Page   of 5

quit

IF-Rockerz

quit

Posted: 03 November 2011 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
7 aam arivu is so nice i loved it...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

GGG3sahi.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Movie Reviews: 7aam Arivu (Page 5)" in Sensational South forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vani19

IF-Rockerz

Vani19

Posted: 05 November 2011 at 7:19am | IP Logged

I watched the movie few hours ago Big smile. I went to theater without any expectations. Surya ennatha solla Embarrassed aiyoooh Embarrassed. He looked mindblowing in the Bodhidharman character EmbarrassedEmbarrassedClap.  The sceneries were amazing and I thoroughly enjoyed it!! I never knew about Bodhidharman till this movie. Immediately after back home, straight hit Google thaan Embarrassed.

I loved the 1st 20 mins and the climax scenes the most in this movie.

Brilliant acting by Shruthi and Johnny Tri Nguyen. Hats off to Murugadass for giving us this wonderful movie.

Going to watch again with other friends tomorrow, only for Surya.EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

GGG3sneha_vijayMP_Radha

supercool3

Viewbie

supercool3

Nonchalant CC Captain

Posted: 06 November 2011 at 8:02pm | IP Logged
finally watched 7am arivu Embarrassed and here's my take on it  *Spoiler alert*

the first 20 mins were brilliant .. promising start, though it was in a documentary style .. but that doesn't matter...  I felt tears in my eyes when Bodhi Dharman cured the girl and the way her mother ran up to her child and hugged it.. there's nothing like a mother's love in this world 

however, the shift back to present day story and the sequences following up to the intermission, I would've expected it to be better ... Surya and Shruti had good chemistry, but I felt that the director didn't utilize it well in the first half .. Aravindhan's love appeared childish and ridiculous to me that I couldn't even feel for him when he sang Yamma Yamma .. I'm not against love at first sight, yet I didn't feel that same passion that I felt when I watched Nejukkul Peithidum and Anjala in Vaaranam Aayiram or the romance in Ghajini .. that magic was missing IMO ..but I still enjoyed the scenes when he first saw her at the circus, and was following her at the amusement park LOL

the songs in the first half also had very bad timing ... and because of the slow pace of the movie, the songs felt even longer than it should've been.. however, I appreciate the cinematographer for capturing such beautiful locations, especially in Mun Andhi ...

But I felt the movie really picked up in the second half... the whole look into history and combining with scientific efforts really deserves applause .. it's an unexplored concept in our Tamil Industry ... I also felt that Surya-Shruti combo finally shined too during the second-half... unlike the songs in the first half, Yellai Lama timing was really good ... the cute scene at the bus stop where he looks at her videos in her cellphone and screams out loud happily, and then her waking up, putting her cell phone away, carefully holding her bag close to her and kind of embarassed to about what he may have saw in it and worrying if he may have seen her love confession... i absolutely loved it LOL.. the genetics and hereditary concepts had me in awe.. the stunt scenes were fabulous <3 

so in a way, the second half made up for the first half Embarrassed it was much more engaging and interesting 

I thought Innum Enna Thozha would have a different picturization, still it's a beautiful song with wonderful lyrics..

the dialogues about Tamil and bravery deserve mention .. the theater was clapping, in fact I even cheered out loud that my mom told me to shut up LOL

The villain Johnny Nguyen was hot and deadly ... like each time he came on screen, I was more scared of him than the characters in the movie ROFL ROFL 

Surya worked so hard for this movie and his efforts have not gone wasted.. however, the real show-stealer was Shruti .. I'm already a fan of her singing, and now I'm also a fan due to her acting ... I would consider her the hero of the movie ..

it would've been better if the first half screen play was improved and sharper editing 

overall, I would definitely recommend this movie to anyone ... one should definitely know about their history ... 

I, myself, is a fan of history.. in fact it's one of my favourite subjects in school ... and all this time, I had been learning about what other civilizations did .. and now after knowing a little fact about what a Tamilian did, I felt so proud ...  but I also felt sad too that a lot of people didn't know who Bodhi Dharman was until this movie came out .. and just to think about all of our other forgotten heroes really hurts me .. 

It'll be a true gift to Tamilians if all our hidden history is discovered ... there's nothing greater than that Embarrassed

so my rating would be 4/5 ... 

Edited by supercool3 - 06 November 2011 at 8:11pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

migansneha_vijayVani19sahi.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top