, Vijay rocked StarStarStar!  He excels in comedy scenes  ClapClapClap.. and DANCE StarStar he rocked!!!  He was aweosme in the Climax scene!

Genelia was AMAZING ClapClapClap.  She is indeed a talented actress who can do a variety of roles!  I loved her in this role! 

Hansikha plays a bubbly role and looked cute.  I loved her jewels so much Tongue...!!!

Saranya mohan was cute as a bubbly sister too  ClapClap.   She has equal footage as the heroines and plays her role well Star.

Villains... no need to say ROFL, they all got on our nerves, which means they did their parts well too ROFL

Now coming to overall movie, Story was nothing new and very much predictable.  My cousin who had watched the telugu version of the movie, Aazad, said the major difference was the climax.  However, presentation was entertaining Star!   Loved the flow of the movie and the well balanced scenes between comedy and serious scenes!  It was engaging! 

Normally I hate to watch fight scenes... but one particular fight scene (Other than the climax) i enjoyed watching b/c of the effort and risk taken ClapClapClap.   I loved most of the songs ClapClapClap.  Rathathin Rathame remains my favorite now Embarrassed... it waas so amazing!!!  It was so touching ClapClap.  Needlness to say, CLIMAX was pakka Star!  We cheered lots Embarrassed...!!! 

Now things that could I wished had been different...  There were a number of violent scenes, which could have been reduced!  Some were gruesome Ouch and scary Ouch.  Some kids at the theatre got scared along with some woman LOL.   I also wished to see Sandhanam for a bit longer, but I guess it was fine the way it was as well.. Embarrassed. ATTN: MAY APPEAR AS SPOILER >>>>>  And lastly, many of us wished the other heroine paired up with Vijay ROFL ROFL... we were kind of sad  but I guess the story required it to remain like that.   <<<<<<

So overall, like Shireen said, and out and out commercial masala!  Those who love this type of Genre will surley love it.  Though one piece of advice is do not go with any expecatation.. with regards to story Embarrassed.  Go with the flow and rest assured, you will love it, like I did  Big smile StarClapClap!  I surely took a message out of this movie "Dont' blindly believe anything you see and hear!  It can be life threatening!"  And its very very true!

Kudos to Velayudham Team StarClapClap.  I will surely wait to pick up the DVD for velayudham to add to my collection Wink, since they only showed the movie on Saturday (after all my city is a tamil movie illai kaadu OuchLOL). 

This Diwali surely was a treat for me, as I got to watch two movies, which I loved lots Star!  So time was worth it indeed Star!

P.S. forgot to add the songs were good.. music was peppy!  I love rathathin rathamee Embarrassed.. though before i loved chillax ROFL i sang that song at the theatre ROFL

Edited by MP_Radha - 31 October 2011 at 1:22pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

migancuty2sweetysupercool3sahi.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Velayutham Movie Reviews: (Page 3)" in Sensational South forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

supercool3

Viewbie

supercool3

Nonchalant CC Captain

Posted: 31 October 2011 at 1:46pm | IP Logged
^ i agree the violent scenes could've been reduced ... there were these kids sitting in the row in front of me and they were jumping up and down throughout the movie ... but then some of the gruesome parts and the last fight, the kids were too stunned to move 

and I also agree with your last spoiler ROFL even my cousin was like "NOOO" ROFL ROFL 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MP_Radhasahi.

MP_Radha

IF-Veteran Member

MP_Radha

Posted: 31 October 2011 at 2:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by supercool3

^ i agree the violent scenes could've been reduced ... there were these kids sitting in the row in front of me and they were jumping up and down throughout the movie ... but then some of the gruesome parts and the last fight, the kids were too stunned to move 

and I also agree with your last spoiler ROFL even my cousin was like "NOOO" ROFL ROFL 

You know this lady next to me, she was behaving like a baby Stern Smile, and held my arm too (since I know her).. and startled me also Angry... so I sang "Chillax Chillax Chillax Chillax" song to her ROFLROFLROFLROFL...

But I forgot to mention.  BTW sorry my review is super long ROFL ROFL... it goes to show i was engaged to the movie lots ROFL.  Normally I hate watching village type aruva veechu vettu kuthu sandai.. but in this movie I enjoyed watching the fight scenes too ClapClapClap.. just some violent parts (which I can't reveal) was kind of scary..

And the most touching scene brought tears to many's eyes ClapClapClap... so sentimental...!!!!

And I know, so many people were like NOOO ROFLROFLROFLROFL.   But then at the end, they accepted Embarrassed

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

cuty2sweetysupercool3sahi.

supercool3

Viewbie

supercool3

Nonchalant CC Captain

Posted: 31 October 2011 at 2:23pm | IP Logged
^ ROFL ROFL same I usually avoid the village type violent movies, but this was one was really enjoyable .. 
after watching it, I was surprised it got a clean rating in India especially with the violence .. obviously the rating here was 14+ but then that's what they give to all tamil/indian movies LOL

and the spoiler .. i was complaining even as I walked out of the theatre .. my mom literally told me to "Move on!" ROFL ROFL

Edited by supercool3 - 31 October 2011 at 2:28pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MP_Radha

Mayil_irahe

Mayil_irahe

Posted: 06 November 2011 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
Hey IFs

Have just seen Velayutham and here is my (perhaps very) negative view of the film. SPOILER ALERT DONT READ FURTHER

The best thing about the film is definitely the comedy and all the actors have done really good job.

The movie started out good with Bharathi (Genelia) as the strong journalist who wants to make a difference and the begining gave me hope that this film might be different than many other movies of Vijay - but no ... Genelia's role was shown strongminded, but was disappointed that she hadnt more to do - but definitely good role and hope she continues to make films in kollywood.

Hansika so nice, and gave a better Performance than Mapillai, but had honestly not much to do in the movie and her part could certainly have been replaced with more stage space for Genelia. in her case I am disappointed Jeyam Raja. Until now he has remaked movies where actresses have an equally strong role as an actor, and they are always nice and decent clothes on ... but yea .. Hansika's role could certainly have been better if she should have been there.

Vijay's last monologue was also very good, and he hit some key points (even if you look at his future policy) on the blind faith and that one should not expect others to do the work for you.

Saranya Mohan - the perfect little sister - Hope She continues to play han little sister and nothing more

Regarding the songs, could Mayam seythano definitely have been better or be deleted from the film. (it reminded of an old english music video ).

When we look at history I can only say that I look forward to the film to show that violence can not be solved with violence, and that Tamil Nadu is more than corruption.

People say you cant expect more from a masala movie - but where does that come from and is that going to be the reason for directors to think - Hey i can make a fortune with a movie without any logic, reason,  pure violence, good looking girls  and songs  - the last comment is not only for Velayutham...my intention is not to hurt anybody, but just come with my view, and i am sorry if I have hurt anyone

Edited by Mayil_irahe - 06 November 2011 at 2:46pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

migan

Post Reply New Post

Go to top