Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 5
Page 4 Page 5

-VishaD-

Viewbie

-VishaD-

Posted: 26 October 2011 at 11:22pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the reviews.

Being a fan of Surya, my expectation level was really high about the songs but it was not up to mark and i didn't really expected much and i was curious to see how did Surya performed as Bodhi Dharman and Shruthi's debut acting. Though its getting mixed reviews, i'm sure for the effort Surya has taken, it will certainly do well and its obvious how much it has impact on the viewers. On my facebook, most of the people who have watched the movie is saying 'Bodhidharman was an indian. Proud to be an indian'. So it has certainly conveyed its message Thumbs Up

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

GGG3supercool3melonieMP_Radhasahi.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Movie Reviews: 7aam Arivu (Page 3)" in Sensational South forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

supercool3

Viewbie

supercool3

Nonchalant CC Captain

Posted: 26 October 2011 at 11:29pm | IP Logged
^ you're not the only one that felt that way about the songs. I mean my pick of the album would be mun andhi and yamma, but it was same old harris stuff ... and usually the songs in surya-harris movies are really good... however, surya has put in a lot for this movie and I can always expect something unique and different from him ..

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

GGG3-VishaD-melonieMP_Radhasahi.

-VishaD-

Viewbie

-VishaD-

Posted: 27 October 2011 at 4:39am | IP Logged
I agree and out of the whole album, that two songs are my pick. Surya is always doing something different in each movie and this is another superb performance by him Clap

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

GGG3melonieMP_Radha

GGG3

Goldie

GGG3

Posted: 27 October 2011 at 5:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aahaana

Originally posted by GGG3

So the movie is getting mixed reviews. But I'm gonna watch it definitely. The very fact that it explores the unexplored territory of history and throws light on the richness and greatness of our Tamil culture are enough to fascinate me. I hear that the movie is preachy. So what...let it be... Thousand bows to A.R.Muragadoss for choosing to sensitise the present generation of Tamils on the greatness of a race that excelled in warfare, medicine, art, architecture, trade, administration, judiciary and so on and that which contributed a gem as Bodhidharman to the world.

Thanks for posting the reviews, friends :-)

Gayu..OmgShocked..u r here..it's been agesEmbarrassed

Aahana...how are you? Ezhaam Arivu and Surya have brought me here. Actually I've never left IF, but just stopped being an active member. I had always read your and Pradhu's global announcements and admired them silently. Love you chellams!Big smile

Knowing you... You will def. like 7aam arivuTongue...different concept so hats off to Murugadas for choosing this projectThumbs Up. The message is good and I am sure it will affect many people's emotions. In fact when the movie ended, people gave standing ovation to my shock cause the reviews were opposite of what happened in front me.Shocked

Standing ovation...Wow!!! That's great to know! Thanks for this news, Aahana! A.R.M has struck a chord with Tamils all over the world with his fresh and unique script and strong message! And Surya has put in phenomenal hard work! They absolutely deserve a standing ovation!

Those who had high exceptions will of course be disappointed but block out the hype factors like it's a Surya movie or ARM movie,  instead go with no expectations and you will love it.Embarrassed After reading the reviews I had no expectations and went to watch it with an open mind and it paid off actually for meEmbarrassed

It's embarrassing to admit itEmbarrassed but like they showed in the movie about how the Indian students didn't know who Bodhi Dharma while the Chinese one know...me too had no clue about him until this movie and now I did my own mini research on him as soon as I reached homeCool

I being a science student and that too into researching field, liked the conceptTongue.  This concept was interesting and different from the usual Tamil movies we have seen recently.  Yes, there are few loops but it's a science fiction so I guess rules can be broken hereLOL.

Picturization of Mun andhi was awesomeEmbarrassed, yamma yamma reminds me of anjale from VA but touchy songCry. Picturization of Ennum enna thozha disappointed meUnhappy, I expected the situation to be different with high voltage of emotions but instead we got something else.Confused

Shruti was good since it's her first movie in Tamil and she has improved a lot since her intro movie LuckTongue. She should be appreciated for her attempt to dub her own voiceThumbs Up. Ashwins role was too small and what happened with him after that car sceneShocked..LOL.LOL

Surya was outstanding as Bodhi Dharma ClapClap, the role was trailer made for him. The entire scenes art and graphics and picturization were too good, esp. the king dynastyStar. However the first entire 20 mins with the flashback could have added in middle and instead of showing it like some discovery documentaryStern Smile, they should have used subtitles instead of the background voice.Ermm

Coming to villain, omg..he is so CUTEBlushing and I loved his martial art scenesClap. Wish they had given him more fight stunts instead of wasting scenes on mind controlling.Angry That traffic scene was too lengthySleepy. However, we have got a new villain on board and I hope to see him on more movies *blush*Embarrassed.

Surya has yet again gave us a different movie and I loved it and to last but not least... Everyone should know their history and their roots whoever they are,  Tamil or not and I guess that's was the message of this movieTongue.

Awww...the message part was absolutely bang on!Clap Wonderful review! Thanks  Aahana...Big smile I'm watching the film only on Sunday. Will come up with my views after watching.

Edited by GGG3 - 27 October 2011 at 5:32am

AahaanaMP_Radhasahi.

Historylover

IF-Dazzler

Historylover

Posted: 27 October 2011 at 5:54am | IP Logged
Thanks for the reviews doston...ummm regarding mixed responses i really don't care...coz i love suriya a lot...if nothing then his acting would be enough for me to enjoy...what an actor yaar...no one on the earth can play bodhidharman so flawlessly Tongue...regarding story some have said its a bit complicated like inception...but even inception was a brilliant film...i just hope it makes huge box office collection because that is the thing which decides a movie's fate...
Good news: here in mumbai this movie is going housefullBig smile
Bad bews: because it's housefull i won't be able to watch it todayCry

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

GGG3melonieMP_Radhasahi.

sahi.

IF-Sizzlerz

sahi.

Posted: 27 October 2011 at 8:14am | IP Logged
@history lover: The story is easy to understand and it is not complicated Big smile 7aam Arivu is a different attempt Star In my views the message they conveyed was brilliant and 7aam Arivu we can watch it once Embarrassed

HistorylovermelonieMP_Radha

Historylover

IF-Dazzler

Historylover

Posted: 27 October 2011 at 10:18am | IP Logged
@ Ravi
Thanks 4 the info that it's not complicated ..i read a review at some site which said that it is complicated...but i said that is the point...coz suriya is best at doing complicated rolesTongue..becoz i m not a south indian it'd b hard for me to understand it anywayCry...i asked the guy on ticket counter whether it has subtitles or not...but he said there are no subtitlesCry...but still i will watch itTongue... but all the shows till sunday are housefull in mumbai..especially in my area...i hope i could manage it on monday or b4 thatErmm

melonieMP_Radhasahi.

Rolzz

IF-Sizzlerz

Rolzz

Posted: 28 October 2011 at 11:57am | IP Logged
Just saw 7am Arivu...
I felt it was a waste of a brilliant subject!!!!!! Bad bad direction made an otherwise outstanding concept silly!!!
Eventhough Surya, Sruthi and Chinese guy put the heart and soul , weak direction and screenplay let them down!!
Soo wish if they could redo it again Confused

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

cuty2sweetyMP_Radhaharith25sahi.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top