Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 5
Page 5 Page 5

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 28 October 2011 at 1:44pm | IP Logged

^^Editing dep  too. Antony should have used his scissors more frequently in some of the scenes..they were too lengthy and misplacing of the songs..esp first half. 

I also heard this movie got censoring in some countries due to the dialogsStern Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Rolzzsahi.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Movie Reviews: 7aam Arivu (Page 4)" in Sensational South forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

cuty2sweety

Goldie

cuty2sweety

Posted: 29 October 2011 at 9:40am | IP Logged
Some interesting news related  to budhhism in tamil Nadu ...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

supercool3quitMP_Radha

harith25

IF-Sizzlerz

harith25

Posted: 30 October 2011 at 1:17am | IP Logged
My review:

Nice concept... brilliant cinematography.. Shruti was good for her debut in Tamil.. The pull back was the first part and the fast ending of the last part. Hats off to Surya for his efforts... Too much hypnotism part for the Chinese villain.On the whole nice but could have taken the story better. I liked the historical importance and hitting on the nails as how we are not aware of our incredible past!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

cuty2sweetyGGG3supercool3quitVani19MP_Radha

hopper_ocean

Viewbie

hopper_ocean

Posted: 30 October 2011 at 1:27am | IP Logged
I have watched 7am and i must say .. i went to that movie with lot of expectation and was partially disappointed with the movie. But i do not regret watching that movie. Hats of to director and the whole team for giving us a wonderful piece about history and provoking our thoughts about who we are Thumbs Up

I have seen bondi drama from one of sholin pictures before. Never ever thought Shocked he is a Tamilan Star It was embarrassing that many Indian not aware of him Ouch including me. The start on the history was good and though it was little slow but it gave a good impression Thumbs Up Sruti gave a speech on how some Indians are ashamed to even talk in tamil ShockedClap It was a good one. The research of DNA and stuff was something new to meGain lot of information that i dont think i would have taken afford to know them myself.

Agree with Meli that the song ennum enna thozha ... was little disappointing the way it was taken. I too was expecting some high emotions on that scene song ...

Villain Shocked i must say he did super job ClapStar Though he did not talk much but his performances was good and i loved the fighting scene at the end .. StarStarStarStar

Overall movie is worth to watch. Not to be missed.

Suria performances was excellent StarStarStarStarStar both as Bodhidharma and normal guy. Sruti acting ok nu sollalam. Mund andhi song was super Embarrassed loved the background Embarrassed

GGG3supercool3Vani19MP_Radhaharith25sahi.

migan

Cool Viewbie

migan

Posted: 30 October 2011 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
Me too watched this movie yesterday.

There are plus and minus to the movie.

First Plus:

• Surya, Surya , Surya - He has acted very well in all of the pieces and roles. Especially as Aravindhan in the first part very good.
  • Shruthi - She is pretty. Appreciate her trying to talk in her own voice.
  • History touch - Nice Attempt - We didn't even know these details. Good information.
  • Villian is cute and acted well.

Now coming to Minus
  • Even though the concept is good, They made it much complicated. Not just history, connection and there are DNA, Hypnotism and Martial arts all mixed up.
  • Music - Music doesn't stand at all. But for one song nothing stands. Also in some scenes I felt music is even bad.
  • Second half is not good and the ending is like they have to finish it some how and finished it.
  • At some time Surya is lost.
  • Some scenes are violent and graphic and not suitable for young children.

Overall can watch once.  I would give 3.5 stars out of 5

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

GGG3supercool3hopper_oceanVani19MP_RadhaRolzzsahi.

Historylover

IF-Dazzler

Historylover

Posted: 31 October 2011 at 10:43am | IP Logged
Woooh...finally i have also watched itBig smile...after a whole week's struggleLOL

I agree with Migan:

Surya, Surya , Surya - He has acted very well in all of the pieces and roles. Especially as Aravindhan in the first part very good. (oh i love suriya...he is the epitome of perfectionTongue)

• At some time Surya is lost. (why did murugodoss do soCry)
  • Some scenes are violent and graphic and not suitable for young children. (My brother also said the same thingLOL)

• Now my own take:

As i m a historylover ...i love watching historical and periodical drama...the starting was brilliant... the 15-20 min of the starting are totally mesmerizing...suriya just too good as bodhidharman...but i was expecting a bit more...i wanted to feast my eyes on suriya as bodhidharman for at least 45 min...but it was like it started and it ended...cinematography is brilliantClap

regarding songs ...they are  quite peppy and nice...but the sad song ...the one arvind sings after heartbreak...although it was nice but it was a bit too lengthy for me...in my opinion it cud have been better to cut it in 2-3 min songConfused (no offense just personnel opinion)

Johnny Tri Nguyen (Dong lee) is one of the plus point...he sets the screen on fire every time he entersWink

At last i too found suriya missing after intermission...although that was just for a few minutes...still it was teasing meCry ...but it was compensated by the last fight scene...brilliant effects and camerawork...awesome stunts performed by awesome personalitiesStarClap

But, overall a marvelous attempt by murugodoss...hats off to him to bring up such a nice movie providing so much knowledge

Once Harris Jayaraj said that - i m proud to be a part of this movie and after its release every indian would be proud of it
    He was right - i m proud that this movie has been made in our country - proud of India- proud of BodhidharmanClap

I would recommend every Indian to watch this movieBig smile

miganGGG3supercool3quitMP_Radhasahi.

MP_Radha

IF-Veteran Member

MP_Radha

Posted: 31 October 2011 at 12:10pm | IP Logged
    I thought I wouldn't have time to post my reviews but couldn't resist ROFL .

NOTE SOME of the CONTENT MAY SPOIL FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T WATCHED YET.    Though I guess most have been discussed already LOLLOL.

I watched 7 aam Arivu yesterday.  And first of all, I had no expectations, what so ever while going for 7 aam Arivu Embarrassed.  I just wanted to go with the flow.  The movie started off superbly, with a huge applause and cheer from the crowd ClapClap. Surya looked mindblowing in the Bodhi Dharman character StarClapClapClap.  The scenaries were amazing as well... and we thoroughly enjoyed it!  Like historylover, I too felt this part  could have been longer Cry...!!!  But by now everyone were well into the movie.. !!

Dong Lee's Introduction (Johnny Tri Nguyen) was well received as well.  After that almost everyone cracked up for the funny scenes ROFL ROFL ROFL.  I thought the movie was going to be all serious but I guess there was a sense of humour as well at some point LOLLOL

In the first part, I felt that there were too many songs Ermm.  Although we enjoyed all the scenaries and picturization, atleast one song could have been reserved for later on Confused!  

Then things got a bit more serious yet none of us felt bored at any point.  It was engaging...!!!  Dong Lee's use of hypnotism, however, was a tat bit too much ErmmIt felt like he was using that power to control everyone's mind, especially during the car pile up scene.  It seemed a bit gruesome at one point Ouch

And I agree Aravid (Surya's character) seemed a bit lost in second part.  Not sure if that was intentional, since he is a circus artist and he wouldn't know everything that a scientist does LOLLOL...[  SPOILER DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT ] But when Dong Lee and Aravind meet for the first time, we all cheered loud ROFL, since that was Dong's first failure at controling minds.!!

And the climax was MIND BLOWING StarStarStarClapClapClap!!!  Loved it completely!  

Performance Wise

Surya was AMAZINGGG!!!! He took great effort and portrayed the emotions of Bhodi Dharman and also the circus artist, Arvind, especially in the first part and the climax ClapClapClap.  He was very built and it was a joy to watch Star... no words can't describe it!!!

Shruthi hassan was awesome as well StarStar... Hats off to her for dubbing her own voice ClapClapClap!!!   She surely did great in this movie and acted well... many were full of praises for her, especially since this is her first tamil movie Star

Johnny Tri Nguyen.. Aaah... he was a great looking chap and did very well!! His body language and the way he walked ClapClap truely fit the character of Dong Lee!  He will surely go places in Indian Cinema... ClapClapClapStarStar... !!!  He was the perfect fit for this role ClapClap and many of us just wanted to get into the screen and stop this villain from doing the damage ShockedROFL

There are other characters too, but the above three stood out well! 

Now Overall Movie wise!!!  It was an awesome attempt!! ClapClapClap  I personally felt the story was good, and  very informative!  Many people appreciated it here!  Now given that am a scientist myself, I was able to relate to it LOLLOL!!  I enjoyed this science fiction very much Star!!  Kudos to Murugadoss Sir for giving us a different type of movie with a great message  ClapClapClap!!!  I never knew about Bodhi Dharman till this movie!  I was surelly a proud woman yesterday Big smileStar!  Lastly, it was great to see that all main characters were given equal screen space Big smile

Now I don't know if its me or something, but here the movie was only 2 1/2 hours, so am assuming they cut down some stuff Shocked

With regards to things that would have been made better... the use of hypnotism by Dong Lee during the car pile up scene could have been reduced a bit!  And the songs could have been spread apart!  And it wouldn't have hurt to add a bit of comedy in the latter part, but I guess it would have taken the seriousness out of the scenes Big smile, so i guess it was fine the way it is... The ending seemed rushed Ermm.  So in my opinion, they could have focused a bit more on the ending part, following the climax fight scene (which was amazinggg), things would have been a bit better for audience!  They could have also showed what happened to some of the other characters (the other baddies... and those who helped do the research). 

A number of us wanted to go and watch the movie again Embarrassed, and since they only play the movie twice, I have to wait for DVD to come out!  So for my city people, I guess we wouldn't mind watching  it again Embarrassed.

Edited by MP_Radha - 31 October 2011 at 12:12pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

AahaanamiganGGG3supercool3HistoryloverVani19sahi.

cuty2sweety

Goldie

cuty2sweety

Posted: 31 October 2011 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
    Surya indha moviela commerical heroinesaatam vandu poirukaaru (except for Bodhidharman) 
    He looks good(galmor appeal) & appears  topless LOLLOL
    But that is how the story is - Its Shruti's character which moves the story forward ..
    Suryavoda antha second character is  kindoff not exactly a HERO 

Thats what makes  this movie different & execution konjam nalla irunthirunthaa it would have been great ..and thats where the director has FAILED..

this movie scores only for  its STORY Clap
    Screenplay maathram nalla irunthirunthaa this would have been in a totally different league Disapprove

All of the above are just my thghts ...

Edited by cuty2sweety - 31 October 2011 at 2:39pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

migansupercool3quitsahi.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top